Essay PreviewMore ↓
The Sci-Fi network's WorldWide Web (WWW) site, on the Internet, is organized to advertise its channel and navigate you through its information easily. It achieves this by constructing its site simply and effectively using graphic designs. Because it is a commercial site, it uses appealing visual graphics associated with science fiction, and the channel, to receive your attention, and get you interested to explore its sources. However, attracting the viewer's attention with fancy graphics doesn't necessarily make it a good Web site. What makes it effective is its format of graphic designs which moves you through its information without any difficulties. The Sci-Fi network achieves this by using proper organization and use of color to design their graphics, in order to establish a successful Web site on the Internet.
The Sci-Fi network uses graphic designs to organize its home page in order to produce an image that illustrates relevant logos and information about the site simultaneously. The fact that the Sci-Fi network is a commercial site on the Internet, contributes to its structure of organization. As a result, the network uses visual designs to publicize the Sci-Fi channel and help link you to its sources of information with an interesting yet effective style. The Sci-Fi network places a science fiction logo in the center of the background, which is arranged with sources along the sides and corners of the boxed image. This logo is used for illustration, and the links, (represented by small squares with titles written in them), are used for locating information of categories found within the site. The Sci-Fi network also manages to incorporate two flashing boxes which link to information about the network's TV listings, on the top two corners of the same image, and incorporates an advertisement of the channels logo around the same centered image.
All of this information is crucial to this commercial site, because it manages to advertise its channel and offer a concise structure of visual designs to link you to information quickly. The site is organized in this structure for these purposes and successfully manages to achieve an effective structure through this proper organization. This approach has some benefits in comparison to the use of written text in other sites, which usually contain lengthy information that may or may not interest you. For example, when you look at the Cyberpunk FAQ site, which resembles this type of organization, and compare it to the structure of the Sci-Fi WWW site, you can see the benefits of using relevant graphics to enhance a commercial Web site.
How to Cite this Page
"The Effects of Color And Organization on the Web." 123HelpMe.com. 24 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What is poverty. The World Bank Organization takes a unique way of looking into the question of what is poverty. “Poverty is hunger. Poverty is lack of shelter. Poverty is being sick and not being able to see a doctor. Poverty is not having access to school and not knowing how to read. Poverty is not having a job, is fear for the future, living one day at a time.” With that being said, according to the United States Census Bureau in 2013 the nation’s poverty rate fell to 14.5%, down from 15% a year earlier.... [tags: Poverty, Poverty in the United States]
2397 words (6.8 pages)
- The effects GMFs have on crops. Genetically modified crops have the ability to generate and create new weeds with its relatives. This is called out-crossing. Out-crossing is a risk factor that is associated with Genetically Modified Foods. Out-crossing can happen because of the wind, insect pollution, and other ways of transportation. When out-crossing happens, it can contaminate other species, leading to hybridization. Hybridization is when two different organisms are combined and become one organism.... [tags: Genetically modified food]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- Everyone will have a least one job in their lifetime, and knowing how to recognize discrimination, so they are able to seek the proper help when needed to is very important. Discrimination in the work place can happen to anyone, and that is why people need to know the laws that protect employees against discrimination, ways employers can prevent discrimination, and the effects of discrimination in the workplace. Three major laws that protect employees are Title VII of the Civil Rights Act in 1964, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and The Americans with Disability Act.... [tags: laws, employees, prevent, effects]
713 words (2 pages)
- In society, abortion remains one of the most debated, controversial, and deliberated issues. According to “Abortions in America” from U.S. News & World Report magazine, approximately 43 percent of American women will terminate their pregnancy by means of abortion in their lifetime, making abortion greater than three times more common than breast cancer and just as common as divorce (Waldman, et al 22). Everyone deserves a chance to live, especially an innocent infant without a voice. Also, abortion may cause detrimental, psychological effects on the mother of the child.... [tags: children, psychological effects, life, murder]
1180 words (3.4 pages)
- Race has been an issue in North America for many years. Eduardo Bonilla-Silva discusses the new racism in his book, Racism without Racists. Bonilla-Silva classifies the new racial discrimination as color blind racism. Color blind racism is then structured under four frames (26). Color blind racism is believed to have lead to the segregation of the white race from other minorities called white habitus. Color blind racism and white habitus has affected many people, whom don’t even realize that they are, have been or will be affected.... [tags: Color Blind Racism, White Habitus]
1656 words (4.7 pages)
- “Adverse Effects of Playing Violent Video Games” Can playing violent video games have detrimental effects on teens. According to an article by M. Lee and Laura Finley entitled “Video Games Are Addictive and Promote Irresponsible Behavior” the authors’ claim, “Research shows disturbing links between exposure to violent video games and desensitization to violence in the real world "(Lee M. and Laura Finley). In other words the article confirms that video game violence can have negative social and emotional effects on adolescents.... [tags: Video game, Nonviolent video game]
1110 words (3.2 pages)
