Before any explanation, let’s talk about what cause teen pregnancy in Latino/ Hispanic group. In fact, a majority of undocumented immigrants (57%) come from Mexico and 24% are from Latino America. Between them, 35% are young women and 15% are children because children born in the United States are granted citizenship by the 14thAmendment of the US constitution (PewHispanic.com). So, because of this Amendment we understand clearly why many children living in families headed by undocumented Hispanic and Latino....
... middle of paper ...
"Facts on American Teens' Sexual and Reproductive Health." Facts on American Teens' Sexual and Reproductive Health. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 Jan. 2014.
Domenico, Desirae M., Ph.D, and Karen H. Jones. "ERIC - Education Resources Information Center." Education Resources Information Center. N.p., Fall 2007. Web. 26 Dec. 2013.
Kempner, Martha. "Poverty Causes Teen Parenting, Not the Other Way Around." Web log post. RH Reality Check. N.p., 29 Apr. 2013. Web. 26 Dec. 2013.
Langham, Ph.D., R. Y. "What Are the Causes of Teenage Pregnancy?" livestrong.com. N.p., 16 Aug. 2013. Web. 26 Dec. 2013.
Reimer, Susan. "Case Closed: Teen Pregnancy Is Poverty's Offspring." Baltimore Sun. N.p., 16 Apr. 2012. Web. 26 Dec. 2013.
Solomon-Fears, Carmen. "Federation of American Scientists." Federation of American Scientists. N.p., 19 June 2013. Web. 26 Dec. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Teen Pregnancy Teen pregnancy is a major issue in society today. In 2010, an estimated 614,400 U.S. teenagers became pregnant, approximately 89,300 had miscarriages, and 157,500 had legal abortions. Teens are having unprotected sex without knowing the consequences of the choices that the are making. Teens believe that sex is something new that they can try, so they can be popular like their peers. These accusations are wrong, having unprotected sex has major consequences, and by having unprotected sex these teens could be changing their lives forever.... [tags: Teenage pregnancy, Pregnancy, Abortion]
1506 words (4.3 pages)
- The problem with teenage pregnancy is it requires intervention from society. This debate is from the perspective of teens, and absent from the medical, ethical, and political views on teen pregnancy. According to Jewell, Tacchi, & Donovan, (2000), teen pregnancy is not a problem for teens themselves but more of a problem for society. The large numbers of unintended pregnancies are among unmarried teens. A number of teens do not want to become pregnant, although some are not opposed and other has ambivalent attitudes (Bruckner, Martin, & Bearman, 2004, p.... [tags: risk factors, health care programs]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- School Bus Pregnancies It is hard enough for many students to get through their high school careers in one piece with little to no added hardships. Imagine being a pregnant teen trying to graduate and get their high school diploma, on top of the trials of becoming a mother. It may be a challenge, but many young, pregnant ladies have shown that getting their degree is a challenge they are willing to take. As teenagers, in most scenarios, these future moms should still be expected to behave as teenagers behave.... [tags: Teen Pregnancies, History]
1878 words (5.4 pages)
- In the United States today, many teenage girls are facing lots of problems. New problems are rising such as an increased pregnancy rate among teenagers. Our teenage girls are less developed and unprepared for the problems which come along with their decision to have sex. It is also too early for teenage girls to become pregnant. Many teens think having a baby is some sort of joke. They believe it will never happen to them but the reality is that every time teens have sex, there is a possibility that the sperm will find its way to the egg if they do not get protection.... [tags: teen pregnancy, argumentative, persuasive]
889 words (2.5 pages)
- The term Hispanic is used to describe Spanish speaking natives. Spanish is one of the fastest expanding languages in the world and accounts for 21 different countries as their official language. About half of Hispanics originate in Mexico, and there is a lot diversity within the 21 Hispanics countries, therefore even their own traditions and heritages will be specific to them. It is also important to remember that most Hispanics do not like to be referred to as Hispanic but instead from where they reside; for example, Mexican American and Puerto Rican.... [tags: Spanish language, Hispanic and Latino Americans]
1564 words (4.5 pages)
- Even though some people say shows such as ’16 and pregnant’ and ‘Teen Mom’ glamorize teen pregnancies, the rate of teen births have dropped even more since the television shows have aired in 2009. The shows show the challenges and struggles that come with getting pregnant at a young age, while still juggling high school. Between 1991 and 2008 teen pregnancy was dropping 2.5 % per year. Between 2010 and 2014 the rate has been dropping 7.5 % per year, and increasing. One in six 15 year old females will give birth by her 20th birthday.... [tags: Teenage pregnancy, Pregnancy, Adolescence]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Negative incrimination regarding teen pregnancies are a modern perception. Before the 20th century, it was considered a norm for many women to conceive children slightly after onset of menses. As well as the obvious: they did not possess the contraceptives like there is in today’s time. It was just the ‘normal’ thing to do. Generally, the role of the young women (once they were able to produce offspring) was to find their husband and begin a family. The ages of these girls ranged from 13 to 18. The women would marry a slightly older man; usually, the men’s ages ranged from later teens (17, 18, 19) to the 20’s.... [tags: Pregnancy, Adolescence, Teenage pregnancy]
1157 words (3.3 pages)
- Sex is a very common topic, yet very sensitive when it comes to teens. There are many ways that teens can obtain the wrong information about sex and its consequences. The old myths and misconceptions are the culprits of most teen pregnancies and the spread of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). It is through sex education that many teen pregnancies and STDs can be avoided. Teens need to be informed about sex and its consequences by professionals. Comprehensive sex education in schools should be available or even mandatory for all teens.... [tags: Sex education, Human sexual behavior]
2011 words (5.7 pages)
- Sex Education The percentage of teen pregnancies is alarming. So many young girls are getting pregnant at a young age. With all this commotion going on, parents need to be more involved with their children 's life. Reason why parents need to talk about sex with their children at the age of 12. Talking about sex and sexuality in early childhood is excellent parenting. Children need to know what sex is and it causes several problems if they were to have sex too early. Talking to children about sex is never easy or comfortable.... [tags: Human sexual behavior, Human sexuality, Pregnancy]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- Introduction For many companies, marketing to the Hispanic community has proven to be very challenging. Sonic drive-in is one of these companies that are currently exploring the ways to target this group. Problem Because there are so many different cultures within the Hispanic community, researchers have found it very difficult to target this group as a whole. Many companies don’t believe Latino’s to be a viable target and they don’t want to spend the time or money trying to research this community.... [tags: Target market Advertising]
1317 words (3.8 pages)