Technology and R&D play a key role in the sustainable economic development of industrializing countries such as Turkey. The ability of the Turkey’s absorption, development and commercialization of new technologies has been a great challenge in the last fifteen years. After several serious crises, the country has grasped a steady economic development from 2000. Turkey will likely see the fastest medium to long-term growth in energy demand among the IEA member countries. Energy related CO2 emissions in Turkey have more than doubled since 1990 and are likely to continue to increase rapidly over the medium and long term, in parallel with the energy demand (IEA, 2009). On the other hand, Greenhouse Gas Emissions (GHG) sharply increased (%226) from 187 Mt CO2- eq to 422,4 Mt CO2- eq from 1990 to 2011 in Turkey. In overall 2011 emissions, the energy sector had the largest portion with 71% (TurkStat, 2013).
The country, therefore, requires substantial innovation policies and practices for developing clean energy options to keep up with an average 6.4% increase in the annual energy demand and decrease CO2 emissions. Can Turkey meet this high energy demand together with reductions in her carbon emissions? What kind of policy actions are needed for the green development of Turkey? Since economic growth is expected to continue, the key issue to overcome in order to mitigate CO2 emissions is the use low carbon technologies.
Presently, Turkish technology policies to improve the techno-economic features of low-carbon technologies are inadequate to contain Turkey’s increasing CO2 emissions. Long-term policies, support and investment are needed for low carbon and green growth. In this process technological advancemen...
... middle of paper ...
...ey are uncompetitive compared to existing technologies except in specialised niches, until they have had the opportunity to move down their learning curves and reduce unit costs, as the scale of output rises and experience accumulates (Pearson, P., Foxon T. J., 2012). Pearson suggests, at the same paper, that low carbon characteristic as yet lacks convincing market value and because, except in particular niches, they tend not yet to offer a superior combination of characteristics to those of entrenched high carbon technologies, in the near term low carbon technologies will not find it as easy to penetrate as might be expected of the core technologies of an industrial revolution. However, nowadays penetration of low carbon technologies are rapid and easy yet the financial and know-how difficulties. karsit gorusteki argumanimizi soyleyelim nedir gunumuzde durum?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Play is a child’s work and play is important for the child’s development and for children to bond with their parents and caretakers. Playing with your child offers an opportunity to get to bond and create a strong relationship. As a parent, guardian or caretaker you have taken the role of being the child’s first teacher with much of the teaching happening through play. While playing with the child it teaches them rules and what is expected out of him or her. As they grow, play teaches the child how they are expected to act in society and at home.... [tags: Play, Learning, Play, Child]
1816 words (5.2 pages)
- In households throughout the world, it is not uncommon to see a woman taking on the role of homemaker solely. However, more and more often, the idea of women working outside of the home is becoming a reality. Particularly, women are filling a vital role in the emerging technology fields. The duties of female workers are aiding in the progress of technology, right along with their male counterparts, because the once invisible intellectual ability of women is finally being utilized. Throughout history, select women have emerged in the technology fields.... [tags: Women, Working, Home, Careers, Technology]
1296 words (3.7 pages)
- System Education At any point of introducing a new system or upgrading a system to an organization, there are always some level of challenges realized if employees feel the system will affect them and their operations. Education on SharePoint administrator will help all staff members understand the need and use of the system towards the development of the organization. SharePoint administrator technology will get explained and its relevance to the current business operations. Managing SharePoint technology and storage structures are part of the system education (Carr & Earley, 2011).... [tags: Technology, Management, Information technology]
1725 words (4.9 pages)
- Technology is one of the main things in our lives today. According to so and so “ Technology is ……..” . It is in every little aspect of our lives, from our alarm clock, to the way we make our coffee in the morning, to the way we wash our dishes and to the way we all have a small mental breakdown when we are not able to locate our phone. “quote”. Our children being born in this age are exposed to technology at every corner and it also play a big role in their lives. From an early age children are exposed to all kind of technologies, television, video games, fancy toys that can talk and move.... [tags: Problem solving, Childhood, Child development]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- Key concepts: • Play is a means by which children develop and learn. When children play, is a way for them to develop and learn new skills. The children that play have a positive future comparing to those that don’t play at all. For example, I was a reading an article regarding the generation from today. There was a study conducted with two groups of children. One group had no technology and was in nature camping. The other group wasn’t in the nature camp. The children that had no technology were able to recognize the emotions from the picture.... [tags: Developmental psychology, Play, Learning]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- As time goes on, the world around us continues to change even more rapidly than it already has. All the time new gadgets and gizmos continue to be introduced to the market to satisfy the needs of the consumers. Social networking sites such as Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter allow people from all over the world to be connected. With the help of these social networking sites and cell phones people have become more easily accessible in the previous years than ever before. At first glance these modern technologies appear to be nothing but helpful conveniences that society has become accustomed to having , but as technology advances, our privacy continues to decrease without most people even real... [tags: Technology ]
1518 words (4.3 pages)
- 1. Introduction It is no surprise that technology is rapidly taking over the world, and defining the day to day lives we live. As humans we are constantly engaged in some form of technology. However, the role of technology in early childhood classroom is a growing and controversial topic. The bottom line question for most teachers is whether or not computer based technology is developmentally appropriate for early childhood students, and if they benefit from using computers as a primary learning tool.... [tags: Technology]
2108 words (6 pages)
- Computer technology is advancing at a rapid rate, causing the diversity and availability of assistive technology computer resources to have a tremendous impact for special education students across the United States. Assistive technology provides an opportunity for students with physical, emotional, and mental disabilities to acquire universal access to tools and opportunities for learning. Despite studies showing the benefits of assistive technology, many school districts fail to achieve the fullest potential that assistive technology can offer.... [tags: Technology]
1749 words (5 pages)
- Apple has become the "it" in technology all over again. The company that was on the brink of extinction just a few years ago has picked itself back up and is growing exponentially each year. Upper management and top officials have kept close to their beliefs for Apple and have been able to push the company further in not only profits, but also product lines. Forthcoming you will find Apples current products, their short but tumultuous history and financials, and what role they have played and will continue to play in the ever evolving information systems world.... [tags: Apple Technology Business Analysis Market]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- What is medical technology. Medical technology is procedures, equipment, and processes by which medical care is delivered. It is also any scientific discovery that finds its application in delivering health care. As technology advances the ability of providers to diagnose, treat and prevent health problems also increase, as stated by the Congressional Budget Office “the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) defines technological advances broadly to include any changes in clinical practice that enhance the ability of providers to diagnose, treat, or prevent health problems.” (CBO).... [tags: Healthcare, Technology]
1342 words (3.8 pages)