The recent case study that I performed at the kindergarten classroom in the Berkeley Unified School District became a turning point for me to decide to apply for UC Berkeley’s Culture, Development, and the Learning Science Ph.D. program. After graduating from SFSU, I have worked as a content developer and an app programmer. The amazing hit of our math learning app, Todo Math, made the CEO of my company to feel the necessity of research to clearly show the effectiveness of ...
... middle of paper ...
...d not mean. When I was chosen as a teaching assistant, the rest of seniors hated me that it was not fair. Traditionally, the 3rd semester students could work as a teaching assistant, but my case was no usual. That is because the new microprocessor experiment class required one important qualification; taking this class during undergraduate years. And I was only one student who is eligible in this position. After being a teaching assistant, I had to try my best on performing experiment. I did simulate overall process of each experiment and collect all information regarding the class. Thanks to my persistent effort, my seniors’ attitudes towards me began to change. Increasing knowledge about computer systems and working experiences led to the good news that I was selected as a recipient of Samsung Scholarship, and I could study without worrying about the tuition fees.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I first came to teaching early in life, playing school with my brother and sister. My next adventure with teaching came when I ventured to Alaska for college. I graduated from college with a degree in elementary education and moved to the village of Savoonga, a predominately Native community. While in Savoonga, I taught grades second through sixth. This gave me the opportunity to use technology in the classroom and to experience many different grade levels. I spent many hours working on the school's computers in order to make sure they were maintained in order to be useful to classroom teachers.... [tags: education, admissions essays, graduate school]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- The coursework I have completed through the Distance Educational Technology Masters Program at the University of Alaska Southeast (UAS), has immersed me in educational technology research supported by collegial discussions. Through the supervised field-based activities from the UAS program and my ongoing professional activities, I have developed a shared vision for the comprehensive integration of technology. Technology integration has been my priority focus academically and professionally. As I have developed a classroom environment conducive to the realization of my technology integration vision, I have shared my vision with families and educators in my school, district, and state.... [tags: Educational Technology]
921 words (2.6 pages)
- I enrolled in Educational Technology 2300 as a requirement for my Early Childhood Education Degree. When I first enrolled in this course I really had no idea what this course entailed except as per my instructors first email, it would not include the use of a laminating machine. Instead, I have learned that Educational Technology is compiled of multimedia resources and audiovisual aids that will enhance a students learning process. As a future teacher, I have learned that Educational technology is important and necessary in today’s Internet information based society.... [tags: educational technology, early childhood]
888 words (2.5 pages)
- Being in today’s society it is hard to find someone not using a piece of technology. Technology has advanced exponentially over the last few decades. With so many different models for a piece of technology it is a wonder what else people will come up with next. It has done so much for our society that it is hard to think that there is room for improvement with today’s technology. Cell phones, computers, and tablets have enabled us to be able to connect with others on a different level that we have not had before, whether it is sending out invitations for a party, getting the grades for your classes, or networking to step your foot into the professional world.... [tags: Communication, Information technology]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- Section One: Mission and Vision Statement A mission and vision statement is important in order for an educator to remain focused on what one will like to accomplish within the classroom. Without a mission and vision statement one will have a harder time accomplishing their personal goals as well as their goals for the students. Vision A teacher’s mission is to help each student reach their full potential in education and life skills. A teacher’s job is to discover how each student learns and teach in a way that each student is able to understand.... [tags: Educational Technology Plan]
3421 words (9.8 pages)
- After picking sources and analyzing them for our inquiry of technology and identity, I have similar feelings towards each one of them. The way I feel about the quality of the three sources that I ultimately chose are similar as well. They are similar in the way that each article claims and uses different kinds of resources to support their conviction that technology has negative and positive affects to our lives. In general, these articles also discussed how technology affected our lives with supporting evidence such as statistics, research from other people, and actual stories with experiences relating to the conviction.... [tags: Critical thinking, Source]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- Technology has been one of my favorite subjects, and as I have progressed through university, I found the technology course not only interesting but intriguing. My undergraduate degree has helped me much in the professional field but in the fostering of good technology practice in the workplace, I need a master’s degree in technological management and your institution is one of the best as evidenced by former students who have represented the institution very well. Professionally I have had a more hands-on approach to dealing with technology at the workplace.... [tags: Management, Technology, Technology Management]
820 words (2.3 pages)
- This literature review will seek to fulfill two goals: (1) review the note-taking related studies of the educational psychology literature and (2) determine the research “gaps” in this field. Information technology has enabled humans to find information faster and more efficiently than ever before. Predictably, this has found its way into the classroom environment. Implementation of technology in the classroom is a rapidly growing trend across competitive educational societies. However, these technologies have their limitations.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology, Laptop]
1628 words (4.7 pages)
- What are virtual field trips. According to Kirchen (2011) “A virtual field trip (VFT) is a technology-based experience that allows children to take an educational journey without leaving the classroom" (p.22). VFTs can take students all over the world. Teachers have the opportunity to create VFTs that connect to the curriculum. While teachers are able to create their own VFT, there are also trips available for free online. VFTs can be used in any classroom, including early childhood classrooms (grades pre-k to 2nd).... [tags: Education, Early childhood education]
1735 words (5 pages)
- Technology in the Mathematics Classroom While reading the NCTM summary on Technology, it is to my understanding that use of technology is at the teacher’s discretion. Therefore, the teacher is charged with the responsibility of preparing students before venturing into the field of technology. Essentially, students should be able to grasp and understand basic concepts and ideas, before intertwining computers or calculators into a lesson to further explore the concepts in said lesson. When visiting the U.S.... [tags: Computer Technology]
682 words (1.9 pages)
- Renewable And Renewable Energy Sources
- My Life Plan For A Nursing Program
- The Electoral College Is The System Of Which The United States Elects Its President
- My Life An Abundance Of People Has Had Impact On Me
- Pregnant Women Get Recommendations From Their Pregnancy
- Emily Dickinson 's Because I Could Not Stop For Death