Consequently, what we thought were improvements in technology 20 years ago is now historically obsolete. Hence, a widespread improvement in technology has been the proliferation of new electronic devices which has improved how we communicate.
Decades ago, it would take days, even weeks for a letter to reach a friend or family member in another state. Today, with the assistance of technology, that long wait has come to an end. Now, we can communicate via email, social media, text, video conferences as well as other online platforms.
Telephone from the past
Can you imagine how life would be without mobile technology? Better yet, can you imagine a time without smartphones?
Understandably, my mind ponders on a time where we had no phones. Nevertheless, we enjoyed watching our black and white with big picture tubes that came protruded from the back. Consequently, this was our sole method of keeping in touch with the outside world.
Later, during the mid 1970s, our home became equipped with a home telephone. This was a real exciting time for my family and I. Our first telephone was a rotary dial phone with a party line. Yes, a “party line”. The line was referred to as a party line because two or three other families, some of which we did not know, shared the phone line with us. Nonetheless, during that time, private lines were either not available or too expensi...
... middle of paper ...
... as previously mentioned. Keep in mind, children are clever and they learn how to manipulate technology quickly, so parents please beware.
What can parents do?
Parents, if you are considering buying a cell phone or other media device for your youngster, do some homework first. Research and ask questions to gain knowledge about various devices, features and safety. The more you know, the better decisions you are likely to make.
When allowing your children to use media devices, we encourage parents to adopt the recommended screen time limits, while paying close attention to their child’s behavior when denied access to their device. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends no screen time for children under age two and no more than two hours per day for older children (Reddy, 2015). Screen time includes: television, computer, video games, cell phones and tablets.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In today’s world technology plays a vital role in different parts of our lives. It has eased life responsibilities and day-to-day business. Furthermore, according to admin “The rise of the internet technology has improved our daily lives in many ways. The world business and trade has become faster, easier and more reliable.” (Admin).For instance, technology enables us to transger cash online, buy online products, perform digital work, and many more. It has also evolved workplaces into business organizations due to the drastic innovation of technologies; such as Internet, robots, online storage (cloud computing), and many other technological devices.... [tags: Robotics, Robot, Internet, Company]
1138 words (3.3 pages)
- Will humanity as we know it survive it 's obsession with advancing technology. Our expanding repertoire of increasingly advanced digital tools allows us to access and spread information around the world in real-time. Smartphones don 't just keep us constantly connected to the people in our lives, they grant us access to the whole of human knowledge via the internet. Computers have become so powerful and compact that most individuals in the modernized world are never without one; and in many cultures, they are the central means of communication, spreading information, and almost every other facet of modern life.... [tags: Globalization, Technology, Human, Evolution]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- Abstract: Home computer owners in the world today are more likely to be business owners than those without computers. This indicates that technology and computing are inseparable in the current business world. Over the last two decades, there has been an enormous boost in the number of home computers. In many varied fields, this makes computer owners invariably full to entrepreneurship. With the growth of technology, internet and computers, new methods have been developed in the processing of everyday business activities.... [tags: Technology ]
2255 words (6.4 pages)
- In today’s world the integration of technology in education is no longer a new fad. Over the course of the last decade technology has arguably become an integral part of society and found its way into the education system it what seems like a variety of ways. The use of technology within the classroom has moved from the basic computer or TV in the classroom, to a wide spread range of devices, such SmartBoards, iPads, and even software programs. Educators all over have begun to embrace these devices, and their benefits to everyday lessons and activities.... [tags: integration of technology in education]
1053 words (3 pages)
- There are almost as many cell-phone subscriptions (6.8 billion) as there are people on this earth (seven billion)—and it took a little more than 20 years for that to happen. In 2013, there were some 96 cell-phone service subscriptions for every 100 people in the world. According to the 2012 World Bank report, the availability of mobile phones had reached to almost three quarters of the world’s population. Additionally, according to the United Population Fund report released in 2014, the worldwide population of young people between the ages of 10 and 24 has reached to 1.8 billion.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network, Nokia, Motorola]
1485 words (4.2 pages)
- Do you ever think about how much technology has changed the way we work, learn, play, and even think. Technology is a major beneficiary to society; especially in the classroom where we get the opportunity to learn and grow. In recent years, schools have begun implementing tablets and other devices in the classroom to better student’s education. The use of technology in the classroom provides more of a personalized learning experience and gives students a widespread availability to engage in learning.... [tags: technology, society]
1820 words (5.2 pages)
- Introduction Over the past few decades, technologies have made a few great contributions to the environmental protection. Renewable technologies have reduced the demand of fossil fuel; computer technologies have enabled paperless office into reality and thus decreasing the number of trees used to produce paper. Therefore, I have come in to believe that technologies will serve as a major role in protecting the environment, both in the present and future. However, due to certain limitations like political agenda in the current globalized world, the role of technologies may be suppressed and may only be fulfilled in the future.... [tags: Technology and the Environment]
1379 words (3.9 pages)
- The past two decades have overwhelmed the human experience with technology, along with all its distractions. The direct relationship between the mind and the body’s ability to adjust from these distractions can be extremely difficult .Further research has shown that it has become an addiction for many. Technology has significantly improved our lives as a whole through experiences such as Global Positioning System (GPS), cell phones and social networking allowing us to communicate with different people around the world.... [tags: Pros and Cons of Technology]
1865 words (5.3 pages)
- How Technology Affects Us IN Goethe's fairy tale The Sorcerer's Apprentice, made popular by Paul Dukas' music and Walt Disney's movie Fantasia, the apprentice hit upon the idea of putting to use his master's strange power to lighten his own work. He set a broomstick to work to carry water for him. Not knowing how to control it, he soon found that the obedient but senseless slave carried so much water into the house that a flood resulted. The story, of course, had a happy endingthe master came to the rescue.... [tags: Cause Effect Technology analysis]
1759 words (5 pages)
- Everchanging Technology Works cited missing While first considering how to go about completing this assignment, I tried to keep in mind the one constant characteristic of technology: it is always changing. Technology seems to change faster than most can keep pace with. Even simple tasks like writing letters has changed dramatically over the past few decades. Twenty years ago, the postal system was the most common way for people to communicate through writing. Now people use e-mail, allowing them to communicate with anyone in the world at the click of a mouse.... [tags: Internet Technology Computer Essays]
976 words (2.8 pages)