The Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology defines Engineering as, “ the profession in which knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to utilize, economically, the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind. “(ABET). An Engineer in my own words would be someone that is a problem solver and enjoys finding ways to improve imperfect designs. Examining closer at the specific discipline of Mechanical Engineering I have found the specific fields of study many Mech. Majors tend to go into. You can apply Mechanical Engineering to many different industries and it is seen as one of the more foundational disciplines of Engineering. When I think of the great infrastructure of the United States, the many highway systems, bridges, and power plants, I directly relate this to Mechanical Engineering. Another big aspect of Mechanical Engineering is manufacturing goods and products. Constantly improving the manufacturing process will affect the bottom dollar, making Engineers a vital asset to any manufacturing company. Also, many Mechanical Engineers are involved in the design process of a product, coming up with new age technology, or improving old tired techniques, making a problem solving mind imperative.
Since Mechanical Engineering is so broad there are many different areas you can go into, I will describe three. Automotive is self-explanatory in that you will design and build cars. I believe the future of Automotive Engineering is finding an alternative fuel source to stop carbon dioxide pollution. There is many concepts in Research and Development constantly being improved u...
... middle of paper ...
...the pilots lack this feedback.” (livewire.com). This new way of flight could help improve pilot’s skills and increase the safety of airlines. Also learning how to fly could be greatly expedited and new comers can enjoy flying an airplane in no time at all. This new technology points towards a world of more integrated interface between our brain and our surroundings, controlling computers and other objects with just a thought will make everything more efficient. The question remains whether this new technology is just a novelty or is there an actual need for a brain commanded interface for a pilot? I know one thing is for sure, the present flying generation isn’t going to change willingly. Mechanical Engineering is the fundamental discipline to Aerospace and so many others, and with the knowledge I will gain in my major will open countless doors of opportunities.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Nico Berryhill 8th grade December 15 2017 Period 4 Mechanical Engineer. Because it is so awesome, my brother and my step sister works on mechanical engineer, and Iron man he works on mechanical engineer too ¨ so awesome¨ and so I get a all lot of money. They do Mechanical Engineer design and create machines and mechanical systems like Introduction to engineering, Computer integrated manufacturing, Principles of engineering, and engineering mathematics.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- Mechanical Engineering Christian Solorzano PID: 5313474 Engineering is the application of science and mathematics to construct innovative designs using natural resources to benefit mankind. Mechanical engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the design and use of machines. Mechanical engineer’s main objective is to take a product from an idea to the marketplace. In other words, they create and plan the idea on paper, design the idea so it can sell, and then ensure that the machine functions safely and efficiently.... [tags: Mechanical engineering, Engineering, Design]
1402 words (4 pages)
- Mechanical engineering is a branch of engineering that focuses on the design analysis and manufacturing of mechanical systems. This major is highly math especially calculus and physics-based one of the great things about mechanical engineering is that is highly versatile in what you can do. Students who graduate as a mechanical engineering major can go into construction, automotive, heating, and air-conditioning, robotics, combustion engines, and much more. Mechanical Engineering is one of the fastest growing industries in the world today.... [tags: Mechanical engineering, Engineering]
861 words (2.5 pages)
- Everybody has to go grow up one day. There is no going around it one day you will be an adult. It is on this journey to adulthood that most kids are asked, “What do you want to be when you grow up?”. This is the beginning for each individual to figure out what occupation they want to have after high school. There are millions of different occupations out there in the world, and each occupation has a different set of requirements that come along with it. One of these occupations is mechanical engineering.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- Challenges encountered by Mechanical Engineers in the 21st Century My major is Mechanical Engineering. Mechanical Engineering is a field in engineering which deals with the design, development, building and testing of both simple and complex machines and engines, some of which include generators, combustion engines, steam engines and so on. They are professionals who apply the knowledge of math and science to produce useful solutions for the benefit of all. This field is one of the most versatile engineering fields, such that there are numerous areas one can specialize in like “manufacturing or agricultural production, maintenance or technical sales; many become administrators o... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
959 words (2.7 pages)
- I am applying for a Masters in Mechanical Engineering with a concentration in Solid Mechanics to expand on my study of and experience with materials. I have thoroughly enjoyed studying Materials Science and Engineering as an undergraduate at UCLA. I now look forward to moving into graduate study in a field of engineering with a related, but different perspective. Materials Science and Engineering has allowed me to explore both materials and other fields within engineering, contributing to my strong interest in combining my study of Materials Science and Engineering with Mechanical Engineering.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- The idea of engineering as a profession started with simple inventions such as the pulley and the wheel. These inventions are constant with the modern idea of engineering, which involves exploiting basic principles of mechanics to create useful items. Engineers, or constructors of the future, have been around for countless years. In the Ancient Era, masterpieces of engineering include the Parthenon, Roman aqueducts, the pyramids of Egypt, and the Great Wall of China. These marvels of history were designed by earlier civil en/gineers.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
1641 words (4.7 pages)
- Codes and Standards are associated with the rules and regulations of the art, science, and practice of mechanical engineering. These rules cover a breadth of topics, including pressure technology, elevators / escalators, construction, nuclear plants, engineering design, performance testing, and standardization. Volunteer engineers, scientists, government officials, and others contribute to the rules that protect public safety, while utilizing their technical expertise to reflect the best of their industry.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer, Design]
1298 words (3.7 pages)
- Advance, advance is the key word when describing the human race to prove that we are the superior race. Ever since the discovery of technology we have linked our minds together for the persistence of progress to modify the aspects all around us for the better. It’s amazing that a simple interest in the beginning will change everything down to a distinct thought. History has proven that the steps forward in technology within engineering have grown larger and are concluded at a more rapid rate and with in the last twenty years.... [tags: Engineering]
2215 words (6.3 pages)
- Picture the world without skyscrapers, bridges, and even transportation well without engineers that's the world we would live in. A great man by the name of Albert Einstein once said, “Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." It takes a very unique and skilled person to become an engineer; you have to be dedication to your passion to succeed. The word engineer actually comes from a Latin word meaning "cleverness". Engineering is known today as the art or science of making practical application of knowledge of pure sciences.... [tags: Engineering ]
1189 words (3.4 pages)