When you become a teacher of any subject you use different styles of teachings that reflect you as a teacher and the lesson you are trying to teach. Sometimes it can be difficult to find what styles may work best in different situations. When teaching physical education the most helpful and beneficial styles are indirect, direct, and interactive teaching. These teaching styles are critical when trying to teach physical education because they are proven to be effective. These styles will help make you an effective teacher because of the way they allow you to control and manage the information being taught. When teaching physical education these styles when incorporate to your class make you a more affective teacher. These three styles allow you to accomplish different things in your class room and different types of teaching methods. These styles are important to not only know but to master, so you as a teacher can be effective.
Indirect teaching brings the class together and allows students to learn from each other and share knowledge as they learn. Indirect teaching by definition relies “instruction seeks a high level of student involvement in observing, investigating, drawing inferences from data, or forming hypotheses. It takes advantage of students' interest and curiosity, often encouraging them to generate alternatives or solve problems”(5). This kind of teaching strategy allows you to build a community in your class room by having your students speak and communicate to not only you but to other students. In physical education you may not be doing group projects or anything like that, but you can have group discussions because you will have students who know more about an activity or sport then others. Because ...
... middle of paper ...
...ng styles but to be able to master them so we can become better teachers. These styles when incorporated in your lesson make you a better teacher and allow for a successful classroom.
Dyke, K.. N.p.. Web. 23 Mar 2014. (1)
(5) (n.d.). Retrieved from http://olc.spsd.sk.ca/de/pd/instr/indirect.html
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When you become a teacher of any subject you use different styles of teachings that reflect you as a teacher and the lesson you are trying to teach. Sometimes it can be difficult to find what styles may work best in different situations. When teaching physical education the most helpful and beneficial styles are indirect, direct, and interactive teaching. These teaching styles are critical when trying to teach physical education because they are proven to be effective. These styles will help make you an effective teacher because of the way they allow you to control and manage the information being taught.... [tags: manage information, lesson, indirect teaching]
946 words (2.7 pages)
- In the world today, having qualified professionals in the physical education field is often overlooked. People do not give enough credit to these professionals when in reality they play one of the most important roles in a child’s life. Everyone who partakes in a physical education class as a student is able to look back at their personal experience, and form a conclusion as to if they thoroughly enjoyed it or not. This may be subconscious or discussed openly, but it does happen at some point or another in one’s lifetime.... [tags: physical activity, healthy lifestyle]
1148 words (3.3 pages)
- The main objective of any physical education teacher and class is to get the student physically active in order to help them become healthier. Healthy living is the end goal of an effective physical educator. This teacher can either teach specific workouts, games, just make them run around, or play specific sports in their class. The sport education model is a great way to instil this healthy living because not only does it help the students be physically active for that class, but if they find a sport they truly enjoy they can carry on playing that sport for the rest of their lives; thus continuing their healthy living.... [tags: PE, education, sports]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- ... After doing the VARK questionnaire, the summary of results indicates that the author has multimodal strategies. The author has visual score of 5, aural 2, read or write 5, and Kinesthetic 4. Based on the information, Multimodal strategies explain that the author has all four combinations of learning style which means that same material needed to present in several different modes. Many researchers have evaluated the learning strategies based on research and mostly they have found that 79% students preference was multimodal (Prithishkumar & Michael, 2014).... [tags: Learning styles, Education, Learning]
809 words (2.3 pages)
- All people perceive and process information differently. As students progress through their years in school, they are able to discover what methods allow them to retain the most information. The key to learning is not simply repetition, but being able to understand a concept. That is how a student can be sure that he or she has truly learned something. Teachers must be able to accommodate their students by tailoring their methods of teaching and materials. Different teaching styles obviously suit different learning styles, and no one teaching style can be effective for all learning styles.... [tags: Education]
2007 words (5.7 pages)
- At some point in each individual persons life they attend some type of school, class or learning facility. Whether it is at school, home or any other place that one would be taught a subject or lesson. While attending a class or lecture each person that is their to learn will grasp the concept of the lesson in a different way and gain a different amount of knowledge and understanding on the topic no matter what. This reason being is every one has a different way of learning. Just as each individual is different in their own way they also have a different way of gaining information from a source.... [tags: 7 learning styles, visual learners]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- A person that looks good always has the upper hand. Based on Langlois et. al (2000), physically attractive people are often treated favorably and are more well-liked by others (p. 644). It is of no surprise that a good-looking individual yields more benefits from everyday exchanges to workplace interactions in comparison to an unattractive individual. From luxury goods to glamorous jobs, it is often emphasized in many cultures and in the media that physical attractiveness can be very beneficial and important in a person’s life.... [tags: education, interaction, improvement]
2588 words (7.4 pages)
- Teachers have varying practices and methods, which they use to get across to their classes. Some of these strategies are more effective than others depending on where you are implementing them. Brainstorming, debates, discussion and group work are all examples of teaching strategies. There are, however factors or elements that are deemed to be the core aspect of a teacher. Theses aspects make them effective and capable at their job. A teacher needs to be able to identify and address the nature of learners and learning.... [tags: education, teaching, didactics]
1784 words (5.1 pages)
- ... While the exercises were the most important aspect of this portion of the class, there were a few students who did not fully participate, or did not put in full effort to actually achieve any benefit from the activity. I also noticed that only a couple of the students were following the directions and performing the exercises seriously and with proper form. This was a very positive learning experience for me, because it showed me the different types of students that are present in a classroom; especially in the type of classroom that demands kinesthetic learning and knowledge from the students.... [tags: Theory of multiple intelligences, Intelligence]
1345 words (3.8 pages)
- Before I start my final paper I would like to first take a minute and say that a lot of this class was review of different courses I have already taken. There are also different areas of the course that I am very familiar with because of personal experiences. However, there were a few areas that were very new to me and honestly helped me understand pervious classes. With that being said I with first talk about the teaching or instructional methods. . Research on the “teaching methods” or “instructional methods” result thousands of explanations of accomplishments – these are called methods.... [tags: information, teaching routine]
1092 words (3.1 pages)