Members: Dakota Brown, Nicholas Beach, Blake Bryant,
Jorge Coronado, Abdul Khan, Austin Chan, Nicolas Ceaser
The following is a requested document containing technical network recommendations for Ann Bolinger of EPOCH. Ann has requested our team to analyze the current network and make recommendations based on an upcoming expansion of the company and the infrastructure.
The initial question is as follows: What network architecture and topologies to use (e.g. subnets assigned), including where you might use a NAT (including diagrams here are nice)?
Our team recommends the following course of action. Utilize a network architecture and topology that follows close to the following diagram (Diagram 1: Network Layout). The topology is a mixture of multiple star-ring networks. NAT would take place at the central firewall directly connected to the internet. This would allow the incoming and outgoing information to be sorted correctly and ensure that it reaches the correct destination.
Diagram 1 (Network Layout)
The initial question is as follows: How to segregate networks to help best manage the security of the networks. Explain your reasoning.
To best manage the security of the networks, our team suggests to set up segregate networks with one main hub and one sub hub per department. Each department will have sub hub that links directly towards the main hub. By using a hub per department, this will ensure user access to only department-related business. This method will also grant built in redundancies to guarantee that the network will remain online even if there is a malfunction with one of the department’s hubs. A firewall will also be placed b...
... middle of paper ...
...me can use a “token” which is a special type of packet which allows computer to send data, because of this no contention or collision can take place.
Finally, how would this architecture change (or would it) if you moved from a data center into a cloud provider such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure?
If the data center were to be moved to a cloud provider, the data would be stored by a company that is better equipped to handle security concerns and system failures. This would alleviate system strain and allow the company to redistribute financial and location-based resources. However, the company would not make any changes to the architecture because the already existing hardware can be utilized as a backup in order to prevent data loss. Since the company already owns a data center, a cloud-based service will require additional funding.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It is a great honor to write a letter of recommendation for Alejandra Galaviz. I have known Alejandra for three years in an academic setting. She was one of my finest Spanish students three years ago and she always motivated other students to succeed as well. She has been my most trusted teacher’s assistant for the last two years. She is one of the most mature, helpful, reliable and trustworthy students I have taught in my 12 years of public teaching. As a public high school teacher, I have seen hundreds of students walk in and out of my classroom over the last 12 years, and Alejandra is in the top 1% of students who have had a positive impact on me.... [tags: Recommendation]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- Technical communication is most likely going to be the most difficult part of my professional career as a computer scientist. Writing for this field is similar to other fields since programmers are expected to be able to write documents that are easily understandable by the software users, and are readily usable with technical details for professionals. Programmers must write many documents directed at the non-technical audience which consists of text within programs, read me files, help files, manuals on software use, presentations for clients, and many more.... [tags: Technical Writing]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- Leroy and Norma Jean in the short story, “Shiloh” by Bobbie Ann Mason, are a married couple, and they experience a series of events, which shapes them and determines there future. The final setting, Shiloh, works well to highlight the battles of war to the battles between Norma Jean and Leroy. Throughout the story Mason is focused on the persistency of grief, the instability of gender roles, along with the distance and lack of communication separating Leroy and Norma Jean from each other.... [tags: Bobbi Ann Mason, Shiloh]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- Besides that, the technical training program is more focus on product technical parts, which means that our technical trainer would be give a training to you on how to maintenance and service product electronic part and others for the customer. I say this because our customer will sign up on-site support which is 24 hours stand by to support maintenance service for them, so, you must know how to change the electronic part inside the product and how to give a good maintenance service to customer once they are facing something problems on the product.... [tags: Focus, Product, Technical Parts]
1691 words (4.8 pages)
- Technical Escort: Revealed From the creation of the Army’s Technical Escort Unit, there has always been one mission that has never changed; the removal, transportation and disposal of chemical weapons. “The U.S. Army Technical Escort Unit was formed in 1944 and is the longest, continuously active, military chemical unit in existence... The unit was formed as a group of specialist to escort chemical weapons”(Cashman, 2000, p. 104). Although this mission type has not faded, the overall mission of these units has expanded to a larger arena.... [tags: Army's Technical Escort Unit]
984 words (2.8 pages)
- November 20, 2004 Mr. Richard Pillsbury Manager, Marketing Services All Industries Inc. 111 Strawberry Bend, Suite 1551 Smallville, OH 05252 Dear Mr. Pillsbury: This is in response to your recent request for a letter of recommendation for Mary Lamb who worked for me up until three years ago. Mary Lamb worked under my direct supervision at Technical Technologies for a period of five and a half years ending in August 2003. During that period, I had the pleasure of seeing her blossom from a junior marketing trainee, into a fully functioning Marketing, Program Co-Ordinator, in her final year and a half with the company.... [tags: Business Recommendation Letters]
389 words (1.1 pages)
- An Acquaintance with Darkness by Ann Rinaldi Ann Rinaldi has written many books for young teenagers, she is an Award winning author who writes stories of American history and makes them become real to the readers. She has written many other books such as A Break with Charity, A Ride into Morning, and Cast two Shadows, etc. She was born in New York City on August 27, 1934. In 1979, at the age of 45, she finished her first book. An Acquaintance with Darkness by Ann Rinaldi is about Emily Bransby, a 14-year old girl living in Washington DC at the time that President Lincoln was assassinated, when slaves we're being freed and people were all going crazy from all of the new changes going on.... [tags: Ann Rinaldi Acquaintance Darkness]
1482 words (4.2 pages)
- The setting in the short story “Shiloh” by Bobbie Ann Mason works well to accentuate the theme of the story. The theme portrayed by Mason is that most people change along with their environment, with the exception of the few who are unwilling to adapt making it difficult for things such as marriage to work out successfully. These difficulties are apparent in Norma Jean and Leroy’s marriage. As Norma Jean advances herself, their marriage ultimately collapses due to Leroy’s unwillingness to adapt with her and the changing environment.... [tags: Shiloh by Bobbie Ann Mason]
560 words (1.6 pages)
- Shiloh by Bobbie Ann Mason Character Sketch In Bobbie Ann Mason’s story “Shiloh” she presents the character of Norma Jean as having a strong personality but an emptiness deep within. Norma Jean is presented as a strong character on the outside in the opening of the story. “She lifts three-pound dumbbells to warm-up, the progresses to a twenty-pound barbell.”(Mason p. 46). However as the story progresses she exhibits the emptiness which she feels. “One day Leroy arrives home from a drive and finds Norma Jean in tears.” (Mason p.... [tags: Shiloh Bobbie Ann Mason Essays]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- Dear Sir/Madame I am writing this letter to give my highest possible recommendation for Mr. Smith. I know Mr. Smith through his work in my office. Mr. Smith first approached me two years ago about the possibility of an internship in our company for the summer. At our first meeting I described the general outline of the project the he might work on. He asked good questions and appeared intelligent. He then went to the library and found many papers on the subject and read them carefully. He did this independently - I did not ask him to do this.... [tags: Letters of Recommendation]
356 words (1 pages)