Technology is something that is very beneficial to the world, and it is constantly used in a majority of everyday life. Without it the world would be a completely different place. Especially in businesses whether they are small privately owned companies, or large corporate owned. Technology will be used to further the business venture to continually make sure that things run as smooth as they can to ensure that the business remains stable for the future. With the desire for all businesses to make more money and it ended up being fueled through the use of technology in business. As businesses like Microsoft and Apple began to further develop themselves they were used more frequently in businesses (Meyer). The programs created by the two major companies were used to make business to business shipments easier to keep track of. Information technology in business greatly benefits how well the company can function together as a whole. The use of different technologies can be used to make distribution quicker and highly available to the public (McClure). Others will disagree but the use of technology in business will remain beneficial.
A majority of businesses all around use technology in some way in their establishment. Technology is used to ring in orders, keep track of inventory, and to keep track of all the situations that come through the business. When using technology for these things are not as hard to keep track of, and there is not an issue to worry about if something were to get miscalculated. The use of technology would keep up with the cost of different items and would properly calculate and keep track of ending sales price. When interviewed Brett Strickland, owner of Strickland Marine Center, was asked if Strickland Mar...
... middle of paper ...
...ontinue to grow” (Strickland-Strickland Marine). Imagine being a business owner and having to continuously keep up with all of the business’s information on paper, it would be difficult to keep track of everything, and there would be constant stress because of the difficulty level. The crossover of technology into businesses will guide businesses into the light, and keep them from fading into the dark.
Apple. iPad in Business. 2013. Web. 15 November 2013.
McClure, David. "Federal Policy Fosters Government Adoption of Secure Cloud Computing." Technology and the Cloud (2013). Web.
Meyer, Stephen. Information Technology and U.S. Business. Detroit, 2011. E-Book. 15 November 2013.
Strickland, Brett. Technology in Business Karissa Tucker. 12 November 2013. Document.
Strickland, David. Technology In Business II Karissa Tucker. 13 November 2013. Document.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The deployment of wireless technology has taken by both of the Giant company, FedEx and UPS in order to keep the company competitive advantage. The Bluetooth short – range wireless specification, 802.11b wireless LANs, and general packet radio service (GPRS) are the wireless solution for both big companies. These lead to the operational efficiency, saving cost – the critical business requirement, and increasing customer satisfaction while also doing more with the same resources. The devotement of $100 million had been done by these two firms to wireless initiatives.... [tags: Business Technology]
1420 words (4.1 pages)
- The explosion of technology innovations within recent years has created a multitude of new and exciting ways for companies to conduct business. We now have technologies such as robotic manufacturing, electronic mail, online videoconferencing, and global networks to connect everyone and everything. Small and medium businesses are now able to cross all traditional boundaries that limited them in the past. Technology has fundamentally altered the way businesses are structured and changed the ways in which managers perform their duties.... [tags: Technology]
1700 words (4.9 pages)
- Abstract: Home computer owners in the world today are more likely to be business owners than those without computers. This indicates that technology and computing are inseparable in the current business world. Over the last two decades, there has been an enormous boost in the number of home computers. In many varied fields, this makes computer owners invariably full to entrepreneurship. With the growth of technology, internet and computers, new methods have been developed in the processing of everyday business activities.... [tags: Technology ]
2255 words (6.4 pages)
- Technology Business Opportunity for Homeschooling Throughout the last decade the government has attempt to fix the public school systems in different was but has not been successful. Through the implementation of the No Child Left behind Law the government tries to establish a nationwide standard to ensure that each student receives the same level of education. The Law was place in effect over ten years ago and has shown little progress. The President Bush established the law but the current presidential administration has lost sight of the law.... [tags: Public School Systems, Technology]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- LT Business Technology Company Team Analysis The team of four individuals involved in starting a consulting firm will build on the strengths of each individual. The following sections will analyze the strengths of team as well as each individual and the roles and responsibilities of each member. In addition a summary of the consulting firm will be discussed as well as five core courses that will be used to ensure the team's success. To begin analyzing the team, the strengths will first be examined.... [tags: Business Analysis Strategy]
1418 words (4.1 pages)
- Before start the discussion of how IT behave in small business, let us look at the definition of IT. IT ,short for "information technology", is a term that includes all forms of technology used to create, store, exchange, and use information in its various forms such as business data, voice conversations, still images, motion pictures, multimedia presentations, and other forms, including those not yet conceived. It's a convenient term for including both telephony and computer technology in the same word (Applegate).... [tags: IT for Small Business]
2725 words (7.8 pages)
- Operating any business without the application of information technology in the modern business world is actually impossible. The world has gone digital and in every sector of economy, entrepreneurs are busy applying information technology systems to run their businesses smoothly. Nevertheless, the invention of information technology and its entrance into business arena has seen, customers demand better services whenever they do business or receive services. From banking to financial markets, stock exchange to retail markets, businesspersons use information technology principles to attract, serve and retain customers.... [tags: Information Technology ]
1539 words (4.4 pages)
- Technology is something that is very beneficial to the world, and it is constantly used in a majority of everyday life. Without it the world would be a completely different place. Especially in businesses whether they are small privately owned companies, or large corporate owned. Technology will be used to further the business venture to continually make sure that things run as smooth as they can to ensure that the business remains stable for the future. With the desire for all businesses to make more money and it ended up being fueled through the use of technology in business.... [tags: inventory, beneficial, tracking, record, paperwork]
1871 words (5.3 pages)
- The Impact of Technology on Business The word business, trade, exchange of commodities are all synonyms. In the early age of civilization business was carried out on the basis of Bata trade as currency came into existence and there were business set Ups our perception started to change towards business but more so since the last 50 yrs with the advent of the information technology the world has turned around. With the establishment of the Internet business has got globalize Businesses are now able to approach overseas market they are no more confined to their areas of their establishment.... [tags: Technological Business essays]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- Technology and Communication in Business The technological advances achieved in the past few decades have brought about a revolution in the business world, affecting all aspects of a working life. People can reach each other throughout the world in a matter of seconds, without cost being increasingly negligible. Employees no longer need to be physically with their clients and co-workers; instead they can communicate effectively at home, at a distant office, across the world, and even in their car or on an airplane.... [tags: Progress Technology Technological Essays]
1784 words (5.1 pages)