This about how to work with groups and other team members, most of the time it is hard to do but with our jobs nowadays we have to do what we have to do. I like working with others for the most part, especially when they are motivated in getting the job done in a timely manner. Then we have some that just don’t want to help but want everybody else to do their work for them.
Working in groups you will have to know who is who and what they like to do, and then you can do what it is that has to be done for that group. Group dynamics is when we interact with all groups involved with the project. (Chapter 1, pg 1 joining together; group theory and group skills 10th edition). With group dynamics we can learn about how a person thinks and work, if we can do that the group can function better with all parties involved. It is very important that we get to know everyone in the group, so that everyone knows their place within it. Knowledge is power and we all need power when working with a group.
Interdependence is good to have when working with a group, because if one person cannot do something then someone else may be able to handle that problem. Interdependence is power and when working with a group that is what we need. Most of the time you can influence someone to do something and then they can do the same thing to another person. Power is what you need when you work with others. If a person has social skills and like to work with people then they will do just fine in a group. Social interdependence becomes positive interdependence when members of the group determine that the group’s goals will be reached if everyone within the group has the ability to reach their goals as well. This idealistic thinking can promote a ...
... middle of paper ...
... way, and she needs to talk to her foster grandmother about it. I told the grandmother that she needs some counselor for some therapy. The little girl was only ten at the time of her mother’s death, and when she came home from school she found her house on fire and her mom on the inside.
When working with teams you should make sure that all of the workers are someone that you can trust with the work that has to be done. Working in teams is very hard but that is something that we all have to do at one time or another if we want to keep our jobs for a time period. I have went through a lot of different things on some of my jobs but through it all I have come out on top and I do think that it has made me a better person from it.
Chapter 1, pg 1 joining together; group theory and group skills 10th edition
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Team Dynamics and Conflict Resolution in Work Teams Teams are groups of people who work together to achieve a common goal (Learning Team Handbook, p 310). Workplace teams are increasing as businesses find the yield of team productivity and creativity exceeds individual productivity/creativity. To promulgate productive teams, businesses have had to identify common threads for successful teams. Businesses have identified the dynamics and needs of successful teams. Seven tasks must be included in consideration of team dynamics and structure.... [tags: Team Group Work Communication]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- Corporation is not all that easy. Sometimes you have to deal with being yelled at. You might have to work with someone you don't like. There are many things you have to deal with when you are on a team or you are at work. You can't always be with the people you like you have to cooperate Have you ever been forced to be on a team with someone you don't like or care for all that much. If you have been I would love to hear about every last bit of it, from the beginning to the end. I was put on a team when I was younger.... [tags: corporation and cooperation]
588 words (1.7 pages)
- Before any step about how motivation and team work should improve in Walmart, I would like to introduce the company to the readers. Those who visit one of our 11,000 stores or talk to one of our 2.2 million employees in 28 countries around the world will hardly imagine that it all started just over 50 years ago. Everything started in 1962 at a small city called rogers in the middle of Midwest in the state of Arkansas. There was Sam Walton, one very knowledge trader with 44 years old. He began the story of what is now the largest retail network in the world.... [tags: Maslow's hierarchy of needs, Motivation, Wal-Mart]
2290 words (6.5 pages)
- Team Work in Business At the beginning of eighteen century, high quality products of Japan started occupying the world market rapidly. The success story of Japanese companies made American companies surprise and curious, then American soon found that team work was one of the keys for Japanese companies’ success. For two hundred years, team work has been widely applied successfully in business and it is considered as an important element in helping companies to work more effectively.... [tags: Business Team Leadership Communication]
1833 words (5.2 pages)
- Team Work This about how to work with groups and other team members, most of the time it is hard to do but with our jobs nowadays we have to do what we have to do. I like working with others for the most part, especially when they are motivated in getting the job done in a timely manner. Then we have some that just don’t want to help but want everybody else to do their work for them. Working in groups you will have to know who is who and what they like to do, and then you can do what it is that has to be done for that group.... [tags: Relationships]
2095 words (6 pages)
- Team Work Scenarios Learning Team Each team should respond in paragraph form to the questions that follow the scenarios presented below. Any disagreements or complications that occur within the team regarding the correct response should be noted in the Learning Team Reflection Worksheet for the week. SCENARIOS Duty-based (Deontological): 1. Donna was wrong for setting rules for the team without any input from Michael. He is not going to follow the rules if there was no buy-in on the rules. Donna and Michael should renegotiate the rules together and come up with a set of rules with which both are comfortable.... [tags: Ethics Team Working Together Essays]
454 words (1.3 pages)
- A Team's Purpose Whether it’s in academia, in business, in sports or in family, teams can play a significant role in the success of a purpose. In academia, teams come together to complete learning projects. In sports, teams are formed to win championships. In business, teams may be created to meet a specific objective. Men and women marry, have children and become teams within their community with goals specific to their core values. One common denominator that all these teams require for success is effective communication.... [tags: Team Work Communication Leadership]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- Effective Team Communication In the environment today, it is not unusual to see people working in teams to accomplish certain goals and tasks. During our youth, parents and teachers encourage us through various methods to work as part of a team. Whether a sports team, classroom team, or after school activities, parents and teachers and other authority figures start the introduction of working in teams and teaching the value of being able to work together to accomplish a common goal. As people progress through the various stages of their lives, everyone continues to strive to communicate.... [tags: Organization Communication Team Work]
1791 words (5.1 pages)
- In this paper I will discuss how a team/group can become a high-performance team/group, examine the demographic characteristics and culture diversity and the impact on the team/group behavior. I will also describe how demographic characteristics and cultural diversity contribute to or detract from high-performance groups or teams. What is a team/group. A team/group is a group of people who form together to complete a mutual goal such as a presentation, paper, discussing a topic or creating a new design.... [tags: Team Work Group]
1149 words (3.3 pages)
- Managing Individual Performance The steps a team leader takes to select workable teammates for a project can be challenging and frustrating task. The concepts of team building have been evaluated for many years by psychologists, psychoanalysts and researchers such as Carl Gustav Jung, Abraham Maslow, mother and daughter Katherine Briggs and Isabel Myers-Briggs. The simulation is based on research performed by Myers-Briggs, Abraham Maslow and Carl Jung which deals with organizational structure and individual team member personality traits and how it affects individual/team morale and productivity.... [tags: Team Work Group]
1765 words (5 pages)