Researchers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics say that t...
... middle of paper ...
(2010): ERIC. EBSCO. Web. 20 Feb. 2011.
"How Congress Spends Your Money." Federal Budget Spending and the National Debt. 17 Mar.
2011. Web. 17 Mar. 2011.
"Liberating Teachers: Toward Market Competition in Teacher Representation | Myron
Lieberman | Cato Institute: Policy Analysis." The Cato Institute. 28 Aug. 2002. Web. 14
O'Shaughnessy, Lynn. "The Best and Worst College Degrees by Salary - CBS
MoneyWatch.com." CBS MoneyWatch.com - Personal Finance Advice, Analysis and
Financial Planning. 21 July 2009. Web. 20 Feb. 2011.
"Teacher Pay Around the World - NYTimes.com." The Economy and the Economics of Everyday
Life - Economix Blog - NYTimes.com. The New York Times, 09 Sept. 2009. Web. 20
"Teachers, Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle, and Secondary." U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
02 Nov. 2010. Web. 21 Apr. 2011.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Lurking over our great country is a troubling issue that is plaguing the professional educational workforce. When compared worldwide, American teachers work the most hours, yet are paid in the lowest brackets when related to the top 32 nations (Teachers Pay). In addition, when you compare a teacher’s salary to other four year degree salaries, teachers are among the 5 lowest paid degrees (O’Shaughnessy). Not only are the salaries among the lowest in the American workforce, a typical teachers at home workload exceeds all other professional jobs by 20% (Current).... [tags: Education, philosophy of education]
2163 words (6.2 pages)
- Salaries for high School teachers with 15 years of experience and the minimum level of education and training required to be certified exceeded $40,000 in Denmark, Germany, Japan, and the Netherlands and exceeded $60,000 in Switzerland. The comparable salary for the United States was $35,000. With statistics like this, people wonder why anyone would want to be a teacher. Teaching isn’t for everyone. I personally tell people “you don’t understand why people would want to teach, unless you want to teach”.... [tags: Teacher, Education, School, High school]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- It is Time to Raise Teachers Salaries Offer me enough money, and I will do almost anything. Why. Because I can exchange money for goods and services, and I want goods and services. My willingness to ``do things' for money can be explained by the fundamental economics principle of supply and demand: without much exception, an increase in demand for a good or service increases the price of that good and service, and an increase in supply of a good or service decreases the price of that good or service.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Topics]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- Professional athletes have been paid to play a variety of sports in over the past hundred and fifty years. Most players can manage perfectly playing the sport they love while being paid over what an average government worker (policeman, fireman, and teacher), instead they are paid massive paychecks that many people would only dream of having. The salaries of professional athletes have drastically increased ten-fold in the past 50 years and show that they earn vast amount of wealth, which in most opinions can be absurd.... [tags: major league, NFL, massive wages]
530 words (1.5 pages)
- When I was in middle school I never thought that I would be choosing a career that would involve teaching; however, when I was in 9th grade I had an awesome math teacher, Bethany Allen, who would to inspire me to become a teacher. She encouraged and loved her students so well and was always there to help them become the best they could be. Because, of my 9th grade teacher I am trying to become a teacher for elementary students. Becoming a teacher has many high times. For example, when one finally sees a student get the material that they have been struggling with.... [tags: Teacher, High school, Education, School]
762 words (2.2 pages)
- Throughout my life, my teachers played a significant part on my life as I grow up. There are certain topics that are easier to talk to your trusted teachers compared to your friends and even your parents, which includes personal life and problems. It is sometimes harder to talk to about problems and personal life to your friends as most of them are unable to give good advices due to lack of experiences, or we fear getting judged or dislike by them. Teachers serve as most student’s second parent that they can easily open up to.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Private school]
1104 words (3.2 pages)
- How would your life be different if teachers never existed. Do you think you would be where you are today if it wasn’t for the assistance of teachers. I believe that teachers play the most important role in education. Without teachers, schools wouldn’t exist, children wouldn’t become educated, and many people wouldn’t be able to succeed in life. Teachers are the people that mold children’s minds and the future generations. One might think that since teachers play such a pivotal part of a person’s life, they should be paid a decent amount of money.... [tags: Teacher, Education, Profession, John Rawls]
1455 words (4.2 pages)
- Career Paper: High School Teacher In the following paper, the profession of a certified high school teacher will be explained along with an explanation of the career path and requirements needed. The perks and benefits of being a high school teacher will also be discussed. What Is It. High school teachers are individuals who work for schools and instruct students on typically one subject. Teachers also have the opportunity to coach sports as well such as baseball, soccer, golf, basketball, etc.... [tags: Teacher, Education, School, High school]
1345 words (3.8 pages)
- When choosing ones profession there are always two important questions to ask yourself. Is it what you love doing, and is the pay going to be enough to support you. For me the second question has never had much of an impact on my decision, along with most others who are educators or wish to become one. Teaching is not a job that one chooses to be rewarded by the pay. It is a job that is chosen for the rewarding feeling of knowing that it is the most effective, and most enjoyable way one can change the world; therefore, if teachers are noble enough to sacrifice such a huge aspect just to better our future generations, then don’t you think they should be paid what they deserve.... [tags: preparen children, education, future]
1668 words (4.8 pages)
- What is wrong with this picture. Are our priorities so mixed up. In today’s society, I feel that common hard working citizens such as firefighters, police, and teachers are being cheated out of the pay they are due, while actors and professional athletes only work half as hard, and get paid way more than them. It is important, in examining this issue, to consider the salaries, training, and dangers. Salaries for well-known professional athletes are among the highest received in the United States.... [tags: Police, Police officer, Constable]
1022 words (2.9 pages)