It’s not uncommon for popular teen magazines to blast young girls on how to be “sexy” or “hot” while promoting a virginal ideal image of celebrities or models. In the latest issue of Seventeen Magazine, they promote this issue as being the “ultimate party issue of this season. Although they have Miley Cyrus, a famous teen star, on the cover portraying a good ideal teen image for younger girls. This celebrity is seen by many young girls as being beautiful and talented. However, on the side of her picture there is a side title that would allow readers to “steal her style” and “her love advise”. Right below that there is a title, in cased by brackets on tricks for kissing that boys will love. On the inside cover there is a brief table of contents that will ...
... middle of paper ...
...is magazine would rise if Seventeen were to have a few pages dedicated to teenage questions. Other than these few simple changes, I believe that this magazine is all around great for young teenage girls.
So the question is should we as a society be worried about these bright colored, boy obsessed, trendy fashion loving teen girl magazines or not? The answer for Seventeen magazine is no. Young girls look up to older women for advice on everything, and these magazine are no different. They provide an outside source to help girls with everyday drama. Like what hair do’s are in, what do boys really like, and where they can buy clothes that resemble their favorite pop stars. These magazine are harmless and in some way are a right of passage for young girls. Whether people approve of these magazines or not they will always be there for young teen girls browse through.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Creating a Teenage Magazine My design brief for this project was to create a teenage magazine to include the front cover, a double page spread and one other page of your choice. The magazine must have a clear target audience within the age of 13-19 containing at least 3 orignal image . I will be assessed on these three components which are planning (30 marks), construction ( 60 marks) and a production report ( 30 marks). it will be appealing towards a mass audience. At an early stage I was carefully looking at the whole projects created by other students in the past to give me an idea of what sort of project is all about.... [tags: Papers]
2542 words (7.3 pages)
- Designing a New Magazine Aimed at Teenage Boys I was briefed to design a new magazine aimed at teenage boys, as they are a notoriously hard group to target. They have a disposable income and so are very appealing to advertisers combine this with the fact that they are a seemingly impossible group to widely reach to they are a golden fleece to advertisers. There are very few magazines aimed exclusively at the teenage boys age group, as they do not buy general interest magazines, and are more likely to just buy magazines about their hobbies like bikes, movies etc.... [tags: Papers]
581 words (1.7 pages)
- Around every corner, there seems to be an advertisement for various products on the market. Whether it is a television commercial, radio commercial, internet advertisement, magazine advertisement, or billboard, advertisements are everywhere. Each advertisement is selling a supposed “new and improved” product designed for all of the different wants and needs of the people who populate this world. The products being sold differ from unnecessary desires, to items that are essential for living. For example, clothing is an essential for living, but the bigger majority of the population cannot afford to purchase top-notch brand names.... [tags: advertisement, vogue magazine]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- Skinny, blonde and beautiful. Perfect. This is the message the media gives out. You open up a magazine and see images of perfect, airbrushed, stick thin women. In television adverts the women are bright smiled, big haired and flawless. So are these women idols for young girls. Are they the stereotype. Even the majority of teen flicks use the modelesque young actresses. Is this right. However, 2007s Juno was a different story. Quirky, witty, Juno (Ellen Page) was a not so stereotypical American, 16 year old girl.... [tags: Teenage Pregnancy, Juno, ]
904 words (2.6 pages)
- Being in America, we often hear about the increasingly high teenage pregnancy rates. People constantly tell us that getting pregnant at a young age is bad, but we don’t always hear about the true consequences that one can face when carrying a child so young. Yet we still just sit and wonder why teenage pregnancy rates continue to rise. Our lack of knowledge about the issue and our resistance to reach out to those going through this can create ongoing generations of teen pregnancies. Therefore, it is important to make an effort to get more knowledge about the lives of teenage moms and the specific problems that they may face in order to help these moms, and youths of generations to come.... [tags: Teenage pregnancy, Pregnancy, Adolescence]
1403 words (4 pages)
- Teenage Suicide in Death by Landscape Margaret Atwood is the Canadian author of "Death by Landscape" which is a short story pulled from her novel, Wilderness Tips. This story highlights a huge problem in today's society, teenage suicide. Wilderness Tips was published in 1991, which is during the time of suicide "clusters" in the teenage population. These so called clusters began in the late 80's. Some experts indicate that suicide has always been a problem but was never seriously acknowledged until the late 1980's.... [tags: Teenage Suicide Essays]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- Every year thousands of youth in the United States die, not by car accidents or diseases, but by their own hands. Every 90 seconds a teenager commits suicide. Suicide is the third leading cause of death among 15 to 25 year olds. Suicide accounts for 12 percent of the mortality in the adolescent and young adult group. Males are more likely than females to follow through with suicide. For every successful suicide there are fifty to one hundred adolescent suicide attempts. More than five percent of all teenagers try to commit suicide.... [tags: Teenage Suicide Essays]
534 words (1.5 pages)
- The Content and Presentation of Teenage Magazines Analyse and comment on the content and presentation, and the advertising of the Summer 2004 issue of Elle Girl magazine. Examine the relationship between features and the advertising in the magazine and consider in particular how this magazine tries to persuade young women to buy fashion and beauty products. Elle Girl is a magazine aimed at young teenage girls. It contains fashion tips, general life advice and articles about celebrities.... [tags: Papers]
1603 words (4.6 pages)
- Magazines offer many opportunities for teenagers to consider and investigate their sexuality. In particular, sexuality advices and stories in magazines enables teenagers to understand personal sexual issues or problems that they might be having in a healthier light. Post-feminism attitudes have become very popular in teenage magazines for both male and female readers, this is partly because prior to the feminism movement women were never seen as having much sexual desire for men and women generally didn’t feel comfortable expressing their sexual attributes or sexuality.... [tags: contributing to safe sex messages]
1476 words (4.2 pages)
- Upon entering the magazine aisle at the local grocery store, one is overwhelmed with hoards of publications targeted at every type of person imaginable—outdoorsmen, homemakers, car-lovers, and the list goes on. In the rows and rows of these diverse magazines, lays one meant just for teenage girls. Seventeen magazine entices girls aged 13 to 18 with fun, colorful fonts and widely-known cover models in trendy clothing. On one of the magazine covers alone, Seventeen promises to teach girls how to own their school year, amp up their confidence, and get their parents to chill, all while giving them the chance to win a 1,000 dollar fashion haul.... [tags: Cosmetics, Advertising, Lip gloss, Lipstick]
1011 words (2.9 pages)