Today, our world is filled with food. While some are healthy, it seems like teenagers are more focused on the unhealthy foods. Yes, there are athletic programs; teens are still not eating the right foods they should be. They get the simple, easy to depend on, low cost foods which most likely are from fast food restaurants. Teenagers often pick the easy choice, which is why the obesity rate is rising in our state, including heart attacks and diabetes. Even though it seems like the unhealthy choices are more dependent when you’re in a rush and need a quick bite to eat, not caring about the nutrition, teenagers don’t realize that it will affect them in the long run, literally.
Teenagers often stress on foods, what nutrition to take in, on what to eat, or what’s easy. While you may say, “Oh, fast food restaurants are very easy and quick!” A healthier solution would be to make a quick snack at home using healthy foods like fruits, vegetables, and grains. “That should make up ¾ of every meal. These are also your dietary staples” (Jensen). Now while those ar...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Other than foods, liquid is also needed in your daily life. Water is the best choice, taking a bottle to school and sipping on his throughout the day actually will help you stay hydrated (Jensen). Now this may sound obvious, but energy drinks like Gatorade or PowerAde can affect your body. An unhealthy nutrition for a teenager includes a lot of things, but perhaps some daily things you drink or eat don’t seem as healthy as they seem. As I was saying about Gatorade and PowerAde, it may commercially seem like it can benefit you in whatever sport you do, it doesn’t really actually help.... [tags: Gatorade or PowerAde]
575 words (1.6 pages)
- ... A 2007 Center for Disease Control study found less than one in to teens consume the minimum suggested amount of vitamins, fruits, and vegetables a day (Kolodziejski, Media). A healthy choice of nutrition every day is recommended for perfect growth, develop, and future. In contrast, eating unhealthy foods is a major “tradition” in today’s world. Many teens are too busy to take the time to look “deeper” into what they actually are eating. Too many teens aren’t getting enough nutrition but are getting plenty of sugar, sodas, fries, chips and nonnutritive, high calorie snack foods (Cavadini, Siega-Riz, and Popkin).... [tags: eating healthy, vitamins, minerals]
593 words (1.7 pages)
- In order to perform at peak potential an athlete must fuel their body with nutritious foods. Proteins, carbohydrates, fruits and vegetables; these three-core food groups fuel a winning athlete. Proteins help build, teeth, bones and muscles, and create enzymes, red blood cells, long-term energy, as well, boost the immune system. Its functions are the most diverse of any food group. Protein consists of combinations of structures called amino acids that combine in various ways to make muscles, bone and tissues.... [tags: Free Essays]
401 words (1.1 pages)
- The world of foods and nutrition has changed dramatically in recent years. It used to be eggs, red meat and whole milk, but now many doctors recommend leafy green vegetables, fruits, beans and whole grains. The old way has gotten many people into trouble. Heart disease, Cancer, and other problems have become an epidemic. That’s why nutrition is so important. Many children are struggling with weight and many have artery damage. Its hard to turn on a television program without being assaulted by endless commercials for fast food.... [tags: Nutrition]
447 words (1.3 pages)
- Nutrition is the relationship of foods to the health of the human body . Proper nutrition means that you are receiving enough foods and supplements for the body to function at optimal capacity. It is important to remember that no single nutrient or activity can maintain optimal health and well being, although it has been proven that some nutrients are more important than others. Nutrition plays a critical role in athletic performance, but many active people do not eat a diet that helps them do their best.... [tags: Health Nutrition Pyramid Diet]
3612 words (10.3 pages)
- During adolescence there is a high susceptibility to nutritional deficiencies and poor eating habits. This may lead to problems later on in life such as osteoporosis, obesity, hyperlipedemia, sexual maturation delays, and final adult height. The development of eating disorders is also prominent during this time. Adolescents require extra nutrients due to a growth spurt, which girls experience during the ages of 10 or 11, reaches its peak at age 12 and is completed by about age 15. In boys, it begins at 12 or 13 years of age, peaks at age 14 and ends by about age 19.... [tags: Health Nutrition Pyramid Diet]
637 words (1.8 pages)
- Table of Contents Nutrition Therapy 1 Nutrition Consult 1 Meal planning 2 Body Weight Considerations 2 Psychosocial support. 3 Calorie Intake 4 Nutrient Composition of the Diet 4 Fat Intake 5 Carbohydrate Intake 6 Sucrose 6 Fructose 6 Vitamins and Minerals 7 Alcohol Intake 7 References 8 Nutrition Therapy The most fundamental component of the diabetes treatment plan for all patients with type II diabetes is medical nutrition therapy.... [tags: Health Nutrition Pyramid Diet]
2616 words (7.5 pages)
- Nutrition If you go into any gym in the world and randomly ask 100 people to pinpoint the most important thing for achieving success in bodybuilding and fitness, you'd probably get just as many different answers. Most replies, however, would involve various training programs or styles. As important as training is, nutrition plays an equally large role — your diet is almost always responsible for either success or failure in bodybuilding and virtually any fitness program. Here I'll present a basic nutrition program that includes some key tips on nutritional timing, metabolic enhancement and preferred food and supplement choices.... [tags: Health Nutrition Pyramid Diet]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- Nutrition is an important issue in my life for many reasons. The most important being my major, dental hygiene. I’ve taken a couple nutrition courses already. I also simply care for the fact that what we eat is associated with our health and how long we may live. Before I went to the website I didn’t expect to see many healthy benefits to eating McDonalds so I guess I was prepared. It said that McDonald’s food is linked to serious diseases because of the high fat and low fiber content. I know from my nutrition classes in the past that a low fiber diet is linked obesity, diabetes, arteriosclerosis, colon cancer, and many more things.... [tags: Health Nutrition Pyramid Diet]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- Nutrition Paper When I first began this project I thought the 7 day eating log was going to be a waste of time, but now that have completed it I realize that it is actually very beneficial. I never realized how bad I was eating until I took a step back and looked at it. This has greatly impacted me to change my eating habits, and start to chose healthier foods. Something I learned about myself is that I have a lack of will power when it comes to certain types of candy or food. I saw ice cream come up more than once on the list, which isn’t very healthy.... [tags: Health Nutrition Pyramid Diet]
525 words (1.5 pages)