Essay PreviewMore ↓
Recycling is an important project everyone should be part of. If we do not recycle many landfills where we put garbage will be filled up faster and we will use more of our natural resources to make the products we could have made from recycled material.
My entire life people have been standing over my shoulder making sure I am recycling everything possible. In high school we had huge recycling bins all over the entire school. Down every hall there was a regular garbage can, a garbage can for pop cans, and a bin for paper products and glass bottles. It was important to everyone that garbage was disposed of in the proper places. First of all we have all been taught that this was the appropriate thing to do and secondly out of common courtesy. We knew that our janitors would take the time to move cans and glass bottles from the wrong trash bins to the correct ones.
I was a little surprised and disappointed with the recycling bins placed in my dorm, Patterson. There are three huge garbage cans and one tiny recycling bin. The bin is only large enough to hold about six cans or bottles. It does not promote recycling very well, not to mention that it is usually filled with new garbage bags used to replace the bags in the large garbage cans. So even if you want to recycle something there is no room.
The book “Great Expectations” taught me to love the environment more. The characters in this book took great pride in caring for the gardens and the land around the house. The hired boy would work on the land a lot and it became like his home also. He and the people who lived in this house cared about the land and its appearance. They loved to go back there after they were grown and walk around.
I believe everyone should take time to appreciate the environment around him or her and find the beauty in it. It is also everyone’s job to pitch in and take care of our environment to keep it beautiful.
How to Cite this Page
"The Importance of Recycling." 123HelpMe.com. 23 Aug 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- These days, our earth has been filled by a lot of waste. There is a lot of garbage, plastic waste, and electronic waste. We always produce it and dump it when we need the new one. Our waste are piling up and continuously accumulating. Plastic waste is one of the biggest problems for us now. And our solution in this problem is recycling. In my opinion, recycling is a way to manage used items into new products. We can reduce, reuse, and recycling (3R) waste management (Peter, 2013). We can reduce our waste clothes with reuse it.... [tags: waste, barbage, electronic waste]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- Recycling is to take from old materials and making other new products from them and waste disposal is the process of unnecessary materials or substance. They are two method of reducing the number of rubbish in the world. It is known that rubbish is the biggest problem for the earth that all people concern about. Every person needs to participate in solving this problem including me, because the cause of this problem is not only responsibility of one person. We should know that important of learning recycling and waste disposal when living on my own from our generation for the future.... [tags: Recycling, Waste management, Waste, Pollution]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- The benefits for recycling are the down going cost and/or the purest quality of bottles, cans, plastic, iron, water, paper, air, vegetables, meat, fruit, spoilage, alcohol, cigarettes, all kinds of minerals, your everyday life, your very own and family’s health, and so on. You would never expect some list like that without thinking about your environment deeply, right. Generally, recycling is an effective way for anyone to prevent pollution and the only way to give the Earth time to heal its self from these evil citizens who do not care about the poison they’ve been generating.... [tags: pollution, resources, environment]
602 words (1.7 pages)
- The Importance of Recycling Have you ever wonder what can you do about the bottles and cans you find around you. People that doesn?t care about the world being clean is littering the place. It makes things very difficult to put up for. Recycling cans and bottles can help save the earth form waste and trash buildup and can make new things. I think that recycling should be mandatory and there should be recycling cans in various locations at school and everywhere else. One reason is that recycling can help save the earth from waste and trash build-up.... [tags: essays research papers]
399 words (1.1 pages)
- The Importance of Recycling Recycling is an important project everyone should be part of. If we do not recycle many landfills where we put garbage will be filled up faster and we will use more of our natural resources to make the products we could have made from recycled material. My entire life people have been standing over my shoulder making sure I am recycling everything possible. In high school we had huge recycling bins all over the entire school. Down every hall there was a regular garbage can, a garbage can for pop cans, and a bin for paper products and glass bottles.... [tags: Environment Ecology Essays Papers]
441 words (1.3 pages)
- Many people in this society have been contemplating the answer to the question, is recycling a waste of time. To some people, considering that recycling is a waste of time seems reasonable. To several other people, believing that recycling is wasteful seems despicable and foolish, considering the fact that recycling is very beneficial to humans and the environment, and a profit can be made off of it. Recycling is most definitely not a waste of time. In fact, the word itself means the opposite of waste.... [tags: Earth, Resources]
520 words (1.5 pages)
- Should We “Recycle” Our Electronic Waste. Where did the electronic waste go. When we throw out our old equipment, old TVs and computers end up in landfills, there are various toxic metals can cause various environmental problems. Yet even recycling the electronic waste, it might not be good to our environment. Have you even thought of how the United States shipping their electronic waste to some developing countries and the problems it may cause. As the United States passed the laws to recycle the electronic wastes, the companies can ship the electronic waste to the so-called recyclers in other countries legally.... [tags: Celular, Phones, Metals]
1051 words (3 pages)
- You know when you’re walking down the street, drinking your bottled soft drink or water; as you go to throw the bottle away in the trash, have you notice how many of the items in the trash are recyclable. Current reports show that about 80% of the trash that is thrown away is recyclable. Recycling is the third “R” of the three “R’s”: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle. Recycling is defined as taking a product or material at the end of its useful life, and turning it into a usable raw material to create another product.... [tags: Green Energy Recycle Persuasive]
1061 words (3 pages)
- Importance of Recycling at the University I remember my first semester here at the University and the dark halls of the Bates House Residence Hall. Many a party was concluded with an idea for what to do with the endless piles of cans that had congregated on the floor. One idea, I remember, was to wall someone into his room and another was to see how many we could stand on end without toppling. But, we usually just ended up throwing them in the trashcans in our refuse room. Sometimes out of the five trashcans in the room set aside for trash disposal, three or four would be completely filled with hundreds of cans of various beverages.... [tags: Environment Ecology Essays Papers]
1370 words (3.9 pages)
- Our world is getting to the point to where we will be surrounded by trash. There are hazards happening because of the excess trash, which could have been recycled. Although the government is not doing their best to make these hazards stop, surprisingly it is the non-governed organizations that are trying to make the difference. Proven studies and facts have been made about these issues, so people should take this into consideration and start recycling more. Recycling is a beneficial process that is not required globally like it should be because citizens are uneducated on the process and what it can do.... [tags: trash, hazards, radioactive supplies]
1175 words (3.4 pages)
I believe that it is important to put more and larger recycling bins in the dorms. We are taking advantage of the resources we have, and they are not going to be around forever. This is why it is important that everyone does their own share and is given more opportunities to recycle. We want to keep our environment as beautiful and resourceful as possible.