There is no doubt that mobile phone has become one of the most important part in people’s daily life. People use it to read the news, pay the bill, and share the interest… Every time when people talking about mobile phones, they hold different opinions, some of them think it’s really convenient to use cell phones, while others think it makes people separate from the real world. In fact, many people enjoy using their phone, but at the same time they are complaining that mobile phone have took their privacy and the freedom away. However, mobile phone is invented to be convenient, it is impossible to let people stop using their phone…The cell phone technology makes people get closer to each other, it can be helpful to people’s jobs or school. It is not only a good friend in class, but also a good partner at work. Moreover, apps encourage people to explore the world.
When people think about the change in daily life, they often think about science and technology. The article from Progressive Grocer, “Recession or not, for good reason there’s no shortage of innovation in the mobile media industry.” (Progressive). The technology of cell phone, in contrast, is an invention of modern world to help people communicate with each other and do self management, rather than make people get cyber addition or lost themselves. According to the research by Ildikó Dén‐Nagy, an economist and sociologist “out of the world’s estimated 7billion people, 6 billion have access to cell phones, which represent a rate of pen-etration of eighty-five percent of the population of the planet as a whole.” (Dén‐Nagy, 193). It shows that mobile phones have become a device suits people’s need. Also, if people broaden their mind and really t...
... middle of paper ...
...asier with a cell phone. While it is true that, mobile phone takes some people’s time and energy away, it doesn’t necessarily means every one is addicted to their phones. From this point, cell phone is not only a devise that link people to the world, but also a friend in people’s life.
To sum up, It’s hard to tell whether mobile phones is good or not, it just about how people use their phone. Some people really make good use of it, so that they can find the value inside their phone. Mobile phone changed people’s lifestyle and habit, it makes communication become less distant. Cell phone helps student find interest in study, and makes people feel more flexible at job. Different Apps let the world smaller, more open, and more visible. Using cell phone have it own risk and benefit, however, if one really use it properly it can make a balance between life and cell phone.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Technology has been a part of Americans’ lives for several years and continues to improve. It has given society an easier way to communicate with family and friends with one simple device, the cell phone. A cellular phone is the most common type of technology used by all groups of people including parents, teenagers, and even young children. The number of people who own a cell phone also continues to increase, causing a huge distraction on society. Cell phones seem to own a person as they depend on their phone for almost everything.... [tags: communication, smart phone, apps]
1421 words (4.1 pages)
- An Analysis of Cell Phone Technology, Security, and Individual Rights In this technology driven era, I question what effect cell phones are having on our lives as American citizens. To investigate this, I read two articles. The first reading was “Mobile Phone Tracking Scrutinized” by Nikki Swartz originally published in the Information Management Journal for March/April 2006, and the second reading was “Reach out and Track Someone” by Terry J. Allen, originally published by In These Times on May 15, 2006.... [tags: Technology]
1050 words (3 pages)
- Technology is prevalent in today’s society and functions in many aspects of basic daily routines. With cell phones, drones, artificial intelligence and even social media platforms, the world is thriving in the digital age. Although technology provides a seemingly infinite number of accommodations to simplify basic human life, it also presents an array of new challenges. As a technology driven society, individuals are inundated with technology around every corner with no escape. The major contributing culprit of intrusive pieces of technology includes the modern cell phone.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, SMS]
819 words (2.3 pages)
- Cell phones represent a type of technology that has been around for more than over fifty years; it has only been recently that many people began to use cell phones as a major part of their everyday life. In the past cell phones were for business people to conduct their business, but in today’s society every one owns a cell phone. Cell phones are interesting, useful and also play a major role in our life’s bringing people closer and keeping in touch with one another. Most people do not know and understand the physics of a cell phone.... [tags: technology, cell phone towers]
3226 words (9.2 pages)
- Stricter Distracted Driving Laws When students are in a classroom situation, they don’t think much of a phone going off in class, but when people are on the road, irresponsible use of cell phones can lead to endangerment of lives. Several people have before witnessed drivers distracted before. A person can be so distracted on social media, calling and chatting, emailing or texting that they can resemble drunk drivers. According to Delthia Ricks, “the number of teens who are dying or being injured as a result of texting while driving has skyrocketed as mobile device technology has advanced” (1).... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Cellular network]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- Cell Phone Technology Ring ring. All the people in a 20-foot-radius are thinking it is them that are ringing. Women search through their purses; men reach for their pockets to see if it is their cell phone that is ringing. The year is 2002, and it appears that almost everyone has a cellular telephone. Many believe that in today's society it is a necessity to own one and would be difficult to go a day without one. Are they really necessary. People survived just fine without them before their invention.... [tags: Technology Communication Phones Essays]
1421 words (4.1 pages)
- Cell phone technology has been around for over twenty years. It has only been the last ten years where it has integrated completely into our lives and changed how we communicate with each other. Entire social rules of interaction were completely changed. Now you could be reached at anytime. It seemed like having a cell phone guaranteed some level of privacy from others around you. But what about your own privacy. With the technology revolution that has been taking place there seems to be no focus on personal relationships.... [tags: Communication, Technological]
437 words (1.2 pages)
- The Social Construction of Technology (or SCOT) is a new research tradition rooted in the sociology of technology. SCOT provides a multi-directional model based on the property of interpretative flexibility, and emphasizes on social influences on the technology design and development. This paper will apply SCOT principles to explore the development of cell phone, define the development of cell phone into three different stages historically, and analyze the interpretative flexibility of the cell phone accordingly in the three different stages.... [tags: Historic Stages, Social Influence]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- Although cell phones have not been around for a very long time, they have become a key part of our lives. People use their cell phones for just about everything such as: texting, talking, schedule planning, internet surfing, etc. Sometimes we can even do two or more of these things at the same time. Unfortunately, people are also choosing the wrong time to be using their cell phones: while they are driving. As a society, we have become so focused on how much we can do at one time that we are willing to risk our personal safety as well as the safety of others because we can’t put down our cell phones.... [tags: cell phone, technology, argument]
1796 words (5.1 pages)
- Camera Cell Phones Save Lives My first year of college was approaching rapidly, and I was still trying to get my supplies gathered together. Most of my items I had already stockpiled, such as bedding, a computer and a fridge. One item missing on my list was a cell phone. My parents had insisted that I purchased one when I got my driver's license, but I never seemed to find the time to get one. Being a teenage girl in this day of age, my parents thought I should always have a way to get help in emergency situations.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
1417 words (4 pages)