I have played sports from soccer to basketball, I know that if I had not been involved in sports, I would not be the person I am today. From the first day I started to play sports, I learned about responsibility, integrity, the importance of doing hard work, and much more. Taking the chance to play sports has definitely been life changing. Something that sports made me realize is that even though I can be the most dedicated person when working on a task, I still have the greatest aptitude to procrastinate on some things that is brought to me; most of the time it’s almost like a second nature to me to puts things aside. However, when I have an important task ahead of me, it’s always done right. I am dependable; one of my first big accomplishments would be when I first got into County Middle School soccer team, and from that day on, I have made it my aspiration to continue playing. Two years later when it was time for me to initiate high school I was told doing getting into the team would be extremely difficult, and it would be an immense ...
... middle of paper ...
...hat clearly in mathematics, Getting excellent grades all the way through high school. I kept thinking about my future, and I decided to choose a major in which my skills would be of great use and then I thought why not business, and it was not a poor choice because I soon realized that economics came easy to me. Although the experience I got from high school was well by itself, it was not enough to prepare me. I truly want to increase my knowledge. I know that if I had never played sports, I would not have the drive nor the self-confidence I have today. It is extremely important to me to receive a good education beyond high school. Soccer was the force that kept me going; it showed me that there is no good lesson learned without any torment, only if you can bear through it and keep moving forward will you realize that you are strong enough prevail over any obstacle.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Sports, a very popular past time today, have been around since ancient times. Greek Olympic Games featured events from chariot races, javelin throws, to wrestling. In addition, a game similar to soccer was played in China by the second century BC. In England, a violent rugby type game was even played to settle feuds between villages. With the development of the industrial revolution and the creation of the first public schools, sports decreased in violence and were played more recreationally and constructively. Basketball was invented to help the youth in New England spend their energy in the winter months. Since the early 1900’s sports have been a key experience in the United St... [tags: Benefits of Competition 2014]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- At age four, I started my first sport, soccer. From the very first practice, I was simply hooked to the new responsibility to show up at practice every Tuesday and a game every Saturday for my new Blue Valley Recreation team. I had so much fun with my soon-to-be kindergarten classmates. As I grew, I joined more and more sports like softball and dance classes, and I would do anything to get outside and play some football or tag with my family. From the time I was four until now, my love for sports and exercise has only multiplied and multiplied.... [tags: Sports]
2440 words (7 pages)
- ... Being on a sports team outside of school is a good place for children to work on their social skills and making friends. In elementary school kids are beginning to learn how to act in public and what is appropriate and inappropriate way for them to act in public. Practices are a great place because you are in public, but surrounded by friends who are also going through the same learning process as you. You learn that the things you say can affect other people personally, but you also learn that if you hurt someone’s feeling you have to fix it.... [tags: Learning, Play, Obesity, Nutrition]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- “On your toes,” Ole yelled, at all his teammates. Ole is my ten year old son, who has been playing soccer since he was in first grade. He plays two seasons a year and we are on our tenth season. Ole has started showing leadership with his teammates this season. Ole's team shows him respect, he is a very strong player that has always has his teammates backs. No matter how tired he is, he is right there to help his teammates out. When Ole started playing soccer I would have never dreamed of him taking this path.... [tags: Sports Essays]
2426 words (6.9 pages)
- Everyone agrees that parent involvement is a good thing. But when the parent behaves inappropriately, it creates a poor environment for the children to learn and enjoy themselves. "Sideline rage" with parents behaving badly at youth sports events is such an epidemic, that 76% of respondents from 60 high school athletic associations said increased spectator interference is causing many officials to quit (Associated Press, 6/3/01). Parents are supposed to be role models, and the lessons they teach will determine their values and actions in the future.... [tags: sports rage, youth sports, sports violence]
1510 words (4.3 pages)
- Pros and Cons of Children in Sports On Friday October 18, 2013, Aledo High School and Western Hills High School squared off in a football game. It was a great game for those rooting for Aledo High because they won the game 91 – 0. At the time these two teams played, ESPN of Dallas/Fort Worth had Aledo ranked number one in the state in class 4A high school football. With a massacre like that, one may ask if the Western Hills Football team knew why they had lost so badly. Would this game have made state and national news if it had been played but no score was kept.... [tags: sports, activities, self-esteem, family]
1318 words (3.8 pages)
- ... Following Career Path Most individuals that play these fantasy sports tend to know a lot about the game and when it is smart to trade players and when it is okay to buy new players. There is a big difference between males and females of the online gambling sports fantasy games; where males have a total of 66% playing and females have a total of 34% playing (FSTA, n.d). Out of those individuals a lot of college students of approximately 57% have been active on these websites playing the sports (FSTA, n.d).... [tags: Game, Play, Player, Fantasy sports]
1394 words (4 pages)
- STARTING SPORTS AT YOUNG AGE INTRODUCTION It has been questioning by many people including experts that if starting sports at an early age is really beneficial to the individual. Most scientists agree that when it comes to starting sports, the earlier the better. First of all, the children would be fitter. In today’s world one of the most important health issues is obesity. To extend, almost 1 out of 5 children in the United States of America are dealing with obesity; triple of the rates from previous generation (cdc.gov, 2013).... [tags: Benefits, Physical Exercise]
1652 words (4.7 pages)
- These days, there is too much pressure on children who participate in organized sports because of the unnecessary parental involvement they experience. A growing concern amongst those involved in youth sports is that certain aspects of parental involvement become detrimental to the development and experiences of young athletes. Early emphasis on winning, making money, and the disruption of education can exceedingly affect ones desire to further participate in a sport later on in his/her life. With more and more children participating in some sort of organized sport than ever before, there is a constant concern regarding the pressures kids are brought into to excel.... [tags: Sports]
1014 words (2.9 pages)
- Of all the instruments laid out on display, only one caught my attention. I was thirteen at the time, and naturally, my eye was drawn to the shiniest of the group. I had never heard the sound of a flute before, aside from the cheap imitation of one on my family’s electronic keyboard. Nevertheless, I picked the pretty, gleaming, easy-to-carry flute on that first day of band class. Three years later, I can’t imagine playing anything else. What started off as blind luck and an attraction to shiny objects is now a part of my life.... [tags: Benefits, Correct Choice]
1188 words (3.4 pages)