Imagine merely twenty years from now when real-life friendship is old-fashioned, no longer a concern of daily living. When Nora was younger, she enjoyed the pleasure of playing outside with her best friends. She enjoyed the sunlight, the fresh air, just the outdoors in general. She has no cares in the world, she did not know of social media, she did not have an Xbox that she could go inside and play for hours on end; she would play outside at the park, monkeying across the monkey bars, or swinging on the swings. Nora is now a sixty ye...
... middle of paper ...
... Before long, Americans will be spending about 3/4’s of their day on electronic devices chatting with their virtual friends, surfing the internet, and playing extensive amounts of games naturally replacing all forms of human friends.
Personal relationships are dying out quite quickly with the up and coming technologies. These advances are changing the way life will be in general and how we live our lives from here on out. Technology plays a vast part in everyone’s lives. Usually, people need technology to get to work, school, or the store; once they get to these places they are using these devices at those places as well. In fact, in the last few hours how many times has technology been used? Technology has already begun to eliminate face-to-face relationships. As long as technology keeps progressing, the deterioration of relationships will only continue to happen.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Modern Techonology We live in a time where technology is so advanced that it is taking over our lives. As human beings we are occasionally lazy and tend to look for shortcuts to make our lives easier. It is no lie that technology has helped humans become smarter and be more efficient because what we have accomplished in the past half a century. Modern technology does not just effect your electrical bill but is changes who we really are as humans. It is clear that technology is almost considered to be like an arm or a leg nowadays.... [tags: Science, Technology, Computer, Human]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Today, technology has been invading our life. As we are in the twenty first century, technology is becoming more and more reliable for human to be dependant on. The growth of technology innovation is seen increasing sharply over the past few years. With the creation of technology, human now may think less and let the technology do their job. There are pro and cons having technology helping us with our daily life. For example, almost everyone can’t let go of their phone off their hands. When we gather together, almost everyone just stick their face to their smartphone and scroll social media applications.... [tags: Technology, Science, Human, Personal life]
961 words (2.7 pages)
- Information technology has become very important in our daily lives, on whole people around the world in different countries, developed countries and developing countries together without exception, the life become impossible without technology we become more depending on technology and increasing every day more than before , so nowadays we realized that all levels of our lives depending on this technology “the way we live, the way we communicate, the way we travel, the way we learn and so many changes have been brought about by these continuous technological advancements.... [tags: Mobile phone, Technology, Personal life]
703 words (2 pages)
- In this ever changing world we live in, technology seems to be at the epicenter of every choice we make throughout our hectic lifestyles. The human race has become reliant on technology to help us throughout our days and make our lives easier. Schools, offices and homes are just some of the institutions that have been completely taken over by technology since the boom of computer systems that were thought to make life easier and faster. Technology has helped with numerous areas of our lives, but could it be the cause of dehumanizing us.... [tags: Human, Family, Change, Sociology]
855 words (2.4 pages)
- Media and technology have an ever increasing role in how we as humans communicate with one another as well as help impact our culture. The printed word, once able to be mass produced helped usher in an era where where people could seek the education and reading skills they desired, brought print and knowledge to the masses. Now with the more common use of digital communication and media outlets, our options for information and communication are almost entirely unimpeded. Technology allows us to live through multiple Renaissance type periods filled with ever growing pools of information from which to share, and culture changing happenings coming from every corner of our connected world.... [tags: Mass media, Media, Media technology]
1238 words (3.5 pages)
- When the first cell phone came out, it was literally called a “brick phone.” After that phones started to get smaller and smaller all the way down to the sleek Motorlla Razor, then after that phones started to get bigger and bigger: having bigger screens, bigger memories, bigger better cameras. This is the same kind of process the internet has had. It started of slow, not very useful and not common in most houses but as it became faster, and more attainable more people started to get it in their homes.... [tags: Internet, Mobile phone, History of technology]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- To take a picture of oneself is not a new concept to us, but the title for such an action has more recently been known as the 'selfie '. This new-term is a fairly modernistic word, which has recently been added to the dictionary and has also created a hit song called, 'But First Let Me Take a Selfie ' by The Chainsmokers (2014). Between our technological advances, to corporately controlled media where we are constantly being told what we should look like, to our personal social media bringing the comparison and self judgment closer to home, these issues have great effects on our developing generations.... [tags: Self-esteem, Self, Technology, Happiness]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- Over the years, technology has become one of the most influential forces on society. With the continuous evolving of technology, people all over the world have been subjects to the irresistible impact that technology has on their everyday lives. Technology has helped to create many ways in which people are able to escape from liabilities that come along within life. This escape allows people to become involved in society in ways that they normally would not in a physical setting. With the help of William E.... [tags: Environment, Life, Mind, Environment]
705 words (2 pages)
- It is the year 2025, technology has completely reshaped the way we view relationships. Children, and adults alike, log onto to their social media profiles, start up their game consoles, or simply turn on the television and get their daily dose of life. They no longer need a friend to gossip with, they no longer need friends to get the daily scoop on life, it is all virtual. Interpersonal relationships are becoming a thing of the past because people can simply find everything out via the internet or the news.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Family, Friendship]
1777 words (5.1 pages)
- App Theories Born and raised into a society in this world where technology is all around me, I happen to be prone to it. A society where I can walk upon a street with numerous of people who appear to be face planted into their cellular devices. Some use their phone to speak to a voice control. By easily pressing a button, their words are then molded into questions that are answered by an anonymous voice. Another half may be placing an order for an Uber or Lyft transportation service to take them to a certain destination.... [tags: Mobile phone, Technology, Adult, Babysitting]
1010 words (2.9 pages)