After the parent contacted coach via email, the basketball coach responded back saying it wasn’t an option and there was nothing that could be done to resolve the issues. If the student couldn’t play in Friday night games, he would be removed from his starting position. We also are aware of the email from the athletic director that backs the coach and thinks the parent is crazy. The athletic director has already called the state office and told employees there to not take this parents phone call in order to discuss the issue. The athletic director was also going to make sure that it the parent wouldn’t be able to get into contact with the school board as well. A similar situation occurred in a school in California where a child who was also Jewish couldn’t play on the original game nights and that school was able to get the dates changed so that this student was able to play basketball. The parent of the student at Wellington has also volunteered to call the school’s that are in the same league as Wellington to see if they would be willing to change their basketball schedules so no games are played on Friday night. Due to the coaches and athletic director’s responses to the parent, they are planning on obtaining a lawyer to seek legal advice.
... middle of paper ...
...e matter. I would remind staff that it is our job to support all of our students and help this achieve their highest potential. I would also remind them that this won’t work unless everyone is supportive of the student. I would also give each educator some tips on how to address a parent who is angry or is wanting you to do something that you may not necessarily have the answer too. I would give scenarios of when they should get administration involved and how to appropriately respond to parents especially via email. I would also provide teachers with what is acceptable and what aren’t scenarios.
I would also provide professional development during the school year over all of the ethnic backgrounds that are in our school building to help ensure faculty members understand all of our students and what can be done to provide a supportive and understanding environment.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Chicago Bulls, they have gone through many stages of success, including six championships with Michael Jordon’s Bulls. Michael Jordon in fact is the reason why most people know about the Bulls. The Bulls though do run deeper than just Michael Jordon, because before Jordon came to the Bulls the Bulls had to come to the NBA. The Chicago Bulls are one of the most memorable and historic professional basketball teams in history. The Bulls joined the National Basketball Association in 1965. Before this the Bulls had been known as the Chicago stags, the stags had been one of the best teams in the Business Basketball Association since 1946 and even played one season in the NBA before they folde... [tags: basketball, team, memorable]
2190 words (6.3 pages)
- My journey on the basketball team Joining anything comes with a struggle, such as fitting in or trying to be the best. Basketball is a prioritized sport in my family. I always knew that as soon as I hit junior high it would be time to fulfill my family’s prophecy of joining a basketball team. I was not too thrilled of the thought at first. I decided to talk to some of my friends to get their view on it. Most of their responses were negative. I remember my best friend at the time had told me, “You can’t even do your hair and cut your nails, how are you going to play basketball”.... [tags: High school, Basketball, Middle school]
1294 words (3.7 pages)
- It was 5 years ago, my eighth-grade year, I was scared and nervous about being the youngest girl on the high school basketball team. I had played basketball since I was in first grade and played on competitive teams with older girls but nothing had prepared me for what I was walking into. We started our first day of practice at 6:30 a.m. on a chilly October morning. Coach Gray sat us down before practice and went over all the many rules he had set for our team. After hearing all these rules and consequences I did not even want to breathe wrong around him.... [tags: Basketball, Game, Aerosmith, Figure 8]
763 words (2.2 pages)
- Scenario A California local basketball team called Richmond Oilers is the worst team in which no players exhibit any respect to each other and have no discipline to act. They only won 4 games last season and lost the rest of all games. With the retirement of the former coach, Ken Carter, who played for this school in 70s and held several school record, takes over the head coaching job position. Upon the arrival, he obligates that all players who want to stay in the team must sign in a contract with him which states that they must meet the academic success by attending to all classes, sit in the front row, wear dress shirts and ties on game days and no late to the practice.... [tags: Motivation, Basketball, Coach Carter, High school]
1977 words (5.6 pages)
- The Brasillia Wizards “The national basketball team of Brazil and its players are well respected in this sport on an international level.”1 The NBA would do well to expand and send the Washington Wizards to Brazil. With a population of 194.9 million5, a GDP of $2.3 trillion5 and world ranking of 1008 and the sport of basketball ranking 3rd just behind football (soccer) and volleyball in popularity,1 this would be a great move for the NBA. Other than the tension placed on our relationship with them by the NSA scandal.... [tags: currancy, scandal, sport, basketball]
585 words (1.7 pages)
- Although I have not considered myself an outsider in many circumstances, I can think of some certain situations where I have felt different or left out in some way. Many times going to a new school or joining a new sports team causes you to feel a little overwhelmed. Taking on so many new things can lead you to feel quite out of place at times. When I decided to join the basketball team my freshman year of high school this was exactly the case. I had just began my freshman year which, is enough stress and struggle as it is.... [tags: High school, Basketball, Sports terminology]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- Throughout my high school career, I have participated in two Varsity sports: basketball and track. Basketball is the most important sport that I participate in out of the two because I enjoy it the most. I have been on Varsity in track ever since I started the sport Sophomore year. I run track to keep in shape and due to the other athletes in the sport. I have been playing basketball since fourth grade. It has become a major part of my life and has made me the person I am today. I have learned many life lessons from this sport and about being a team player.... [tags: High school, Basketball, Varsity team]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- When I was just getting into high school, I jumped around groups a lot because there was not really cliques in high school. The one group that I was in was the football and basketball team group. We also all went to same parties and pretty much went every where in the school with someone from our group. Although all of us had the same physique whenever I noticed myself getting out of that certain physique which was having cut arms and abs. I would force myself to hit the gym and workout to get that physique every day.... [tags: High school, College, Homework, Basketball]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- Every time you step on to the court its a challenge. Not only an individual challenge, but a team challenge to be the best. This is for the best two sports in the world, football and basketball. The glory of winning, but the agony of losing, is what separates the champs from contenders. There are truly two of sports we highlight in today culture. They are so popular that you see them all over the world, or maybe different version of them. There are truly die hard fans from not only these sports, but others world wide.... [tags: American football, Basketball, Ball]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- The Beginning of Basketball Have you ever had an interest in how something was invented. An interest in how your favorite activity or hobby came about. Ever since I was introduced to sports and how competitive it was, I became hooked. I enjoy playing football, basketball, and baseball. Of the three main sports that I play, basketball seems to be my favorite. It challenges endurance, speed, accuracy, agility, and strength. I feel guilty not knowing who created the game that takes up most of my free-time.... [tags: History Basketball]
1192 words (3.4 pages)