Furthermore, by getting familiar with my students different ways of receiving new information, I can be creative with how I deliver the materials that they need to learn. I would not be surprise if I encounter students in the future who are visual learner, auditory learner, kinaesthetic learner, or tactile learner. Since visual learners learn best by seeing, then one way to stimulate my students mind to focus on the lecture material is to start off with a video that relate to the learning material. Not only would the visual learners benefit from the video presentation, but also my students who are auditory learners, since they prefer listening when they are receiving new information. On the other hand, if I have students who are kinaesthetic-tactile learners, then I will courteously ask them to write notes and data that are valuable while they are watching the video. In that sense, they will not be bored by just watching the video that I am presenti...
... middle of paper ...
...Greczi, 2014). That being said, my students will achieve a reasonable amount of learning by helping one another through cooperative learning. In addition, cooperative learning helps students face criticism and criticize other students’ ideas (Greczi, 2014). Based on my own experience, I come across people who have a hard time trying to face criticisms from other people. As a teacher, I am responsible to create a learning environment where every student can bravely face criticisms from other student and at the same time giving criticisms to others. Because cooperative learning develops skills stated earlier, I believe that my students would benefit from my class if they learn how to manage and correctly appreciate criticisms. In summary, cooperative learning is one way I can help my students develop their interpersonal skills and building relationships to each other.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Paideia Proposal was created by Mortimer J. Adler to overcome elitism in the school system and replace it with a true democratic system. The Paideia Proposal aims to improve the quality of schools in America and to make education available to all students (Adler, 1984). To meet student individual needs educators need to adjust their instructional teaching strategies (Nolen, 2003). Educators need to be aware of how their students learn and how to meet the needs of their students. The potential benefits of using the Paideia Proposal in schools is to meet the purpose of education, understand students’ learning styles, and use instructional elements to meet those needs of student’s.... [tags: Education]
2111 words (6 pages)
- The study of history depends heavily on the way it is written. Events in history have been conveyed in many different forms, some being more factual, while others contain a story within the facts in order to spark an interest for the reader. The different styles of writing and the way you retain the information can facilitate or debilitate the quality of the information remembered and the quantity of information remembered. The opening lines of Erik Larson's The Devil in the White City create a picture of the era.... [tags: history teacher, history education ]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- First year students must use strategic or surface learning tools than later on their studies develop deep learning to achieve a better outcome in their university courses. Therefore this essay will be informative on how surface learning for first year students are more effective and efficient in their studies, while they can later on develop deep learning or other more useful learning tools to be successful in the long term for university studies. Consequently using these tools academic success will be excelled.... [tags: Students, Teaching, Learning, Education]
907 words (2.6 pages)
- People learn in different ways, but usually, for each particular person, there is one way that is the best way for them. Often that particular way of learning also helps them excel. The most basic ways people learn are visual (by seeing something), by hearing something (audio), some people learn by doing (or by touch), some learn best by working in cooperative groups, and some people learn best by working individually. But many times people learn as they go along in the process of what they are doing.... [tags: Education, teaching, teachers]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- Diversifying Teaching Styles to Meet the Needs of All Learners When researching about education, one often finds a great deal of literature and information about learning styles. Educators spend countless hours studying their students in order to find out how they learn best. All students have needs when it comes to how they learn and educators must be able to meet those needs in order to promote successful learning in their classrooms. This (paper/article) will focus on teaching strategies and how to vary them so that each learning style preference is addressed, therefore increasing the level of achievement of each student and making learning a successful outcome in the classroom.... [tags: Education Learning Students School Essays Papers]
2186 words (6.2 pages)
- All people perceive and process information differently. As students progress through their years in school, they are able to discover what methods allow them to retain the most information. The key to learning is not simply repetition, but being able to understand a concept. That is how a student can be sure that he or she has truly learned something. Teachers must be able to accommodate their students by tailoring their methods of teaching and materials. Different teaching styles obviously suit different learning styles, and no one teaching style can be effective for all learning styles.... [tags: Education]
2007 words (5.7 pages)
- At some point in each individual persons life they attend some type of school, class or learning facility. Whether it is at school, home or any other place that one would be taught a subject or lesson. While attending a class or lecture each person that is their to learn will grasp the concept of the lesson in a different way and gain a different amount of knowledge and understanding on the topic no matter what. This reason being is every one has a different way of learning. Just as each individual is different in their own way they also have a different way of gaining information from a source.... [tags: 7 learning styles, visual learners]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- 1.0 Introduction We are living in a technology-based world. Day by day, the world we live in is developing in various aspects without fail. Along with that, trend in education has been developing to cater for the best of the students. This clearly means that trends in the education system are always changing from time to time. The modernized world has changed people’s perception on how they look at the current trends in education. Speaking about trends, what do we understand about trends. According to Erlendsson (2003) trend in short means ‘a regular change in data over time’.... [tags: Essay on Learning Styles]
1404 words (4 pages)
- Individual Learning Styles The purpose of this research paper is to examine learning styles theories to determine if teaching students to use their own particular learning style can help ail them in increased educational success. The learning style aspect consists of six key areas including brain processing, sensory modalities, physical needs, environmental preferences, social aspects, and attitudes. Besides the way a person operates, there are two other important factors that play a key role in effecting a person?s learning style.... [tags: Teaching Education School Essays]
3536 words (10.1 pages)
- Different Learning Styles Students have different ways to learn. Some people are hands on learners or visual learners. Teachers try to adapt the way they teach; to the way their students learn the best. The information that is being taught should be made fun so that the students remember the information. Schools are also using new technology to help students learn. Different learning styles have different effects on people. Different learning styles are the talk of many school districts from near and far.... [tags: Education Educating Learn Essays]
1370 words (3.9 pages)