There are many types of team that contributes differently towards the success of organization. The formal team will contribute by making sure that they carry out the duty professionally on a day-to-day basis. One key aspect of the formal team is that they have certain rules and regulations to follow. An example will be that they need to dress smartly and communicate in formal language to customers and colleagues. (Richard ET all, 2009) This is part of the job which the team members need to carry out, But it does not mean, performing the day duty will make the team effective. It is essential that the team members are willing to work hard and give the utmost effort in any project or activity which they are given. The team needs to work together and make sure that they have a friendly relation with members and supervisors. This allows the organization to be more effective and therefore have a greater number of productivity increased. “Light work.” (2009, June 6)
There are conditions necessary in terms of individuals working effectively in a team. The is a necessitate for the organization ...
... middle of paper ...
...elationship&f=false. Accessed: 26th Oct 2010
Lucas, E. (2001)‘And the Winner is Everyone’ ,Professional Manager , p229.
Gitman and CaMcDaniel (2008), ‘the future of business: The Essentials’ [WWW] available from:http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=vUdFCfnJYu4C&pg=PA186&dq=types+of+team+problem+solving&hl=en&ei=r-HGTN6-NcOOjAeXnahi&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=book-thumbnail&resnum=1&ved=0CDUQ6wEwAA#v=onepage&q=types%20of%20team%20problem%20solving&f=false [accessed 26th Oct 2010]
Useem, M. ‘How to Groom leaders of the future’, in Pickford, J. (ed.) Financial Times Mastering Management 2.0, Financial Times Prentice Hall (2001), p. 297
Valenti, A. ‘Five Essential Qualities of Leadership’ www.leader-values.com [accessed 18 January 2011].
Anon, (2010), Anon, [WWW] available from http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Hawthorne_effect [accessed 26th Oct 2010]
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- An analysis of team leadership models the research should not just focus on the skills that are common between team leadership models, but place a focus on effective teams and team leadership models. Increasingly I see the use of effective team building and effective team leadership as skills in demand. Exactly what does it imply. Understanding the perspective and context of the group should be a focus before applying group leadership models into place. To understand perspective, the definition of “team” should be clarified, not every team should take the same approach as the word “team” is used frequently and truly can be understood and applied differently.... [tags: Leadership, Skill, The A-Team, Team]
707 words (2 pages)
- Introduction Team building benefits the team as a whole. When people who rarely work together are forced to communicate, they can discover that they enjoy the interaction and continue to network and bond with different people back at the office. For many, working in team is difficult, for others is easier than working alone, not many people are able to respond to the commitment involved in working in a team environment. And there are usually time imbalances that are generated within work teams.... [tags: Team Building Essays]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- The Leadership Challenge Leadership skills are essential for those who wish to lead change in an organisation. According to Kouzes and Posner leadership is a relationship between those who aspire to lead and those who choose to follow (2007). How this relationship works can be a determining factor in the success of a project or indeed an organisation. Not everyone is a born leader, but leadership skills can be developed and many theorists have come up with strategies and processes that can be followed to achieve this goal.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Organization, Sociology]
962 words (2.7 pages)
- This literature review examines a leader’s role in creating and fostering a diverse culture within an organization. Leaders have a responsibility to the people and the organization they serve to encourage their growth and enhance their skills and abilities. The research identifies qualities befitting of a leader competent in diversity management; one capable of implementing initiatives, training and outlining strategic goals to better an organization. Targeting leaders of this caliber is vital if an organization is to see the success of their diversity initiative realized.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Sociology, Organization]
1515 words (4.3 pages)
- In today’s health care organizations, fewer and fewer individuals are working as solo practitioners ; instead, health care is increasingly delivered through teamwork, and teams are a vital component in health care organizations(McConnell,2006). Bauer and Erdogen (2009) define a team as a “cohesive coalition of people working together to achieve mutual goals”. (p.213). According to McConnell (2006) , teams are united by a shared purpose , regardless of the team’s type, composition, degree of performance, or reason for being.... [tags: Health Care]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- Community Engagement and Contributions to Programing Education is the main element that has driven initiatives to issues such as poverty, language barriers, arts education and creative problem solving as well as creating an awareness of the need for the arts in their communities. Put simply, “its all about the people you touch. Your community is what drives you to pursue and empower creativity and innovation. It is what’s infectious around here- its what gravitates a community, it reaches all income levels, everybody can appreciate it in their own way- its what art is”1.... [tags: Art, Arts, Music, Visual arts]
1614 words (4.6 pages)
- Team cohesion is the process of connecting the team. It’s a makes the team stick together and achieve it even when everyone is tired, under pressure or Faces difficulties and challenges. There many aspects to strengthen the strong team association and some are shown in. Good team cohesion will increase chances of successfully completing the goal with high performance. The team will trust each other and support. This would make work faster and more effective. A team's weak cohesion will result in poor performance that may prevent the team from reaching its goals.... [tags: ]
981 words (2.8 pages)
- The Contribution Of The League of Nations To The Development of International Administration Introduction International administration has similarities to national administration which is commonly known as public administration. National administration is the study of the bureaucracy of government structure and organisation while international administration is also the study of organisation but unlike national administration the organisation are international and are independent of the state.... [tags: Developing Administration, Contributions]
1574 words (4.5 pages)
- ... According to Hill’s model of team leadership illustrated in Northouse (2012), a combination of leadership decisions with internal and external leadership actions play a prominent role in enhancing team effectiveness, and thus team excellence. For instance, leadership decisions made by a team leader must be focused on improving team effectiveness. The model simplifies the complex nature of team leadership by aiding leadership problem solving by offering a mental map for helping team leaders. Northouse (2012) and Kouzes and Posner (2012) emphasize the fact that team leaders can utilize the team leadership model to make decisions that are based on the current nature of the team, for instanc... [tags: strong leadership, theories of leadership]
1085 words (3.1 pages)
- Describe how your organization rates on these cultural characteristics: detail-oriented, team-oriented, innovative, aggressive, outcome-oriented, and people-oriented. I think that a company’s culture can be an important factor that always tends to determine the success or failure of the any company today. When it comes to measuring performance all managers take a look at the employees that they manage and do a monthly, quarterly, or annual review of their goals, and accomplishments Each year the company can compare how well they profited in certain areas and where they need to spend more time improving and the same goes for all of its employees.... [tags: Management, Want, The Culture, Better]
704 words (2 pages)