Drivers may argue that they are perfect or experienced for they have been driving for a longtime, but there are distractions when one is driving and texting. For example, visual (taking eyes from the road), manual (taking one or more hands off the wheel), and ment...
... middle of paper ...
...r technologies that drivers can use to communicate while driving that they do not have to hold their handset or attempeted to text. Blue tooth is one os the device which is a hand free used and a driver will not take their hand off the wheel. Then , drivers when there are passagers with them, they can as well use them to respord to their text or make a reply on their behave. Drivers needs to be educated and awreness progroms on accident avoidance should be readly available to the community facilities for people to be imformed on dangers of texting while driving.
We can all agree that we have abused our cellphone while driving and we cannot blame anyone, but we can change our ways for better future. Drivers, young and old, experienced and inexperienced lets settle the issue of texting while driving which affects all people in all walk of life in one way or another.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Texting while driving has become a very large concern over the past few years. Not only is just texting the problem, but social media has become much more popular over the years. Teens are not the only ones to blame for this problem; adults are always using their phones in the car as well. When asked about texting and driving, Carrie Freund stated, “Texting is a wonderful commodity that many of us enjoy. Nowadays you don’t have to pick up the phone, dial a number, and hope the person answers. Texting has revolutionized the way we communicate with each other.... [tags: Social medie, Technology, Driving, Accidents]
1409 words (4 pages)
- ... The text or call at times is insignificant and can wait. Furthermore, ‘texting in cars and trucks causes over 3,000 deaths and 330,000 injuries per year as stated by a Harvard Center for risk study’ (Hanson n.p.). Just imagine all the lives that could be saved from deaths or injuries if people stop texting while driving because it is a major distraction for them. There belief is that they can multitask, but the sad reality is that the brain cannot do that. The brain has to focus in a particular task at a time.... [tags: addiction to communication technology]
858 words (2.5 pages)
- There is a current social issue that is killing many people today: texting and driving. It is very tempting to immediately check your phone when it notifies you when you receive a text message. Ignoring the sound of your phone while driving is very important for safe driving. It is not only affecting one person, it also affects the area or people around you. I believe texting and driving should be illegal because there has been many accidents due to this distraction. Statistics in Parkview Trauma Centers, say that “Individuals who drive while sending or reading text messages are 23 percent more likely to be involved in a car crash than other drivers” (Don 't Text & Drive).... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, SMS]
1628 words (4.7 pages)
- In recent years, distracted driving has become a major plague that has infected our nation’s roads. Regardless of the risks, millions of people text while driving. Driving while texting or reading text messages for that matter is responsible for limitless problems. Texting while driving causes a decrease of attention once he or she looks away from the road, a distraction from the road and other motorist around them, and limited physical control over the ever changing road. Whether people believe one can safely text while driving, or just do not feel there is any danger in taking their eyes off the road does not matter.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Instant messaging]
1088 words (3.1 pages)
- Strengthening texting and driving laws Due to increasing technological innovations, many people are gradually trapping themselves in the web of cell phones. Even with primary laws in effect, drivers are tempted to text and drive on the road, and it has only brought grave consequences. According to the United States Department of Transportation, “It is estimated that drivers who text while on the road contribute to at least 100,000 collisions each year (qt. in Northwest drivers Admit). Besides causing careless accidents, intexicated drivers become a threat to society because other people’s safety is at risk.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, SMS]
2123 words (6.1 pages)
- Technologies in the ways of communications have improved greatly over the last 10 to 15 years. For years, we relied on a land line connection to house, office, stores, and phone booths to communicate with people. The commercial cell phones did not take off until more in the 1990s when people could afford the phones and service. People could communicate without the use of a land line and carry the phones with them. As technology improved, the methods of communication changed. Text messaging became a method of communication to send short messages that does not require calling up and talking to a person for longer period of time.... [tags: legal issues, text messaging]
1204 words (3.4 pages)
- What is better. Texting. Calling. Growing up in the computer age has only allowed me to complete tasks in a more convenient way. The computer age has led to the development of the cellular telephone. The cell phone (short for cellular telephone) has allowed people to communicate with people on-the-go in many ways such as calling them, or now, a very popular way, texting (short for text messaging) them. Both of these methods of communication have their short comings, and there up-brinings, but in the long run, both are effective ways of communicating with the other person.... [tags: calling, texting, methods, cell, phone]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- “Texting While Driving.” Issues & Controversies. Infobase Learning, 11 Oct. 2010. Web. 6 Apr. 2015. This article shows both sides of the “Texting While Driving “debate. The article talks about how banning texting while driving could be a good thing. It states that countless of fatal car crashes have been caused by texting motorists. It also gives information on why banning texting while driving could be a bad thing mainly because it is a law that is hard to enforce. This article does a very good job of portraying both views.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Vehicle law, Truck]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
- As the popularity of cellphones are growing, text messaging is also becoming more common within society. With the creation of new technology such as smart phones, texting has become a popular communication tool that has made life more convenient. However, with text messaging it has decreased other forms of communication such as, calling and having face-to-face conversations. During the appropriate timing, the ability to communicate in any possible forms is vital. Without those skills to engage in a conversation besides text messaging, it may be difficult to create new relationships in a business setting or personal relationships depending on the situation (Irvine).... [tags: cell phones, technology, text and driving]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- Technology is very advanced in current times. Technology makes many things really easy and fast in every field. One of the most popular products of technology is the cellphone. A cellphone is an evil and an angel in many ways. I researched about the issue, by asking, “Are laws that prohibit people from sending and reading messages while behind the wheel a good idea?” Most people would definitely say yes because it is better for everybody, not just for the driver. Texting while driving is very dangerous, not only for the driver, but also for other people who are traveling in the car.... [tags: cellphone, dangerous, drivers, traveling]
609 words (1.7 pages)