Teaching has a huge place in my heart. Teaching has a variety of different meaning. Teaching a classroom means to guide them, love them, encourage them, push them, and always see the best in every student. The teaching process is when the teacher uses different teaching strategies to keep the students engaged. The teacher also must understand the students and where they come from. I feel like understanding your student’s culture and life will help you become a better teacher. I also believe that the teacher needs to know the subjects that they are teaching. As an educator motivating students is very important. If the students are not being motivated then they will not want to learn anything. Challenging students learning will the best part of teaching. I believe that being creative when challenging students will make them become more involved. Students learning abilities can be addressed through different activities. As an educator I believe that every teacher should address all the different learning styles so every student will be able to learn.
Learning means that a person is gaining knowledge in different areas. In a learning situation, the light bulb goes off. When a student is understanding the concepts of new material they are learning. During a learning session, a teacher teaches a lesson to the students and the students are learning as the teacher is going through it. The teacher presents the material in way all of the different learners in the class can understand it. The light bulb goes off when the students finally understand the lesson. That is most rewarding thing. When I helped in a class in high school I always helped a little boy and one day, after we had been working on hi...
... middle of paper ...
...t for themselves and I would write them down and display it in the classroom. I would keep them up all year so their classmates and I could hold them accountable.
I have set some really high goals for myself. My first goal is to graduate with an Elementary Education degree. Second, I want to find a job around the Decatur area. Once I get my first teaching job I want to find an older teacher that can help me along the way. I know my first year will be the most challenging year for me. I want to work in a Title one school for the first couple of years. When I get into my second year of teaching I want to begin working on my masters. I want to get my masters in Administration so one day I can become the principal of a school. My ultimate goal as an educator is to work in central office. There are many things I have to do first before I can achieve that dream of mine.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A teacher to me, is a person who has the ability to make every child that comes through their door, feel special and important. A teacher is so much more than an instructor or an educator. Students look to them as role models, they set the standard in how to act. A teacher uses their own experiences to guide children to discover themselves in a way in which they feel secure to do so. What children want and need may be very different. Children need an instructor that will allow them to grow intellectually, socially and emotionally.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Pedagogy]
774 words (2.2 pages)
- Getting to hear Ms. Beckley speak about teaching was a really great experience for me as a future teacher. Because she is an experienced elementary educator, I can learn a great deal from her experiences and stories to help me develop these skills when I an a full time educator in the classroom. A few of the ideas that Ms. Beckley talked about that were very helpful and interesting to me were, the ides about how to deliver bad news to parents, as well as not to forget about all the good students within your classroom.... [tags: Education, Learning, Skill, Teacher]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- To become an effective educator in mathematics, one must inspire students to have the drive and determination to learn and become engaged in various intellectual activities. Worthwhile tasks, engaging in discourse, the learning environment, and one’s analysis of the students’ learning all plays a role in how students engage in learn tasks and how an educator teaches. The first standard of the NCTM Professional Standards for Teaching Mathematics discusses worthwhile mathematical tasks. When trying to find a task that was engaging and meaningful to Third Graders for Gwen and my first math lesson, we used chocolate.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Question, Learning]
1412 words (4 pages)
- Teaching: Not Called to Teach but Inspired to Be an Educator Teaching can be a calling or it can be inspired by an event. Either way it is one of the noblest professions a person can endeavor to be. Teachers are often underpaid and overworked yet most of them would not change one moment of their teaching careers. Whatever calls a person to teach there can be several factors in place to pursue this emotional yet rewarding profession. This essay will briefly examine several dynamics of why a person may teach, their inspiration, grade level to teach, and personal characteristics needed to be a teacher.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Special education]
1099 words (3.1 pages)
- When you walk into a classroom, the first thing you will notice is the students. What are they doing. They might goofing off, working proactively with the teacher, actively engage in the lesson, working in groups to solve a problem the teacher game them, or disengage from the lesson. The second thing that someone will notice is what the teacher is doing. They might be dealing with constant misbehaviors, teaching a lesson that students are not engaged in, or teaching a lesson where students are actively participating and wanting to learn.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Teaching]
1389 words (4 pages)
- The Teaching Profession Becoming an educator, especially in recent years has been considered one of the most demanding yet rewarding professions in the work force today. Teaching, with its benefits and intellectual motives has risen to become one of the most sought after jobs in society. But even after taking such rewards into consideration, one might want to analyze how time consuming and emotionally draining teaching young people may turn out to be. Along with its rewards and demands, teaching is not only a potentially prestigious profession but also a very unique and sometimes life long career opportunity.... [tags: careers jobs education educator teacher]
1639 words (4.7 pages)
- A teacher’s role is to guide students in all aspects of knowledge. Not only does this include content in the classroom, but also knowledge of one’s self and society. Students are all very unique and need to be cared for and stimulated in the classroom in order to grow in all aspects of their character. As an educator, it is my desire to help students meet and go beyond their fullest potential, and give them access to infinite amounts of knowledge. When teaching in the middle level classroom, I believe it is not only important for the student to learn curriculum and information that they will carry on into higher grade levels, but it is equally important to teach them how to act as a person a... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, College]
1793 words (5.1 pages)
- :My college experience has been very eye opening and realizing that as a future educator I might be limited to what I can do and teach my students. A critical educator is someone that teachers critically to what they believe is best for them and for their students that not because someone teachers a certain way they also have to teach on the form. Understand that every person is different and that everyone learns at different rates and ways. A critical educator is the educator that creates critical thinkers that do not just to class because they are required but because they want to learn.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Critical thinking]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- By attending Southeastern Louisiana University, I have learned several different aspects that an educator must have to be effective. An effective educator must do whatever it takes to have their students succeed. Effective educators are passionate in everything they do. They are thoughtful and understanding. Effective teachers must have a well-managed classroom and are always prepared. They are willing to work collaboratively. They must engage their students every day and build a strong relationship with their students.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Lesson plan, Learning]
1426 words (4.1 pages)
- What does it mean to be an effective educator. Many people may ponder this question, because there are so many teachers in the world but are they all “effective teachers”. To be an effective educator, a teacher must be prepared for each day and every obstacle thrown at her. He/she must have a clear set of rules, procedures, and consequences to refer to. The teacher must explain in detail the rules, procedures, and consequences to the students on the first day of school and must also have a way of informing the parents of these.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Lesson plan, Learning]
907 words (2.6 pages)