Essay PreviewMore ↓
Targeted entails communication, which knows the correct language that is spoken by the intended clients that the business is trying to win. If the proposed clients are from an engineering background or financial department then use the appropriate jargon.
Let’s say John from the time he was 14 years of age was on drugs in and out of juvenile homes. When John turned 18 years of age he commits a crime the sends him to prison where he spend the next 20 plus years of his life. Confined by concrete walls bob wired fences and being told when he could go to bed when to get out of bed. John is told when to eat and when not eat not even having a choice to what he can he eat his only choice is to eat what before him or not at all.
The purpose of a halfway house or also called a recovery house is generally to allow people to begin the process of reintegration with society, where monitoring and support will be provided. This is to reduce the risk of recidivism or relapse where in most cases ex-convicts would be released directly back into society. The halfway houses that is being purposed is meant solely for the reintegration of persons who have been recently released from prison or jail, others are meant for people with chronic mental health disorders, and others are for ex-convicts with substance abuse issues.
Unlike a Sober halfway houses are many times a voluntary places for residence where most residents may have no criminal records whatsoever. There is more often opposition from neighborhoods where families are fearful of halfway houses attempted to locate in there neighborhoods.
Typically work-release program we utilize a halfway house instead of a high secure institution or facility for nighttime confinement and weekend supervision.
How to Cite this Page
"The Process of Opening a Halfway House." 123HelpMe.com. 26 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A critical analysis of the opening of the play A Dolls House. In the opening of the play "A Dolls House" ,the setting of the stage is of a house portrayed as if it were a dolls house. The items described in the house are all small therefore representing a dolls house where all items are miniature, the type of furniture owned , such as a piano, show that the family is moderately well off. There is no narrator in the play and all information and knowledge about the character is gained from listening to conversations.... [tags: A Doll's House Essays]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- If I were to tell you that a group of federal inmates guilty of a variety of crimes that included, embezzlement, drug manufacturing, child pornography, and murder were in your community, the average person would want to know where those criminals were located and shut that location down. In many cities across the United States, there are facilities that house these convicted inmates. The facilities are called halfway houses, and they were created to help an inmate that is released from prison transition into a community under supervision.... [tags: Criminal Justice]
1041 words (3 pages)
- As the need for increasingly punitive community-based sanctions grew, the demand for a greater variety of programs and services became apparent, as did the importance of a more seamless transition from total incapacitation to total freedom of prisoners re-entering society. A variety of community corrections methods have developed over the years, one being the institution of halfway houses. To adequately understand residential community corrections, one must consider the origins, components, and effectiveness of halfway houses.... [tags: Criminal Justice]
1833 words (5.2 pages)
- Halfway There People. Droves of them, hustling off to their appointed gates with seventeen suitcases strapped to themselves like pack mules. All scowling, furrowing their brows. Hoping to get to where they want to go, and with all seventeen suitcases they came with. Me. I only had two bags, but one of them was large enough to be a body bag. Beside me was my cousin, a tall 16-year old, the jock type, with broad shoulders and pimple covered cheeks. He, of course, got stuck carrying my oversized bag.... [tags: essays papers]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- Edwin Morgan's Opening the Cage The poem "Opening the Cage," by Edwin Morgan, is based on a quote taken from John Cage. Cage said, "I have nothing to say and I am saying it and that is poetry." Cage's quote contains fourteen words which are rearranged fourteen times by the poet to create a fourteen line sonnet. At first glance, the poem may seem to be random and senseless, and this interpretation could hold true, for Cage was known especially for his chaotic and seemingly mindless music. One thing to keep in mind is that Cage desired to create meaning through musical methods that most people would believe to be meaningless.... [tags: Morgan Opening the Cage Essays]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- The first paragraph of Bleak House alone gives the reader an instant idea of how Charles Dickens saw London to be around 1842. He has portrayed the streets to be muddy and extremely polluted, "As much mud in the streets as if the waters had but newly retired from the face of the earth." Here Dickens has used a slight amount of Hyperbole to emphasize his point. He also uses personification when referring to the snow flakes, saying that they have gone into mourning, ?smoke lowering down from the chimneypots, making a soft black drizzle, with flakes of soot in it as big as full-grown snowflakes?gone into mourning, one might imagine, for the death of the sun..... [tags: essays research papers]
799 words (2.3 pages)
- The House of Lords has long been seen as a curiosity. As British democracy advanced, the second chamber was slow to adapt and remains alongside the Canadian Senate, one of only two unelected second chambers in the major democracies. Predominantly, due to its curious composition, the Lords in the twentieth century were generally apprehensive about using its formal powers. British politics scholars described it as having ‘a little public profile but no actual power’, while comparativists concluded that Britain had, ‘extremely feeble bicameralism [which]… shades into unicameralism’.... [tags: House of Lords, Parliament of the United Kingdom]
1491 words (4.3 pages)
- The Success of the Opening to The Empty House in Engaging the Reader in the Story English Coursework An author can engage the reader in their stories by describing different aspects of the text in an interesting way. The narrator of a story is one way that can interest a reader by the knowledge and background they have or by the way they tell a story. The larger than life characters used in the text can be good ways to grab the reader's attention by being thoroughly believable, allowing the reader to become attached to them or even, in the case of Sherlock Holmes, compete with them.... [tags: Papers]
1921 words (5.5 pages)
