First, the reason why public has enjoyed television so long is easiness to access. Once they set up the TV, they can watch whatever channel they want with small remote controller. They don’t have to go theater or reserve tickets for watching. Only they have to do is push the small button and sit on a couch with some snack. Television has had big disadvantage at once. That was the fixed broadcasting time. Hence, if there had not more than two televisions set, someone shouldn’t have watched what he or she wanted. In these days, however, we can enjoy whenever and whatever we want because of the IPTV. “Internet Protocol television (IPTV) provides digital television service over Internet Protocol (IP) for residential and business users at a lower cost...
... middle of paper ...
...more effective learning tool, and it helps children to build words.
In conclusion, although television has lots of advantages: it is convenient to access and it is financially reasonable, there are more fatal shortcomings of TV. As many producer use sensational materials, it affects children in a negative way like they could imitate violence or sexual abuse. And tele is completely unbeneficial to children’s speech practicing. On the other hand, book has much positive effectiveness on education for children. Because they could get much accurate information and they could improve vocabulary ability while they are reading. Hence, in my opinion, children should spend more time to read book rather than watching television. Reading is much adjuvant means for youngster’s schooling. If they build great store of knowledge, those would show great intangible asset in some days
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It is an undeniable fact that, television acts as a very powerful tool of controlling our mind. Since the television first appeared in the early 20th century, it has impacted people's lives for many generations. The information that we obtain from various TV programs impinges on our individualities in some way. Namely television has become the most powerful tool which can insensibly convert the manner in which viewers think and experience. When the television is becoming a part of social culture, people are unwittingly get stuck and spend more spare time on watching TV.... [tags: Tool, Controlling Mind, Information, Generations]
1135 words (3.2 pages)
- Television Can Accomplish Education Through TV Problems with kids and television have existed since the invention of this media instrument. For example, parents are concerned with the number of hours children spend in front of the television, as well as the amount of violence represented in different programs. Most important, parents are speculating as to what educational value TV actually has. People have always wondered about effects television could have on individuals. By the late 1980 s, an increasingly deregulated broadcasting industry had achieved some powerful victories over education.... [tags: Papers]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- In our society entertainment has become an immense part of our daily lives. We spend extensive periods of time watching TV, which in general has become a habit for many individuals, and a necessity for others. In the article Television as teacher by Neil Postman he argues that television does not help us learn what is necessary for further education, and that it shouldn’t be utilized as a main learning tool because it undermines the techniques applied in teaching centers. Some of these technics are obtaining a previous education before practicing the advanced learning, paying attention to the material being provided, and retaining the information given for future references.... [tags: Television, Education, Ten Commandments]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- Thesis: Anime, frequently seen on television channels, is an alternative medium of learning of prosocial behavior and aggression reduction, provided that parents supervised their watching to prevent obesity, aggression and social stereotyping. Montessori said that at the age of children of three to six years old, Children acquired learning on their conscious choice. This process of learning is called, the period of conscious work. Montessori also added that at this point of their life, they have longer attention span, starves for more knowledge, and learn more quickly and effectively.... [tags: prosocial behavior, conscious work, children]
1906 words (5.4 pages)
- Introduction Television is the most popular electronic appliance in the world. Being the most popular electronic appliance, it has had great impacts to many individuals in society. Television viewing comes with a myriad of positive effects of television. However, it has a number of negative effects especially in children that are of concern to society. Television viewing can have effects on people’s behavior. It also has a number of impacts in the fields of education, morals and health. Television viewing plays a great role in socialising children.... [tags: Television]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- Media: Ross stores primarily focus on television advertisements as stated in their 10-k report for the past five years “this strategy reflects our belief that television is the most efficient and cost effective medium for communicating our brand position” (Commision, 2015). With television advertisement Ross is able to target audiences during prime hours such as “Fox television network ‘TMZ’ show which has a large viewing audience, commercials are placed on many other network channels such as ‘ABC’ during the show ‘Jeopardy’ and ‘NBC 's’ show ‘Laura McKenzie traveler’” (Ross TV commercials, 2016).... [tags: Infomercial, Television advertisement]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- Television Anytime there is a story that involves traffic accidents, television is a very effective medium because it can help convey the emotion that people impacted would have experienced to the viewers. Also, television coverage is a great way to educate people about how to be safe at stop lights/in cars in general. With that being said, the story needs to focus on capturing strong images and sounds that invoke emotion. Also, adding an interview from a reputable source, it can bring comfort to viewers that the information they are receiving is true.... [tags: Traffic light, Traffic, Road transport]
1636 words (4.7 pages)
- Television is the main if not most influential medium in today’s modern society. Television began to expand in the 1950’s. It is impossible to simply say that television is good or simply turning the other direction and say it is bad for children. Television contains good as well as bad information in which it transmits to our children. Watching TV is one of the most important hobbies in the lives of a children or an adolescent. Practically in all the homes, regardless of the social level, a television is always present in which it replaces the maternal presence sometimes.... [tags: influential medium, modern society]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- Technology can either enable or restrict, depending on the context. This duality results from technology acting as a medium of social practices. For instance, teachers must manage not only classroom control, but also the ethical implications of technology and the moral hazards. Those hazards include not only plagiarism and threats, but also external circumstances which take students’ attention away from the lesson. Teachers must be concerned about customizing technology for students with various racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and personal circumstances.... [tags: Education, Learning, Educational psychology]
783 words (2.2 pages)
- Once a week or so I will send a friend a text message asking, “What are you doing?” and just about every time, their reply is “Watching TV.” Clearly these people lead boring lives and need to get out more, but are they actually watching TV. What do they even mean by that. It is possible they are using a television set, but what is on it. Netflix, a movie, YouTube, illegal streaming, all of these are able to be displayed within the frame of a television appliance, but one could also find all of these on their smart phone as well.... [tags: Television, Television program, Television set]
1106 words (3.2 pages)