When it comes to Networking and providing internet as a service, availability and performance are required. With FCAPS model of NMS, this ensures that the uptime and performance are always giving their full potential. FCAPS set the requirement of how their network should be modeled after. The networks downtime must be put to a minimum to ensure an avoidance of revenue loss. If the network is down, work can’t be done, revenue will be loss, and companies will be in trouble.
There are five management categories that make up the FCAPS. The first is Fault Management. Fault Management’s role is to identify, quarantine, and correct network log faults. The network faults can be monitored and observed by looking for abnormal behavior. If and when a fault occurs on the network, a component within the network sends a notification or an alarm to the network administrator or engineer by using a protocol called SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol). SNMP collects the fault information and sends it to the console server. Information on Fault logs can be used statistically to determine the service level of network elements. The information used can also determine if there are any insubstantial network components that may require future attention. This is to ensure that the network downtime is minimized. When a notification or alarm is present it only shows the symptoms of the issue. Troubleshooting is ...
... middle of paper ...
...This management’s main purpose is to control the access to the network. Its security can be attained by authentication, authorization, and encryption. This management also gathers security information and analyzes it frequently. With Security management in place, all users, external and internal, only have access to the appropriate resources on the network. Not only does this management manage all users but also non users. It watches and protects from malicious attacks such as hackers, DoS attack, malware, and viruses. It does this by monitoring the traffic goes in and out of the network looking for any suspicious packets.
These are the five categories of FCAPS and a description of what their responsibilities are. These are what makes the FCAPS a NMS and what makes the network reliable and secure. This is the base line of how networks should be run and operated.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Assigning the precise amount of network capacity in the right place at the right time is no simple task. Network Planners cannot afford to overbuild, as this would consume scarce investment resources that could be better used elsewhere. They also cannot delay expansion as this may result in poor service to customers and under-utilize other network assets. A balanced approach is needed in order to meet the rapidly growing and changing traffic demands. Advanced network planning and design software provides benefit to network planners in the following ways: 1) Advanced Network Planning provisions effective utilization of all network resources affecting network capacity, including both physical... [tags: Implementation, Design, Computer network]
1374 words (3.9 pages)
- 1.1. – Background of Telecommunication Industry What is telecommunication industry all about. A telecommunication industry is a sector, which works under Information and communication technology. The telecommunication sector comprises companies that make communication possible across globally through mobile devices, internet, telephone line, etc. A Telecommunication industry includes mobile companies, service providers, companies that make hardware, software, cable wires, wireless operators, satellite companies.... [tags: Computer network, 4G, Telecommunication]
714 words (2 pages)
- Network Management and Optimization Proposal This is a proposal for network management and optimization. The network has grown rapidly, and the company has not completed proper documentation and policies. This proposal includes required documentation; network monitoring, event logging, and maps; data backup; and network optimization. Documentation In order to maintain, troubleshoot, and prevent network outages, network administrators need to refer to documentation. Required documentation includes network diagrams, wiring schematics, policies, procedures, configurations, baselines, and change logs.... [tags: network outages, network administrators]
1631 words (4.7 pages)
- According to data from Gartner, there will be 6.4 billion connected "things" by the end of 2016, and this figure will rise to 20.8 billion by 2020. These "things" are essentially Internet-connected devices including cars, fridges, washing machines, home security systems and wearable technology, as well as health and physical activity trackers. Additionally, the IoT industry could generate $4.6 trillion for the public sector and $14.4 trillion for the private sector over the next ten years. This is according to research done by Cisco Systems.... [tags: Mobile phone, GSM, Cell site, Cellular network]
701 words (2 pages)
- In the following report I will discuss the role of network management and how the network manager contributes to the network security of an organisation. Network security will be discussed in full to inform on how big of an impact network attacks can have on an organisation. Once the impact of network security has been covered I will go through all possible threats that can harm an organisation and the steps network managers should go through to secure a network to the best of their ability. The importance of network tools will be introduced last along with benefits they can provide.... [tags: Technology, Network Security]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- The Basics of Network Management In the computer world, networks are the primary means of inter-computer communications. The building and maintenance of a network is the responsibility of the network manager. The network manager must have the expertise to design and implement an appropriate network for his client. The proper design of a network is based on more than a few principles. However, the job of the network manager encompasses more than simply building a useable network, although that is the end result.... [tags: Networks Telecommunications]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- IT Management When you are talking about IT management, there are a wide range of topics. IT can be the computers, software, network, data, marketing, and many more to list. IT has become a huge part of business management with the growth of the field. Using IT not only can help with the benefits of the company, but also with the expansion of a company. It is very important for higher levels of a company to be on board and ready to intertwine IT with the business model and strategic planning. These days without IT, business would be a huge challenge to become successful and compete in the area of projection.... [tags: computers, software, network, data]
1489 words (4.3 pages)
- Bead Bar Network The Bead Bar is a growing enterprise that is seeking a greater level of operations through their network. They need a network design that will allow them to branch out and be more effective in their day-to-day transactions. So now, I have to look at the different components that exist in their system, transmission types, software, topologies, architecture, and pro and cons of the recommended network. Bead Bar is a company that allows customers to design their own jewelry, with the use of beads, strings, and wires.... [tags: Networks Telecommunications]
1389 words (4 pages)
- ABSTRACT : This paper describes the basic threats to the network security and the basic issues of interest for designing a secure network. it describes the important aspects of network security. A secure network is one which is free of unauthorized entries and hackers INTRODUCTION Over the past few years, Internet-enabled business, or e-business, has drastically improved efficiency and revenue growth. E-business applications such as e-commerce, supply-chain management, and remote access allow companies to streamline processes, lower operating costs, and increase customer satisfaction.... [tags: Networks Telecommunications]
1526 words (4.4 pages)
- SOFTWARE A set of instructions that directs a computer's hardware to perform a task is called a program, or software program. Software comprises the entire set of programs, procedures, and routines associated with the operation of a computer system. The two main types of software are system software and application software. System software controls a computer's internal functioning, chiefly through an operating system , and also controls such peripherals as monitors, printers, and storage devices.... [tags: Computer Technology Software]
1664 words (4.8 pages)