... middle of paper ...
...d it. By having a plan, the student can save themselves hours of stress because they will not have to go through and research every little detail as their senior year comes to a close. The smartest way to go about making a decision is to make at least one college visit. No letter, web page, or phone call can supersede actually experiencing the college. This is not to say the only item a student should worry about taking tours of colleges. It takes a combination of multiple items to come to a solid and final conclusion on where to go to college. While it may be formidable for a student to think about choosing where to continue college, it can also be an enjoyable process because they student can, for the, decide what kind of experience they want. Students should not be afraid, they need to embrace the process and be ready to enjoy the next four years of their lives.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Finding the right college to attend that will better one 's chances in the future is a very stressful decision that can cause many sleepless nights, for the average person. However, I was lucky enough to be introduced to my soon to be dream school at a very young age. Growing up in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, just two hours away from Norman, led me to become highly intrigued at the possibility of, one day, attending the University of Oklahoma. Being an avid sports fan throughout the entirety of my life, I almost instinctively chose to be apart of the famously coined Sooner Nation.... [tags: High school, College, Oklahoma, Conservatism]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- ... I drive back to my college, find an empty parking spot after 20 minutes of waiting, and proceed to walk the familiar halls at my second semester of college. I approach my algebra class and sit next to a friend that I know, the professor proceeds to lecture and 50 minutes later, the class is over. I finish the remainder of my classes and get ready to drive home. As I’m getting ready to walk I’m thinking to myself “There has to be more than just walking back and forth to class all day”, it seemed like that was a common question that I asked myself everyday my second semester of college.... [tags: High school, College, Dormitory, University]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- Foundation is a liquid for your face that must be the same color as your skin and it is best known as make-up. I asked 8 females how many of them used make-up on a daily basis, and 6 out of those 8 females answered (yes) as in they would use make up on a daily basis. (Interview) Some of those females commented on how difficult it is for them to find a foundation for their skin tone. Many females these days have a huge problem discovering what foundation is best for them. I consider myself one of those females that have trouble finding the right foundation for my skin tone and skin type.... [tags: Liquid, Make Up, Skin Color, Clear Skin,]
1506 words (4.3 pages)
- Nowadays, many people seek higher education for a better advantage in finding a job and getting a better life. Even though many people think going to a four year university directly from high school is a good idea; they are wrong. Starting out at a two year college is more affordable. Also, it helps people explore careers and prepare people to do better in four years universities later down the road. Going to four a year college directly after high school would cost a fortune amount of money. Before high school’s graduation even comes close, parents and students already find themselves in a marketing environment to look for higher education.... [tags: education, university, tuition, undergraduate]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- The Road to College Coming from a small town where farming and working right after high school is what everyone decides to do, I decided to further my education by going to college. College to some people isn’t even an option, most kids would follow up their families and go work for them or start helping out around their farms or in the family business. Not wanting to be stuck in my hometown for my young years or working right after school I started looking at colleges to get out and go do bigger and better things.... [tags: High school, College, Higher education]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- The College sophomore considers changing his or her major from business to kinesiology, or from forensic chemistry to English with a minor in American History. How could a student change their major mid-way through their college career. Concerning my own experience with this decision, there is a lot of gut feeling or change it on a whim influence that dictate these decisions that have—at least up to this point—not been made before. The pressure involved in changing one’s intended major is one of numerous other pressures encountered in college.... [tags: University, Student, Feeling, Decision making]
702 words (2 pages)
- ... When attending lecturers, completing piles of coursework and studying various hours of the day is not all that it cracks up to be, the results are beneficial. Although communication may seem like an easy task to learn, it serves an extreme importance within a college student’s lifestyle. For instance, in college, students are required to give verbal lecturers to help with smooth transitions in presentations. This activity helps students promote a clear understanding of their topics, engaging with their audience and sharing personal stories to ease tension within the room.... [tags: University, Education, Problem solving, College]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- Higher education is seen as a privilege and not a right, however, in the United States it is not a privilege that every person can afford. Free college education is essential because it gives students the right to equal and better career opportunities, therefore making this privilege accessible to all. Education also plays an integral role in promoting a nation 's economic growth; having more Americans with higher education starting up more businesses resulting in the creation of more jobs, therefore putting more money in the economy.... [tags: Higher education, College, United States]
1537 words (4.4 pages)
- I was always determined to go to college when I was younger. When I was in High School, I would go into the guidance counselor’s office just to glance at the college brochures. Pursuing a higher education has always been a dream of mine. I have always been determined to go to college. Going to college is a good decision for me, the desire, decisions, challenges, the different course of studies, and showing how I will succeed in this journey. I have always had a strong desire to go to college. When I was a child, I wanted to grow up, go to school to become a veterinarian or a nurse.... [tags: High school, Higher education, Full-time]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- In The Color of Water: A Black Man's Tribute to His White Mother by James McBride, exemplifies the struggles and obstacles he encountered in life while eager to find his true identity and purpose in life. In his journey of finding his true identity, James McBride faced erratic extent of preconception. Growing up, he had a rough childhood which resulted to the immoral decisions he made as a juvenile. A few of his decisions included skipping school, using drugs and getting incarcerated for larceny.... [tags: Literary Analysis ]
1196 words (3.4 pages)