Technology has forever changed how criminal justice functions now. Police departments are changing how they operate because of it. Many new technology’s such as Crime Lights, In-Car Camera Systems, Photo Enforcement Systems, Graffiti Cameras, and many many more. These technology’s make it so much easier for officers to do there job now. Officers have improved efficiency, effectiveness, and officer safety in a variety of ways. Law enforcement has been around a very long time and has changed in many ways. We did not always have the technological tools we have today to help solve crimes and enforce laws. Police officers use to write out every single report, and in order to make a copy they had to rewrite it again. Now a days they type reports into computers and photocopy any thing that needs to go to multiple people. It use to be in order to run a licenses plate officers had to call the station and have some one look through files to see if that person had a warrant or anything. Now officers can run a licenses plate on a laptop that is in there car and a full background check on the vehicle and owner. These are just two of the ways technology has forever changed criminal justice. The internet has been one of the biggest helps to criminal justice so far. It makes for easy communication between departments and easy to find anyth...
... middle of paper ...
...ing for inmates with drug problems. Also education prison personal about drug abuse.
A career choice into Criminal Justice means that you will be using a lot of technology. As a Police Officer you will need to continually learn new technology and also learn to balance it so you do not relay on it completely. There are also many other jobs in this field that use a lot of technology. Technology is becoming more and more essential in almost everything. After all the research I have done I have determined that I still want to continue going after a career as a Police Officer. This paper has opened my eyes to the technology in use by officers, and has made me realize I need to start looking into more of what I will be using rather then what I would be doing. Technology has changed the way Police Officers work so in order to become one I need to be ahead of the technology.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction History in itself is how determine the path that we have taken to arrive at a certain point. Knowing is only half of the equation, we must use that information to develop and improve, so that we can take a better path in the future. In the field of law, this is especially important. Specifically in the Criminal Justice System, history is a roadmap that is mainly used a way to examine the cause and effect relationship between policies, laws, and society. Criminal law is a complex interaction between criminal procedures and the sanctions that are imposed on individuals for breaking the law.... [tags: Crime, Criminal justice, Criminal law, Police]
1489 words (4.3 pages)
- Computers take part in a big role in the Criminal Justice Field. So far computers have allowed us to make it accessible for witnesses to go through and look for a suspect's picture on the screen. Computers have enabled us to be able to do DNA testing. Which now only takes the labs a short time to process, and finding criminals from cases 15+ years ago can now be charged for their actions. There are laptop computers in police vehicles; therefore, police officers can look up information right then and there instead of having to wait until they get back to the station.... [tags: Technology Benefits Essays Papers]
609 words (1.7 pages)
- Recent advancements in technology have had a huge impact on the current criminal justice system. These new developments have made it easier for those in the field to track down criminals and help provide better evidence to support their cases. Things such as fingerprint databases, DNA testing, GPS tracking, and many other things have made it easier for prosecutors or defendants to prove their cases in court. This is very beneficial because with this new wave of technology officials are now able to provide more reliable and credible evidence in court.... [tags: dna testing, fingerprint database, gps]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- Police, corrections, parole, probation officers. This list goes on with careers and opportunities into the criminal justice field with education and learning, promotions and raises at every door. We began this course with one career choice in mind, police officer, crime scene investigators, parole officer, etc. We discovered much more than our one option by researching and reviewing, discussing and commenting, and listening to each other through thoughts and ideas of one another. Police officers start out with school, school and more school to be sure that they have received the proper education and training to ensure the best outcome, both safe and secure, for not only himself but for the... [tags: Police, Criminal justice, Criminal law]
1476 words (4.2 pages)
- Over the next 10 years the criminal Justice system could entirely change with the passing of a major law, epidemic, or failed service. Consequently, every since 9-11 our justice system has become much more open minded. Therefore, resulting in the strict enforcement of laws to protect its citizens. Nothing ever stays the same for too long. New developments related to science, technology, DNA analysis, and countless other tools and other factors are changing for the better in solving cases, prevention of crimes, and aiding in investigations.... [tags: Crime, Police, Criminal justice, Law]
1320 words (3.8 pages)
- Criminal Justice has numerous avenues in which to follow so making the choice of what specific field to choose a difficult decision. This is not a choice that should be taken lightly nor in haste but one that should be contemplated and examined closely. I have done an enormous amount of research on many of the fields of criminal justice narrowing it down to three: Forensics, Probation/ Parole and Homeland Security. For me personally, these are the best three choices given their potential for being challenging.... [tags: Criminal Justice]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- Like much other organization, the criminal justice system also uses many leadership styles to manage their team effectively. It is important for a manager to have certain required standards since the fundamental structure for ascertaining whether a leader is a performer or a non-performer. According to the victim of crime .org criminal justice is a set of agencies that is established by the federal government to control crime and impose penalties on those who violate the laws. Similarly, standards offer an opportunity to assess the candidates’ ethical practices.... [tags: Leadership, Skill, Management, Criminal justice]
1190 words (3.4 pages)
- The two types branches of our court systems is the duel court system (Bohm & Haley, 2010, p 288). Each system in the Federal or State side contains numerous possibilities in their jurisdiction with their authority to of the court to hear and decide cases (Bohm & Haley, 2010, p 288). However, the two courts described are: Trial Courts of Limited Jurisdiction and Trial courts of General Jurisdiction. Trial Courts of Limited Jurisdiction is a state court that is referred to as the “lower court”; interestingly some states have no formal legal training requirements to serve as a judge in this type of court.... [tags: Law, criminal justice, law enforcement]
1397 words (4 pages)
- Paralegals are a crucial part of the criminal justice system. They are some of the hardest workers in the legal system, yet are sometimes underappreciated. It seems as though being a paralegal can stressful, exhausting, and overwhelming, but many find this worth the stress because they are challenged to solve problems, think creatively, and are making a difference and improving the lives of others. Overall, paralegals perform a range of duties that make them a vital part of the justice system, and though this job is stressful, it has benefits as well.... [tags: Law, Lawyer, Criminal justice, Academic degree]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- In this current generation, technology is steadily becoming a major asset to our future in a wide range of areas, and has been embedded in our lives currently to the point of being close to a necessity. In Criminal Justice, the use of technology has proven to be of tremendous help in many areas of the field. The incorporation of the computer systems in criminal justice tremendously has improved the general communication between agencies as the new methods of transferring information among departments.... [tags: radio traffic, data networks]
1254 words (3.6 pages)