- Injuries in sports are very common, but a concussion is a serious problem that is causing many to suffer from the injury as well as post-concussion syndrome. This paper will be about the effects of what a concussion can do to the human brain. To tell if one may have a concussion, various side effects will be explained throughout the paper. Also, multiple treatment options will be discussed to inform the readers of how to treat a concussion. This paper will also touch on the short-term and long-term effects that come with receiving concussions.... [tags: Concussion, Traumatic brain injury, Brain]
1618 words (4.6 pages)
- Impressionist painting remains a significantly attractive period in the history of modern art and deemed by many as the top appreciated by the public. …Sequence of exhibitions, plentiful literary texts and record gross sales yield more of an indication of today's extraordinary resonance of pieces by Impressionist painters, a number of which are imprinted on our creative conscience In their time, Impressionist pieces appeared to be so shockingly modern, that it took their coevals more than thirty years to admit them.... [tags: art]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- Are the schedules of children becoming overloaded. According to William Doherty, a professor and director at the University of Minnesota, children have lost twelve hours of free time per week (“See How They Run: When Did Childhood Turn Into a Rat Race?”). Doherty also says that organized activities are more intense now than they have ever been. Overscheduling can also have positive outcomes-- “kids are given more advantages” when involved in many activities (Disney). Overscheduling can cause a variety of positive and negative effects on children.... [tags: education, structured activities]
1404 words (4 pages)
- The Effects of Abortion on Mental and Physical Health Sairy Cohen The University of Texas at El Paso There are many ways to prevent pregnancy, but not everyone knows the risks and effects that this may bring to their life. There are about 15 different types of contraceptives, but the most common one is abortion. Abortion is the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy. Analyzing the Audience and Purpose The audience for this discourse community is women, and teenagers .... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Fetus, World Wide Web]
1157 words (3.3 pages)
However, even though graphics can be used to benefit some sites, visual designs that aren't relevant or don't have a specific function should be avoided along with graphics that take up too much space. Irrelevant or large graphics may result in distracting viewers from important information found on the Web site. On the other hand, proper organization of graphics that benefit the purpose of the site, like the Sci-Fi network, can help create an effective WorldWide Web site.
The proper use of color to distinguish the variety of options you have to select from, is another useful element the Sci-Fi network takes into consideration when building its Web site. Colors are used to differentiate between the networks advertisement logos and sources of links which are both organized on the same screen. The colors chosen should help you locate information you want without any problems. The Sci-Fi network does this by cleverly putting its advertisements and its six links to information in different colors that contrast against the dark, black color they are placed against. The Sci-Fi network chooses bright yellows and pinks for its advertisements and outlines the six links in white along its edges. Because the links are outlined in white, it creates a distinctive contrast against the bright, colored logos and black background.
Using color to help guide a Web site to information of other sources can be a useful strategy. There are many benefits when using color instead of written directions to construct your movement through the Internet. When you compare the Sci-Fi network and Cyberpunk FAQ Web sites, you are aware of the significance of the structure chosen to build their individual Web sites. Cyberpunk FAQ's choice, of using written text to instruct you about its information, is a different approach than using colors and designs for the same job. FAQ's WWW site doesn't contain any visual appeal, because it's not trying to get the viewer interested in it's site. The Sci-Fi network, on the other hand, chooses the use of color to construct it's site, because it can create visual appeal while distinguishing its sources of information in a simplistic yet creative style that satisfies the network's purpose for its Web site.
This structure results in an interesting Web site which uses simple images to link you to detailed information of your choice. However, in order for color to be useful, it needs to be chosen in an effective way that helps you read and understand what its trying to express on the Web site. For example, when color is being used within a site to highlight its links, colors that make it stand out should be used instead of colors that blend easily and may cause confusion. A way which color problems may be solved can be seen in the Sci-Fi network's site. On the bottom of the main home page graphic, a list of all the six links represented on the page as images are written in black letters against a white screen to avoid any confusion of the graphics being used
The Sci-Fi network's WorldWide Web site is designed to interest and navigate you through its information on the Internet as easily as possible. The network fulfills their purpose by incorporating effective graphic designs in its site's format. Their Web site completes this goal by designing the visual designs with proper organization and colors, that help establish the site into a concise and interesting format which the viewer can appreciate and use successfully.
This site is very colorful and uses images to link to its informative sources. Its graphics take up more space than necessary. It contains information about TV listings and new shows on the CBS network.
I found the information on this Web site rather long. It contained no graphic designs to aid its page, and was packed with information on cyberpunk.
Doug's library contained reviews and comments of cyberpunk books. It contained one small graphic image to decorate the home page.
I thought this Web site was very interesting. I enjoyed the graphic images and the information found in the site. It was very creative and was packed with information about the channel and other science fiction related items.
SF Clearing House
I liked the approach used for this site. It was divided into categories, and used triangles beside the links to distinguish them as links. It was a simple format, without long amounts of information to read through.
Schneider, Erich. Frequently Asked Questions On Alt. Cyberpunk. October 8,1995 http://bush.cs.tamu.edu/~erich/alt.cp.faq.html
Sci-Fi Network. The Dominion. October 10, 95. http://www.scifi.com/