Technical Security Aspects
In creating an effective security policy, it is important to identify what needs to be protected, and the likelihood of attack for each network device. The lifeblood of TicTek is its online sales; therefore it is vital to protect the company’s web servers and payment processing server, bearing in mind confidentiality, integrity, and availability. A vulnerability assessment will need to be conducted before and after technical security measure are in place for the purpose of identifying specific network vulnerabilities. According to Joseph Migga Kizza (2011), “Vulnerability assessment is a periodic process that works on a system to identify, track, and manage the repair of vulnerabilities on the system” (p.139). Thereafter, a vulnerability assessment will be scheduled every six months to ident...
... middle of paper ...
...t of management.
Cisco. (2006). How Does RADIUS Work. Retrieved March 29, 2014 from http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security-vpn/remote-authentication-dial-user-service-radius/12433-32.html#intro
Kizza, J. (2011). Computer network security and cyber ethics. (3rd ed.). Jefferson: McFarland & Company Inc.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology. (n.d.). Viruses, Spyware, and Malware. Retrieved March 29, 2014 from http://ist.mit.edu/security/malware
Securities and Exchange Commission. (2003). SEC Interpretation: Electronic Storage of Broker-Dealer Records. Retrieved March 29, 2014 from http://www.sec.gov/rules/interp/34-47806.htm
SeverCheck.com. (n.d.). Best Practices for Data Center Infrastructure and Server Room Environmental Monitoring. Retrieved March 29, 2014 from http://www.serverscheck.com/sensors/temperature_best_practices.asp
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Valdez Team The Valdez Team – a purposefully assembled, seasoned group of business and academic partners with demonstrated expertise and experience in a complete range of engineering, research, and technical activities involving aging structures – is pleased to submit the following proposal for providing such support to the U.S. Air Force Academy and the Center for Aircraft Structural Life Extension (CAStLE). On our team, Valdez International Corporation (Valdez), the prime contractor, is joined by the National Institute for Aviation Research (NIAR), NDE Services, Inc.... [tags: Business Proposal]
1780 words (5.1 pages)
- Security in any company is vital for it to success. Whether that is physical or technical security, each plays a part in ensuring important data is in the wrong hands. Key physical security may also be needed when dealing with critical physical environment issues. These measures can help prepare a company looking to protect their computing facilities from natural and man-made events. Whitman (2015) describes physical security as the protection of physical items, objects, or areas from unauthorized access.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Physical security]
893 words (2.6 pages)
- Solving HealthCare’s eMail Security Problem Abstract While healthcare organizations have come to depend heavily on electronic mail, they do so without a significant email security infrastructure. New Federal law and regulation place new obligations on the organizations to either secure their email systems or drastically restrict their use. This paper discusses email security in a healthcare context. The paper considers and recommends solutions to the healthcare organization’s problem in securing its mail.... [tags: essays research papers]
6605 words (18.9 pages)
- This proposal is for a small office that will have users who are connected by Wi-Fi or cable. The network will include devices and resources that is shared among all the users. The network will need to have security measures in place to protect the entire network and keep the wireless access secure and available only to employees of the company. I would suggest conducting a site survey before finalizing a network layout. A site survey will aid with determining where the wireless access points will be placed to give reliable coverage.... [tags: wireless, security, servers]
552 words (1.6 pages)
- Case 5 Security controls are technical or administrative safeguards or counter measures to avoid, counteract or minimize loss or unavailability due to threats acting on their matching vulnerability, i.e., security risk. Controls are referenced all the time in security, but they are rarely defined. The purpose of this section is to define technical, administrative/personnel, preventative, detective, and corrective compensating controls, as well as general controls. Basically they are categorized in following way • Preventive • Corrective • Detective Secure Configurations for Network Devices Think about firewall, switch, and switch arrangement against standard secure setups characterized for e... [tags: Security, Physical security, Access control]
754 words (2.2 pages)
- Canada’s Airport Security Marvin Mati Jake Davis PSI 203 0LA October 15, 2015 Word count: 937 Research Proposal on Canada’s Airport Security Throughout the history of aviation, criminals and terrorists have used airports and aircraft to orchestrate various forms of unlawful activities. Examples as such, criminals using general or commercial aviation to smuggle goods and drugs, or terrorists and special interest groups using aviation to garner geopolitical attention. In the mentioned cases, aviation has provided a platform for expedient distribution channels for drug peddlers, criminals, and a public stage for terrorists and special interest groups.... [tags: Security, Terrorism, Airport security]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Given the total number of threats listed in Appendix F (pg. 39) it would be unrealistic to make recommendations for every threat listed. Doing so would detract from the larger issues that need to be addressed in the near term, by focusing efforts on lower risks with few mitigation strategies. Therefore, this risk assessment will make two sets of recommendations. First, any threat initially assessed as EXTREMELY HIGH will be addressed specifically in this section. The near term goal of these recommendations is to mitigate the effects of these threats.... [tags: Security, Computer security, Security guard]
1465 words (4.2 pages)
- Overview This proposal responds to RED CHEETAH’S desire to procure a Web site provider to design the front end of the Web sites for their customers who want to establish on online store with RED CHEETAH’s e-commerce capabilities. The sites will include professionally written content and expertly designed graphics that together present a professional and credible store image. The goal of each site is to immediately capture site visitors’ attention, introduce them to the company, and showcase the variety of merchandise available.... [tags: Business Proposal]
1690 words (4.8 pages)
- Technical Escort: Revealed From the creation of the Army’s Technical Escort Unit, there has always been one mission that has never changed; the removal, transportation and disposal of chemical weapons. “The U.S. Army Technical Escort Unit was formed in 1944 and is the longest, continuously active, military chemical unit in existence... The unit was formed as a group of specialist to escort chemical weapons”(Cashman, 2000, p. 104). Although this mission type has not faded, the overall mission of these units has expanded to a larger arena.... [tags: Army's Technical Escort Unit]
984 words (2.8 pages)
- Business Proposal In today’s busy world where time is precious to everybody; getting readymade food at the door steps is everyone’s wish. That’s the precise reason anyone from small restaurant to the biggest have home food delivery service. Everyone have their own choice in foods and eat different stuff at different time. Even In same family someone may want pizza for dinner, someone want subway sandwich, and someone may want Mexican food. In such situation when everyone in family want different stuff to eat at same time; you may end up spending lots of time going through different food menus, calling different restaurants, putting up separate orders and wait to get all orders delivered so... [tags: Business Proposal]
434 words (1.2 pages)