Wring, wring, wringing them between each other, trying to massage the blood from his skin, from the caked up red in every nail bed. Every fidget, every shuffle felt like he was exacerbating the situation. Inhale, exhale. This wasn’t a lacrosse game. This wasn’t Scott crawling home embarrassed and bloody from his fledgling lycanthropy’s accidental rabbit massacre. This was serious, and he couldn’t focus.
Stiles willed himself to pick up his feet to tread in the direction of the window in his dormitory room, only to circle back and wear down the floor one more invisible increment into the track he’d been pacing for the latter part of an hour. He pulled out his cellphone like clockwork, paling in the glow of the LCD, casting a glance between the device and the heaving pile on his bed, intermittently frowning at his empty inbox.
It had been months since he left for college, months since he’d been accepted, months since he left Beacon Hills and the memories of a past war zone he’d all but abandoned there. He thought he’d pushed himself...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Scott furrowed his brows and jutted his lips in a childish pout, something even a werewolf disposition couldn’t shake out of him. “Whatever dude. Don’t even know why you’re burying em,” Scott brooded, leafing through the pages of Lycanthropy and You before something caught his eye and he started smiling with amusement at one of the pages. Stiles paused to wipe the sweat from his brow once the hole seemed deep enough, slinging his elbow to rest on the wooden handle for a moment to admire his handiwork.... [tags: werewolf, rabbit, breath]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- He wasn’t sure how long he was asleep but the moon was still high and bright, inhaling the sweet stale smell of the rotten earth below him, stretching his palms outward above his head, feeling the rough touch of leather beneath his out stretched fing ... ers .... wait. “Oh my GOD,” he practically shouted, eyes flicking wide, scrambling up and away from the pair of feet standing just above his head. His gut was wrenched in terror. He should fucking know better than to fall asleep in the woods with crazy shit running around like, like kanimas and ghouls and werecreatures and Derek Hales and ...... [tags: asleep, creatures, hands]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- Teen Wolf is a television show on MTV, and is about how Scott McCall went from zero to lacrosse co-captain after getting bit by a werewolf and turning into one. Now, him and his friends try to protect everyone from the other supernatural beings they encounter. The audience of Teen Wolf is making the show prominent among other television shows with its action scenes and content of the television show, Carl Jung’s character archetypes of the ideal hero, the sidekick/ally, the caregiver, the mentor, the hunter, and the villain affect the characters’ actions.... [tags: teen wolf, mtv, tv show, scott, mccall]
1353 words (3.9 pages)
- ... Being put down a lot I turn to hope, which consider being music. During my depression years of being with bullying, low self –conscious; I discover three truly awesome, even creative artists who influence me. Those artists we’re Grace Jones, Tyler, the Creator, and Erykah badu. You might be wondering why this happened to her. It’s a small town who knew people there was different. Let’s just I enjoy being myself, expressing, ideas and thinking outside of boxes. I haven’t always lived in Ahoskie, North Carolina; I’m originally from Long Island, New York; Parents from the Caribbean island.... [tags: Self-Esteem, Depression, Teen]
565 words (1.6 pages)
- Ever wondered how the classic Romeo and Juliet would turn out if their families just agreed to meet over a cup of coffee and talk about Juliet and her Romeo. Would their tragic death could have been avoided. Would there have been a happily ever after. While Romeo and Juliet is a story of two star-crossed lovers whose deaths bring their families together, Taylor Swift’s song “Love Story”, gives a faint idea of how it would have turned out if Romeo and Juliet’s families acknowledged their love. “Love Story” is a narrative video, starring Taylor Swift as the lovely Juliet and Justin Gaston as Romeo, in a somewhat modern setting of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet.... [tags: Romeo and Juliet, Taylor Swift, Love Story]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- I decided to write this in pencil, knowing it would have to be transcribed onto a computer later because it seemed natural. I forgot how easy they are to use when time has given me so much technology, time has given me a computer. Natural seems the most appropriate thing to do when referencing a story about love. Love is something ironically so cliché and so important that I always take it for granted, like this beautiful piece of yellow painted wood with a small number two engraved into it. Like love, when using a pencil sometimes mistakes are made, but the eraser like time doesn’t fully cover them up ever.... [tags: A Story About Love]
763 words (2.2 pages)
- The Power of The Sea-Wolf Jack London’s novel, The Sea-Wolf, has many different interpretations. The story can be read as a combination of the naturalistic novel and the sentimental romance, both very popular around the turn of the century. London also brings into play literary naturalism, in which human beings are characterized as just another species in nature, subject to all of Her cosmic forces. The Sea-Wolf fits almost perfectly the archetypal pattern of an initiation story. Depth and interest are added to The Sea-Wolf by successfully integrating these three elements -- the combination of two popular genres, literary naturalism, and the initiation story.... [tags: Sea-Wolf Essays]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- Sea Wolf Wolf Larsen was a character in the book who never made it all the way through the book, but he tried very hard. He was a very strong, brutal man with almost no respect for human life. With all the people in the world, one dead person meant nothing to him. He was a patient man and usually kept himself under control. He was surprisingly smart and thoughtful for a pirate who lives on the sea. He loved the sea and knew many things about it, such as how to outwit his brother when he came near Wolf's boat.... [tags: Sea Wolf Essays]
580 words (1.7 pages)
- Transformation of Humphrey Van Weyden in Jack London’s The Sea Wolf Jack London’s The Sea Wolf is in some ways a philosophical text and a product of its time. The strain it puts on the reader between a social Darwinist and utilitarian perspective against that of a more idealistic one is great. Many times the character of Wolf Larsen is a more consistent articulator of the Darwinian position and seems to always be getting the upper hand argumentatively. However, it is due to a phenomenological outlook on the events presented within The Sea Wolf that the alternative becomes intelligible.... [tags: Sea Wolf]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- The Love Story Some of the elements in the love story have changed over time. In the ancient world and during the Middle Ages, love stories did not have happy endings, and they focused on love outside of social and economic status. This was an innovation at that time, because most marriages were arranged and the partners were of the same social class. Beginning in the late Middle Ages and the Renaissance, love stories began to have happy endings, because marriage was coming to be rooted in feelings of truelove and couples came together by personal choice.... [tags: Love Stories Romance Essays]
1309 words (3.7 pages)