... middle of paper ...
...and something I get angry and sometimes refuse to even attempt to complete what I am doing. I need to have a positive attitude even when I don’t understand things and use my self-awareness to find help in other people. The last thing I need to work on is managing my stress levels as well as managing my time. I manage my time fairly well in that I set allotted time when to study and when to go to the library however I do not manage my time well when it comes to studying for tests. I have time allotted to do class work but do not set a good amount of time aside or studying for tests. Stress management has been a big issue of my since I arrived at college because I get stressed out easily. I can manage my stress levels by going to the reboot center which is a stress relieving center or I can continue to go to the gym because that relieves a huge amount or stress for me.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Each individual has different learning mode and preference. By knowing the learning style helps the student to understand better and improve their grades. To identify the learning strategies, Fleming designed the VARK questionnaire to way help the users to understand their learning style. VARK tool created for students to use for their studying habits to improve their study time and receive better grades. Basically it has sixteen questions which generate the closet learning style. These questions need to be answered truly and correctly to recognize learning style.... [tags: Learning styles, Education, Learning]
809 words (2.3 pages)
- Some educational systems have already begun to make use of learning styles, yet there is surprisingly little research on the benefits for it. While there is a significant amount of research on theories about learning styles, studies which have actual measurable data are few and far between. Even the conclusions of the existing research are "equivocal at best and deeply contradictory at best". [cite] One such study was able to demonstrate that accommodating all learning styles "created a learning environment in which a student 's learning style did not affect the student 's course grade"[cite].... [tags: Education, Learning styles, Learning]
1191 words (3.4 pages)
- There are almost as many individual learning styles as there are students in schools. Everybody learns in a different way and their learning styles do not always align with their teacher’s teaching style. The best way to vary how you learn and absorb information is to take many different classes. This will ensure variety among the teaching styles that you experience because no one teacher will teach in the same way as another one. Knowing your learning style is important to your success as a student regardless of the learning environment you are in.... [tags: Learning styles, Education, Learning]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- All people perceive and process information differently. As students progress through their years in school, they are able to discover what methods allow them to retain the most information. The key to learning is not simply repetition, but being able to understand a concept. That is how a student can be sure that he or she has truly learned something. Teachers must be able to accommodate their students by tailoring their methods of teaching and materials. Different teaching styles obviously suit different learning styles, and no one teaching style can be effective for all learning styles.... [tags: Education]
2007 words (5.7 pages)
- The term learning styles is based on the assumption that individuals differ in regards to what mode of instruction is most effective for them. Educational practitioners have long stressed that optimal instruction requires diagnosing these individual styles and designing instruction accordingly. It is based on two fundamental flaws that I give the following rebuttal: 1) there appears to be no credible scientific evidence establishing learning styles exist (Riener & Willingham, 2010), and 2) assuming , it must be therefore true that people can learn in a variety of ways outside of one particular learning style.... [tags: Education, Learning, Learning styles, Knowledge]
1127 words (3.2 pages)
- As a teacher, my goal every day is to try and have my lesson reach all of my learners. This is not an easy task, as some students are NF’s, others are NT’s, some are SJ’s and others are SP’s. They also all have different learning styles in which they best learn through. According to Phillips, “students will be engaged if they are in their learning style 25% of the time” (2001). This can be extremely difficult to manage, because there are so many different learning styles. It can be easy to fall into a routine of teaching students using the method that is the easiest for me to learn by, but I need to remember that we are all unique individuals.... [tags: Education, Learning styles, Teacher, Want]
1179 words (3.4 pages)
- Generally speaking, Mullock’s research paper is easy to follow and understand. At the very first stage of reading the article, I found quite confused with the way which the writer presented her points. Yet, the more I read the article, the clearer and more logical her points became. She studied an issue that has been perennial topic of discussion in any educational context, so the title drew attention at the first time of reading. The interest was heightened as reading through the article. As obviously showed on the paper, there was a change in today students’ perceptions of what constitutes a good language teacher compared to those of students in the past.... [tags: language, education tsol]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- Everyone has different learning styles. Learning styles are important because they help you better understand materials in classes. They are there to guide you and become a better student. Learning styles help you better grasp the material and better process it through your brain. When learning you want to do what is most beneficial for you. That is why there is many different learning styles to suit every person. There is three different types of learning styles categorized. The first learning style is auditory.... [tags: Education, Learning styles, Kinesthetic learning]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- This reflection will take a look at the Webquest I created for the Benchmark Assignment. It will address the academic concepts covered, different teaching strategies and learning styles, as well as why I think the WebQuest represents best practices for teaching social studies and how my mentor teacher’s practices influenced the design of the project. When I started this project I knew that I wanted to talk about the three branches of the United States government. I felt that it directly tied into the current events, as we are coming up to the end of our own presidential election.... [tags: Teacher, Education, United States]
1042 words (3 pages)
- One way to support my students in the classroom is to be familiar with their learning styles. Not all students learn the same way in a classroom. By knowing and getting familiar with the students learning styles, I would know how I will deliver my lessons and lectures that will accommodate each student learning styles. In class, we discuss about the VAKT (Visual, Auditory, Kinaesthetic, and Tactile) Learning Modalities that filters how students learn best and how they can connect new information to old information (Greczi, 2014).... [tags: classroom, emotions, cooperative learning]
859 words (2.5 pages)