The 12th Birthday event consisted of a sale on works created by the Art Enables artists, a reception celebrating the 12th birthday of the organization, an art workshop hosted by local artist and a day-long Valentine making station. The event started at 1p.m. and ended at 4p.m. The Art Enables team served food and drinks at the event. A local food service, Eat and Smile Catering, served mini sliders as light hors d'oeuvres during the event. Zeke’s Coffee served coffee. The Art Enables team provided mini doughnuts. In addition to theses, Rhode Island Liquors donated select wines to be served to visitors in the gallery. After the event, I had the opportunity to speak with the organization director, Mary Liniger, to talk about the success of the event and the work put into making it possible.
The logistics of the 12th Birthday event was based on a monthly r...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Day of the Dead celebration is one full of beauty, joy, laughter and art. It is a celebration in which the living and the dead are reunited. The children and infants are the first to visit (November 1st), then after they depart the spirits of the deceased come and enjoy there part of the celebration (November 2nd). Celebrations, as well as customs, vary regionally. Some visit the cemetery and participate in a big communal celebration, while others just clean and decorate their loved ones grave without joining the big communal celebration.... [tags: celebration, cemetery, art, food]
2797 words (8 pages)
- It was a beautiful sunny morning; you could hear the birds singing in the background. I just woke up after a long sleep. It was now 11am and everyone was awake whizzing all around the house and I wondered what all the havoc was about. I came across my mum and asked, “What was going on”. I got no reply. It was like my mum didn’t even see me if I was invisible. After that I could not be bothered to ask because it looked like another busy Sunday morning. Later on the day I was getting bored and nothing was on the skinny TV of ours.... [tags: birthday,]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- All I wanted for my birthday was two brand new plastic storage sheds. One was needed for the yard tools and one for the kids' outdoor toys. I figured it would be safer to store them separately, because I did not really want the children poking around hedge clippers and hatchets just to find a toy. My husband came through and got me the sheds I wanted. I made it a game for the kids to put the toys away: They would open the door and try to throw the toys in from different points in the yard. That works well as long as they remember to shut the door.... [tags: Birthdays, ]
744 words (2.1 pages)
- Holidays, Celebrations, and Festivals Galore How would you feel if every holiday and celebration were the exact same, well there not. Thank goodness the generations before us had already thought of that problem. There is a major diversity in holidays, festivals, and celebrations in Christianity, Judaism, and Hinduism. They celebrate for different reasons, and at different times. Holidays celebrate birthdays, celebration, and festivals. They resemble a major or important event in history. They have specific dates that they start on and end on.... [tags: Celebrations, Culture, Society, Diversity, Family]
1619 words (4.6 pages)
- Compare and Contrast Remember and A Birthday by Christina Rossetti Christina Rossetti was born in Victorian England and grew up in the pre-Raphaelite era. Coming from a well educated family she drew influence for her poems from her surroundings and experiences. In ‘A Birthday’, she looks at the celebration of finding new love. She is overjoyed because her love is reciprocated and wants to make a new beginning with this man spending the rest of her life with him raising a family. A Birthday is filled with joy, happiness and anticipation of what life will be like with her new love.... [tags: Remember A Birthday Christina Rossetti Essays]
1905 words (5.4 pages)
- How Ironic, Celebrating The Gift Of Life With Death May it be her elegiac, disturbing poetry or her dramatic finale of life, Sylvia Plath is one of the most praised writers in the history of time. From the age of eight, Plath lived an unfortunate life, dealing with the death of her father, a failed marriage, and upholding the strict expectations of women held by society (Poets.org 1). “A Birthday Present”, written by Sylvia Plath, demonstrates an obvious representation of her emotions and attitude toward life.... [tags: Poetry, Suicide, Death, Meaning of life]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- Themes from the Celebration at Heorot The passage "Celebration at Heorot" presents a wide variety of subtle themes and ideas. The three main ones are: the foretelling of the doomed future, different Christian and pagan beliefs and rituals, and the enternal battle of men vs. monster (good vs. evil). This section will analyze each one of these themes. To go to a specific page, click on the links above. Men vs Monster The theme of eternal battle between men and monster can be perceived through the different stories told by scopsat the celebration.... [tags: Celebration at Heorot Essays]
1202 words (3.4 pages)
- Happy Birthday Chase Life moves by quickly, but from the start of life to the end there are a special days where you celebrate the day of your birth. There are also particular birthdays that you show more special interest to than others. Some of which being, when you finally become a teenager, turning sixteen so you're finally able to drive, turning eighteen signifies you as an adult, turning twenty-one means you can buy alcohol, and if you're lucky enough turning a hundred means you've lived to be just plain old.... [tags: Descriptive Personal Narrative Birthday]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- Celebration of Brown vs. Board It has been fifty years since the Brown vs. Board of Education decision and the University of Illinois has honorably commemorated this event. Our task from my Rhetoric 105 class was to go out and visit an event that commemorates the Brown vs. Board decision. The first event that attracted me was the exhibit at the Krannert Art Museum called “Social Studies: Eight Artists Address Brown v Board of Education.” The eight artists that contributed work to the exhibit were Dawoud Bey, Sanford Biggers and Jennifer Zackin, Brett Cook-Dizney, Virgil Marti, Gary Simmons, Pamela Vander Zwan, and Carrie Mae Weems.... [tags: Event Race Racial]
1115 words (3.2 pages)
- Charles Dickens' The Signalman and A Birthday by Karen Mansfield A signalman is a short story written by Charles Dickens. This is a story about a signalman who is driven “mad” by the environment of his work, away from sunlight and people. But he was not alone; a supernatural ghost decides to accompany him too. He has a lot of responsibilities to shoulder. There are only two characters that really are prominent in the short story. In fact in the story, there are only about three to five characters.... [tags: Signalman Dickens Birthday Mansfield Essays]
4225 words (12.1 pages)