To be honest, I never thought that I would score high in the nurturing perspective because I had the perception that the nurturing perspective was slightly feminine and for those who are highly emotional. However, when I read more about the perspective, it made sense that I fit under this category. About those who have a nurturing perspective, Pratt explains “…..instructors encourage their efforts while challenging students to do their very best by promoting a ...
... middle of paper ...
...a specific topic which is outside their piano lesson, I will look for resources for them.
Hewette (2002) explains “the nurturing educator works with other issues…in different contexts and different age groups, but the underlying attributes and concerns remain the same. Learners’ efficacy and self-esteem issues become the ultimate criteria against which learning success is measured, rather than performance-related mastery of a content body” (p.17). I agree with this statement and although I never thought about it before, this is exactly how I approach teaching my students.
Overall, the teaching perspective interpretation survey allowed me as a learner and a teacher to enhance my knowledge of the way I teach and how I teach it. It gave me information which I could relate to but ultimately allowed me to have a better understanding of what and how I teach.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Having different teaching styles are very important when instructing physical education to all the different ways students learn. Physical education is one of the most important classes because of the obesity factor throughout America today and if you can not motivate students to enjoy the game you are not doing you job right. There are many different kinds of teaching styles but for physical education the most important styles are direct, indirect, and interactive teaching styles. Each teaching style is used to help give a different perspective in the class and to allow different types of strategies to learn the technique in different ways.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Learning]
1472 words (4.2 pages)
- Introduction The objective of learning is to understand information intended to be learned. According to Brown (2000) learning styles is defined as the manner in which individuals perceive and process information in learning situations" (Journal of Studies in Education, 2012). Depending on one 's perspective, preferred learning styles help defined in multiple ways to get the most out of any learning or teaching experience. There are several ways to evaluate a person’s learning style, preference, and strategies that may be different from one person to the next.... [tags: Learning styles, Learning, Education]
747 words (2.1 pages)
- Developmental Psychologist believe that parenting styles have a great amount of influence on the development. There are three major parenting styles: authoritative, authoritarian, and permissive. Parenting styles affect how a child responses, self-esteem, behavior, academic success, and happiness. The styles have different characteristics and ways of raising and teaching of children, this will show you which type of parent you are. Authoritative parenting is known as the most “effective and beneficial” parenting style (Bianca Mgbemere and Rachel Telles, 12/10/2013).... [tags: Parenting styles, Parenting, Childhood]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- Learning Styles Annotated Bibliography with Additional Resources Chris D. Ceary Stevenson University Annotated Bibliography Alghasham, A. A. (2012). Effects of students learning styles on classroom performance in problem-based learning. Medical Teacher 34 (Suppl. 1), S1 4-9. doi: 10.3109/0142159X.2012.656744 The researchers examined a practical application of Felder’s learning style theory, which explores the varying ways learners take in and handle information. The styles are based on different arrangements of conflicting dimensions.... [tags: Learning styles, Educational psychology, Gender]
1189 words (3.4 pages)
- The Australian Education system is full of diversities from subject selection, student’s background and teaching styles. It is important as a teacher within this system to uncover and accept your own diversities and styles of teaching; by accepting and becoming comfortable with these you are in a better position to accommodate the needs of your students and the curriculum. As we grow as teachers so may our principles and beliefs about teaching also grow allowing for change and flexibility within our personal styles.... [tags: Education, English language, Curriculum]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- Understanding Learning Styles Corey Young College 100 American Public University Heidi McNally Understanding Learning Styles The twenty-first century the exponential increase in technology has allowed people to have unprecedented access to seemingly limitless information unlike any other time in human history. Today people from all corners of the globe now have the ability to harness a vast sea of resources at their very fingertips. One of the byproducts of the technological revolution has been the dramatic increase in online, or distance learning, from perspective students looking for a more flexible option to pursue higher education.... [tags: Education, Learning, Intelligence]
1616 words (4.6 pages)
- Teachers have varying practices and methods, which they use to get across to their classes. Some of these strategies are more effective than others depending on where you are implementing them. Brainstorming, debates, discussion and group work are all examples of teaching strategies. There are, however factors or elements that are deemed to be the core aspect of a teacher. Theses aspects make them effective and capable at their job. A teacher needs to be able to identify and address the nature of learners and learning.... [tags: education, teaching, didactics]
1784 words (5.1 pages)
- These past seven have whizzed by quicker than (insert metaphor), and it 's hard to believe that I am one fourth of the way through my sophomore year. This class has been without a doubt my favorite class I have taken at Concordia so far. At the beginning of the semester I was overwhelmed looking through all of the assignments that the eight weeks entailed, and was not too excited about taking the class online instead of on campus. However, I quickly discovered that I loved sharing my thoughts and ideas on the discussion board, and enjoyed reading the various insights my peers had to offer.... [tags: Education, Intelligence]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- First year students must use strategic or surface learning tools than later on their studies develop deep learning to achieve a better outcome in their university courses. Therefore this essay will be informative on how surface learning for first year students are more effective and efficient in their studies, while they can later on develop deep learning or other more useful learning tools to be successful in the long term for university studies. Consequently using these tools academic success will be excelled.... [tags: Students, Teaching, Learning, Education]
907 words (2.6 pages)
- Socrates and Luke are both considered to be great educators. They have both influenced countless people with their teachings. However, comparing the two is slightly strange since Socrates is the subject of the story, which is told by Plato, and Luke is the teller of the story of Jesus. A comparison can be made between the two as Socrates is a great teacher while Plato is mostly silent and Luke, while not overly prevalent in the his story can be compared to other accounts of the story of Jesus among which his by far the most didactic.... [tags: essays research papers]
1226 words (3.5 pages)
- Consent For A Treatment On A Person
- Solving The Forbearance Problem : How Students Can Be Relieved On The Problems Associated With Forbearances
- An Organization Structure Of An Organisation
- Hospital Sketches By Louisa May Alcott
- The Reasons For The Rise Of Housing Prices
- Financial Reporting Standards Between Government And Business Enterprises