I received a copy of the Stinging Nettles Box. Initially, when it came, my first thoughts were, “Stinging nettles…you mean the things that caused me so much pain when playing hide-and-seek in the woods as a child? What can they be good for?” To my surprise, stinging nettles can be used to treat joint pain, arthritis, urinary problems and hay fever (allergic rhinitis). (I must admit that since I started drinking nettles tea, I have not taken my allergy medicine. The scientist in me wanted to design a research study to see if I’m just suffering from a placebo effect)
Another thing I love about Natural Herbal Living Magazine and Herb Box is that they put everything you could want to know about a single herb into a central location. You can kiss your Google searches goodbye. I personally recommend printing the magazines out and putting them in a binder. I placed the binder on the shelf next to my other cookbooks. However, some people would prefer to keep them on their computer (you can load the PDF into any e-reader program).
... middle of paper ...
...pping and has a retail value of $40-50. If you subscribe to the box monthly, you’ll get a 10% discount!
Free Bi-weekly Newsletter
If you are on a budget or just want a sample of what to expect, you can sign up for the bi-weekly newsletter here (link) and you’ll get a free issue: Approaching a Personal Herbal Practice, Herbalism Basics and Safety Information.
Each month, you can sign up for the upcoming month’s box by the 15th of the month before. You can sign up for a single month or save about 10% and sign up for a monthly subscription. Some of the upcoming boxes include: April: Dandelion, May: Plantain, June: Chamomile, July: Calendula, August: Basil, September: Red Clover, October: Garlic, November: Sage, and December: Cinnamon.
Click here for more information. You’ll be taken to the Natural Herbal Living Magazine site.
Now, it is time for a giveaway…
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Herbal and natural medicine is becoming increasingly popular in 21st century culture. It may be surprising to some that many of these herbal treatments and medicines have been around for centuries and are the basis for both commercially prepared medications, as well as the chemical manufacture of new pharmaceutical compounds (Phaneuf, 2005). One of these compounds, which has influenced chemistry and medicine for centuries is willow bark, which contains the chemical salicin (Boon, 2009). Its origins and discovery, as well as the historical culture, have influenced its incorporation as the common pharmaceutical preparation known as aspirin.... [tags: herbal treatment, hippocrates, surgery]
1067 words (3 pages)
- Looking beautiful is something all people openly (or secretly) aim for. And for them to achieve this, good health should always come first. To keep the body at optimum level, you need to take the necessary steps to maintain your health as well as prevent the onset of diseases. It is therefore important to adopt a healthy and active lifestyle—by eating nutritious food, doing daily exercise and using natural health products. Maintaining your health with the use of herbal and natural remedies is the first step to support your well-being.... [tags: supplements, natural products, health]
634 words (1.8 pages)
- Osteoarthritis affects the joints mainly in the knees and arms causing pain and discomfort; also it is a leading cause of disabilities and suffering in the United States (Gemmell et al. 2003). No cure is known for the treatment of osteoarthritis, but management of pain is possible. In the following studies researchers look at how to minimize pain with patients who suffer from osteoarthritis. In Warholm et al. (2003) researchers used a herbal pill made from Rosa canina (Rose-hip powder), taken orally, that proves to reduce the pain in subjects with osteoarthritis.... [tags: pain, herbal ointment]
699 words (2 pages)
- Herbal Tea Health Benefits Summary: Nowadays, despite preferring a regular tea with sugar and milk, people are often seen sipping on herbal tea because it is far more beneficial for the body than a regular tea. Also, as it has a number of varieties, the choice is never limited to a person, whether to stick with one or expand the horizon. According the taste he or she likes, or the nutrition he or she is willing to get, they can choose their variety. Some of the most popular herbal teas are, Chamomile Tea, Ginger Tea, Cinnamon Tea, Dandelion Tea, Echinacea Tea, Fennel Tea, Ginseng Tea, Gingko Tea, Etc.... [tags: Herbal tea, Tea, Nutrition, Unsaturated fat]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- With the significant increase of Americans using herbal supplements over the past years, the regulations of these products has become more vital. While new information has been discovered on many of these herbal supplements, their nutrition labels and regulations have not significantly changed since the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) became law in 1994. Over half of our population reportedly consumes herbal supplements on a regular basis (Burton). It is necessary that our nation, and the rest of the world, have up-to-date information on these products and their effects.... [tags: herbal products, dietary supplements, dshea]
1354 words (3.9 pages)
- In Night of the Living Dead, the zombies were eventually eliminated. Or were they. Theorists argue that the monster’s elusiveness is due to its physical, psychological and social characteristics that cross the lines of classification. Human’s innate fear of the unknown is due to their inability to make a distinction or draw a clear conclusion. This is explained further in Jeffrey Cohen’s second thesis in “Monster Theory” that claims that; “the monster never escapes” (Cohen, 14). The zombie as a monster can never be destroyed completely and if it is, it leaves a remnant the make people feel uncertain of its destruction.... [tags: Night of the Living Dead, Horror film, Living Dead]
1341 words (3.8 pages)
- Herbal Weight Loss Products An analysis of two particularly controversial products Herbal remedies, along with vitamins and various other types of dietary supplements, have long been popular with the customers of health food stores. But now they are part of a boom in alternative remedies and are widely available in supermarkets and pharmacies. In recent months, there has been an incredible surge in the sheer volume of scientific studies that have discussed the effectiveness of such herbal products.... [tags: Diet Health Nutrition Papers]
2147 words (6.1 pages)
- Herbal medicine is the extraction of herbs or plants which have a medicinal value in treating illnesses and diseases (Brody 1). A herb is known as a plant that does not have a woody stem and usually dies back at the end of each growing season. It is also known as a "natural" drug because they are derived from nature. This is unlike pharmaceutical drugs, which are synthesized from chemicals. Herbal medicine dates back a very long time. More than 4,000 years ago, the Chinese emperor Qien Nong put a book together, or a herbal, of different medicinal plants (O’ Sullivan 2).... [tags: essays research papers]
1260 words (3.6 pages)
- Alternative medicine has been around for centuries, although it has just started to become very popular in countries such as The United States. Many people now are following the trend without knowing anything about alternative medicine. People should be aware of the benefits as well as the precautions involved in taking these natural remedies. The most common form of alternative medicine nowadays is herbal medicines. These natural remedies can be found in millions of American homes today. Herbal medicine is probably the most widely used of the alternative medicines.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1581 words (4.5 pages)
- Herbal Medicine I would like to start out by saying a verse from Genesis 1:29-30 “And God said, behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to everything that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.” This verse from the bible has a powerful, but simple meaning; all herbs shall be taken in to our body as the meat for healing.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
530 words (1.5 pages)