During the last three decades, our society has been modified through different elements. Beliefs, culture and values have suffered this change, too, and a very important agent has been identified as Technology. We are facing a new society, where Education and Knowledge look for strategies that can lead to a better situation. This new order makes everyone analyze everything that surrounds us, and consequently, it leads us to consider the future generations and their demands. Therefore, we have to think deeper finding that Teachers are an essential pillar in every culture. They are the responsible to teach our children, giving values and providing the necessary tools to be successful in today’s life. Tutors have to be in charge of educating these new learners and introducing them into the Knowledge’s Society. Thus, they will be promoting innovation, improvement, participation and inclusion. According to what it has been mentioned before, professors must be in continuing training and they have to update their knowledge. Every generation is different and the importance of renewing their methodologies is determining. A good teacher not only has to present a list of characteristics that represent what an excellent professional is, but also he or she has to integrate ICTs into the curriculum to create appropriate strategies to apply inside the classroom.
Chile is not exempted to these changes and to the relevance of updating the methodologies. In the report of MINEDUC, “Innovación y Calidad en la era digital, 20 años impulsando el uso de las TIC en la Educación” it is stated how, in 1992, an innovative project was created with a main objective, improving the existing Curricular Programs, providing didactic tools to Teachers and gave ...
... middle of paper ...
...t to integrate in my career as a Teacher. The professional I want to be is that one who is able to impact and create meaningful learning in their students with different tools. No matter the means of getting different results, while they are successfully achieved, even though, it will be much better if we put in practice these new resources that facilitate our task as Teachers.
• Tedesco, J.C. 2009. Educar en la sociedad del conocimiento. Fondo de cultura económica. México – Referencias del pedido: 370.98 T256e 2009
• CET – MINEDUC. 2012. Enlaces, innovación y calidad en la era digital 10 impulsando el uso de las TIC en la educación.
• Hargreaves, A. 2003. Enseñar en la sociedad del conocimiento, Editorial Octaedro. Barcelona. - Referencias del pedido: 371.102 H279t.E 2003
• Sanchez, J. 2003. Integración curricular de TICs. Conceptos y modelos
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... There was many less my grandmother instilled in me but the most important was her love for the intercity youth seeing the joy that she gained from showing the children love an teaching them she always said that all children can learn but only a special person can teach them. Ever since I was younger I wanted a big family to play with the little children and their favorite uncle. I know the teaching is the perfect career for me because I love children, I love being around them and feeding off their energy.... [tags: education, children union]
608 words (1.7 pages)
- For some, “Teacher” is simply a title to describe the person who teaches vocabulary words, a math formula, or who takes students outside to play on the playground. To others, a teacher may just be the person to whom they send their child every day, as a “highly paid babysitter”. However, to me, the word “teacher” invokes a sense of pride that rises up inside of me. Teachers are professionals who take it upon themselves to make sure that students have the resources needed to lead a healthy life, to make sure children are educated in order to be able to be successful in their future, and to make learning fun and enticing for children in order for them to retain information.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Need, Want]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Why I want to be a Teacher Throughout life many people mold and shape our lives, whether we know it or not, these are the people who make us the person we are today. I am talking about one person in particular. This one person alone touches many lives. Who is it you ask. Simply…a teacher. Ever since I can remember, I dragged my little sister and a next door neighbor into the family room and conducted my own class. I was quite successful. My sister was the only kid I knew who could say the Pledge of Allegiance at three and a half years old.... [tags: Education Teaching Teachers Essays]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- Why I Want to be a Teacher Like most people, I have a hard time thinking of one sole reason why I have chosen to become a teacher. There are so many rewards and benefits to the teaching profession that choosing one reason would be extremely hard if not impossible. Because of my family background and my past teachers I can not think of a better way to spend the rest of my life than being a teacher. I was born into a family of four children with two teachers as my parents. Throughout my younger years my mother took a few years off work and stayed home with my siblings and I while my father continued his job as the librarian at the local high school.... [tags: Teaching Teachers Education Essays]
1139 words (3.3 pages)
- Why I Want to be a Teacher When I heard that I had to come up with a philosophy paper on “why I want to be a teacher?” I thought I am never going to come up with something credible. This is really hard for me because I do not want to become a teacher. But it was assigned so this is what I came up with. I feel that I have been blessed both with good teachers and bad teachers during my career as a student. It had never really occurred to me though, that I have been a teacher for a long time myself.... [tags: Papers]
379 words (1.1 pages)
- Why I Want to be a Teacher School is a major part of our young lives. It is where we spend the majority of our time as youngsters. Children begin to develop relationships with people who have not been apart of their infancy. For someone who does not enjoy school, this could put a damper on their relationships with others as well as their learning achievements in life. This is why I want to become a teacher. I want to develop a learning atmosphere where children feel joy and security.... [tags: Education Teaching Essays]
1151 words (3.3 pages)
- Why I Want to be a Teacher As an elementary education major, I desire to become a teacher because I would like to give back to my community the education that has been bestowed upon me. My thoughts of becoming a teacher become increasingly more clear daily, as I love to work with children. The children and I seem to connect well, together. I think teaching is a part of my family’s heritage as most of my family have been teachers. Therefore, I feel teaching is the profession for me as well.... [tags: Teaching Education Essays]
492 words (1.4 pages)
- Why I Want To Be a Teacher Education is one of the most essential possessions in life. It is necessary for success, and it provides an enhanced future. I believe that people, who do not get an education, are uninformed as to what is going on in their surroundings. The disadvantage is that people can abuse you for your lack of knowledge. People need to be educated to communicate effectively with other people who might have distinct points of views than theirs. In other words, education makes you more open-minded and acceptable to other ideas, beliefs, and values.... [tags: Education Teaching Learning School Essays]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- I Want to be a Teacher When I was in high school, I worked as an aide in an elementary school during one period of the day. When I first began working there, I had second thoughts about choosing education as a career, but then I worked with Michael. One of my tasks was to listen to Michael read everyday and monitor his progress. Michael was a problem child who people tended to turn away from, but I was drawn to him. Michael became something of a project for me. I found that Michael would work very hard on his reading just because he sensed that I was interested in him, and, as a result, his reading began to improve.... [tags: College Admissions Teaching Philosophy]
701 words (2 pages)
- I Want to be an Art Teacher Have you ever been to a point in your life where there were to many decisions and not enough time. This is what happened to me in my senior year of high school. Throughout my teen years, I never discussed college with my family or did they with me. College for some reason was not on my agenda. Then I realized that I wanted to go to further my education. The reason I chose to go to college was that I am an artist, and felt that I needed to learn more about art techniques.... [tags: Teaching Educacion Admissions]
771 words (2.2 pages)