In the beginning of the twentieth century scientist had started talk that the globe is warming and man is the cause. Then news stations of course took the idea and made it sound like the worst thing since World War II. The thought of the globe warming is frightening the American people and people all over the world because the scientists and the news blew it out of proportion. Although it is believed that man’s carbon emissions are the cause of global waring, in reality the global cycle of nature causes the climate to change and also provides benefits to life on Earth.
Global warming extremists voice that man’s factories, automobiles, and industrial activity produce enough carbon dioxide to cause the global temperature to warm. The connection between carbon dioxide and temperature rise is very small. This was proven in the 1960’s and 1970’s when the greenhouse gas, carbon dioxide was on the rise and the global temperature still ended up cooler for the decade (Biley 78). Another aspect to look at is that Earth’s main warming cycle took place before the 1940’s, before 80 percent of man’s carbon emissions were put in the air, which means that the emissions had little impact on the temperature if any (Biley 133). Even more evidence that shows global warming is not caused by man is that at the Oregon Institution of Science and Medicine 17,000 scientists signed a petition that stated there is no evidence of global warming being caused by man’s output of greenhouse gasses (Biley 44). Some may think that global warming is a serious problem on Earth but man should not be to blame over the very little fluctuations of the global temperature caused...
... middle of paper ...
...son is longer their is more rain all and the winters are mild so their is not much killing of crops (Biley 111). Some may think that the warmer climate would kill the crops because of a drought, but there has been no water shortage and average summer temperatures around the world still remained normal (Biley 111). These are just some of the benefits global warming can offer to life on Earth which global warming extremists tend to overlook.
Scientists will always find new statistics about global warming and make claims that are both true and false. There is already enough evidence to belittle man’s carbon output as a significant cause of global warming and say that natural forces cause it and can make life beneficial. The only thing we know for sure is that global warming is a serious topic in the world today and always is going to be debated no matter what.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The cause of global warming has been a debate between scientists and experts for numerous years. In fact, Svante August Arrhenius, a Swedish chemist, first predicted global warming would occur in 1896 (Harris 16). Researchers who agree it is naturally caused insist the greenhouse effect has many natural causes. Others agree that the cause of the Earth’s increase in temperature is just part of a continuous cycle. These researchers argue that solar activity plays a huge role in the issue of global warming.... [tags: Environmental Issues, Climate Change]
1496 words (4.3 pages)
- The concept of global warming has become one of the most widely debated and controversial topics of our time. Scientists learned long ago that the earth’s climate has powerfully shaped the history of humanity. However, it is only in the past few decades that research has revealed that humans have a significant influence on the climate as well. A growing body of scientific evidence indicates that since 1950, the world’s climate has been warming, primarily as a result of emissions from the burning of fossil fuels and the destruction of tropical forests.... [tags: Climate Change Debate]
2263 words (6.5 pages)
- "Global warming is not a conqueror to kneel before - but a challenge to rise to. A challenge we must rise to." -- Joe Lieberman INTRODUCTION Global warming is a controversial environmental topic in today’s society. Global warming is when greenhouse gases (carbon dioxide, water vapor, methane, chlorofluorocarbons, perfluorocarbons, and nitrous oxide) act as a blanket that insulates the earth and prevents heat from escaping into space, which in turn causes the global temperature to rise.... [tags: Climate Change Debate, 2015]
1423 words (4.1 pages)
- Global Warming is certainly a topic of debate over the past years. Many people cannot seem to come to an agreement about the causes and effects of what global warming has the people around the world. Although ocean water and plants gather carbon dioxide, is it really enough for all of the carbon dioxide that is pumped into the air on a daily basis. It is evident that Global Warming is already having significant and costly effects – and these consequences will only intensify as the planet’s temperature continues to rise.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Fossil fuel]
1484 words (4.2 pages)
- Throughout history climates have drastically changed. There have been shifts from warm climates to the Ice Ages (Cunningham & Cunningham, 2009, p.204). Evidence suggests there have been at least a dozen abrupt climate changes throughout the history of the earth. There are a few suspected reasons for these past climate changes. One reason may be that asteroids hitting the earth and volcanic eruptions caused some of them. A further assumption is that 22-year solar magnetic cycles and 11-year sunspot cycles played a part in the changes.... [tags: Climate Change Crisis, Myth]
2381 words (6.8 pages)
- The Global Warming Debate In the beginning of the twentieth century scientist had started talk that the globe is warming and man is the cause. Then news stations of course took the idea and made it sound like the worst thing since World War II. The thought of the globe warming is frightening the American people and people all over the world because the scientists and the news blew it out of proportion. Although it is believed that man’s carbon emissions are the cause of global waring, in reality the global cycle of nature causes the climate to change and also provides benefits to life on Earth.... [tags: Environment, Carbon Emissions]
1122 words (3.2 pages)
- Science can never predict nature behaviour, it is way above everything and so powerful. According to Maslin (2004) in the twenty-first century the most debated scientific topic has been global warming. People took two sides where some of them thinks that there is global warming while the other thinks that it is just a myth. This essay will prove that global warming is a myth and we should stop consider it as a problem when it does not exist. The increase of pollution causes a large outcome to the atmosphere which are the gases, also it could change the climate completely and it pattern in the future (Long et al.... [tags: myth, pollution, environment]
826 words (2.4 pages)
- In the beginning of the twentieth century scientists began to say that the Earth was warming and that man kind was the cause. News agencies all over the world made it sound like the worst thing in history. The thought of our planet warming is frightening the people all over the world just because the scientists, news stations, and Politians took the idea and blew it out of proportion. Although it is believed that man’s carbon emissions are the cause of global warming, in reality the normal cycles of nature cause the climate to change and also provides benefits to life on Earth.... [tags: Environment ]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- The Global Warming Debate We are polluting the atmosphere and with an increasingly wide range of polluting substances and these are due to the fact that there are now so many people and their human activities are altering the chemical compositing of the atmosphere through the buildup of gases. By the end of this article, you will start to wonder about what this is doing to our world. What is global warming. Global warming takes place because human activities are pumping vast amounts of gases.... [tags: Climate Change, Greenhouse Gases]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- The debate on the issue of Global Warming is fiery hot. There are many skeptics who do not believe in the existence of Global Warming. However, there is validity in the theory that Global Warming is real. The fact is that Global Warming is real and it is here. There is more than enough evidence to assure the existence and the disastrous effects of Global Warming. The Earth and its inhabitants continue to suffer the consequences every day. There are critics which try their hardest to deny the fact that Global Warming is a true issue to be concerned about.... [tags: debate, carbon dioxide, pollution]
2011 words (5.7 pages)
- Stem Cell Research: For Better or for Worse?
- A Study on Effects of Different Levels of Aloe Vera Gel as an Alternative to Antibiotics on Performance and Ileum Morphology in Broilers
- Quicksand shows Helga’s as a figure of a Mulatto with a constant conflict between ideas of black and white identity.
- Family Therapy
- Are Criminals Born or Made?
- Does Pornography Exploit or Liberate Women?