- Subjectivity in Edith Wharton's The House of Mirth Edith Wharton's The House of Mirth presents an interesting study of the social construction of subjectivity. The Victorian society which Wharton's characters inhabit is defined by a rigid structure of morals and manners in which one's identity is determined by apparent conformity with or transgression of social norms. What is conspicuous about this brand of social identification is its decidedly linguistic nature. In this context, behaviors themselves are rendered as text, and the incessant social appraisal in which the characters of the novel participate is a process of deciphering this script of behavior.... [tags: House Mirth Essays]
1712 words (4.9 pages)
- House, despite having a sexist main character and hardly and characters who are women, is my very favorite television show. When I watch (which, by the way, is every week; religiously), I do so because of the intensity and intrigue of the program. The various medical cases that the show involves keep me on my toes and excited for what is about to happen next. It wasn't until this week, however, that I noticed just how many inequalities and separations there are between men and women in the show.... [tags: Television Broadcast Comedy Analysis House]
1295 words (3.7 pages)
- Sociologists' Theoretical Persceptives View Points
- Effective Use of Foreshadowing and Symbolism in Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men
- Antigone, the Real Tragic Hero in Sophocles' Antigone
- The Positive Impact of Atticus, Calpurnia and Aunt Alexandra on Scout in Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird
- Government's Immense Control Over the American Population
- Thomas Herzog’s Private House in Regensburg
When one is dealing with ex-felons there are several ways of looking at this from an industry standpoint. Sad as it may be the current penal system has become one of the fastest growing industries today. This is because the mass over crowding prisons. From a marketing standpoint of the industry several situations must be considered. One would have to consider his or hers goal and objection to what area that would be targeted. When it comes to rehabilating an ex-felon, one must look at what kind of ex-felon would be considered from standpoint of the type of crime the individual might have committed. For example working with a pedophile would be different to that of bank robber or a murderer.
Generally for most halfway houses there normally is no traditional advertising because of the nature of the crime that those individual might have committed. Most of the advertisement would be word of mouth from the industry standpoint of law enforcement agencies and those in the judicial system. Many states put halfway house facilities under one general umbrella with group homes; foster care homes and residential treatment facilities and so forth.
When it comes to halfway houses they usually fall into 4 types or categories. Type 1 would as an example would be adult foster care home in which they provide shelter, daily personal grooming and their meals. Type 2 would also provide shelter where social and therapeutic programs for the client. Although most clients would be self-sufficient they are not able to live alone full time. These clients are able to hold downs jobs. Type 3 facility like the previous ones also would be residents but they would have more needs from counseling to other means of therapies. These residents are not free to come and go at will like the other 2 types. Type 4 being the one with the most restricted due to these clients being the most disturbed individuals as well as parolees convicted of hard crimes. This type unlike the others would require 24/7 care with staff having to be trained more because what local or state laws requires.
In this intense environment, simply having access to competitive information would not be sufficient enough to effectively chart a course to success. Halfway houses would need to find ways to adapt by infusing competitive awareness throughout their organization, and into every process that would change the lives of these people that needs to be rehabilitated back in our society. A competitive and environmental analysis of this market need to include all the key influencing factors that will and can affect the way in which you will compete in such a frown upon market.
A competitive review is important for a few reasons. First even if one know what the client may need and have the resources to meet the client needs, it may be that the competitive environment means that it is not worth pursuing particular parts of the market for a whole range of strategic reasons, such as the threat of price war, channel conflict, or legal or ethical considerations.Secondly, one needs to know if their competitors are doing things better than them, or more dangerously, whether they are looking to change the basis of competition in the market, for instance by moving to a direct sales model, or by introducing some revolutionary new product or technology.
With the rise or increase in crimes the penal institution is vastly becoming over populated. The idea of a Halfway house has become unique because it caters to a specific population. Operating a Halfway house can be a profitable business with the right management and business plan approach. A competitive environment is defined where in a working place, or something similar, basically one would compete with co-workers/colleagues for promotions or in job opportunities, the problem for a halfway house is there is not the competition between co-workers as much as competition with the industry as a whole.
The market concept that is related to this type of business would be how and what means of rehabilitating programs or counseling the ex-cons who have been institutionalized in the penal system for half if not all of their life. Those clients would be the one that one would use to market a halfway house to the general public as well as the judicial system that the halfway house is the best to meet the needs of the perspective clients. The non-institutionalized clients would not be as much of a challenge to rehabilitate back into society as to those that society frown upon the most because of the crime itself that they might have committed.
To survive a company must be able to rethink their workforce strategies and be willing to transform their Human Resource practices to attract, engage, develop and retain workers of all ages that would make their business one that will be able to meet the needs of there clients and the needs of there business. Human Resource Concepts should or may need to specialize in high performance training and development that will allow the clients to be their best in readjusting back into society when it comes to work ethics that more then likely would have changes due to their long incarceration in the penal system.
Human Resource concepts will also profiles workforce assessments; retain recruiting services, employee engagement and retention programs, career resiliency and coaching programs that will be needed in this area and the type of clients that this halfway will cater to.
In conclusion, when considering opening a halfway house, it is important to analyze the industry and marketing aspects, along with the concept as it is related to the business. Understanding what state agencies require is a plus as well. In taking all of this into consideration can make for effective and stable half-way house.