Teenage suicide is one of the worst misfortunes thinkable for the victims and their loved ones. When someone between the ages of fifteen and twenty four intentionally end their own lives that is considered to be teenage suicide. It is a serious health problem that can affect anyone today, and will continue to be a serious problem among teenagers. There are a numerous amount of causes or reasons why people decide to do this, but it is one hundred percent preventable. There is an amazing organization to prevent suicide that can be easily started in any school, so I would love to start one in a school near my area. It should be clear to all teenagers that suicide does not have to be the answer, and there are people willing to help if it is needed.
Teenage suicide is the third leading cause of death among people of the age fifteen to twenty four (Caruso). For something that is preventable at all costs that is a high ranking. It is a public concern because it could happen to anyone. If it does happen to someone, all the people around him or her can be negatively affected. Most people are uncomfortable with the topic of suicide (Suicide Prevention). But it is a topic that needs to be known because it is increasing. Simple things like watching for warning signs or making sure there is open communication can save a loved ones life (Caruso). It should stay a public concern because it is something that can happen to anyone but can be stopped with no trouble.
Thankfully I have never lost anyone to suicide, but that does not mean this subject should not be important to me. Since my friends and many people I love along with myself fall between the ages of teenage suicide, it could happen to anyone at anytime and would have a huge impac...
... middle of paper ...
...or the students.
It does not take a lot of money or time to help someone that has been affected by suicide, or who may be affected in the future. If you are helping or volunteering you will not be affecting anyone outside of the targeted population. Since this is not a controversial subject so it should not cause arguments or hurt anyone from outsiders as well.
Teenage suicide is a tough subject to talk about or deal with if you are close to someone affected. There can be several causes or warning signs to watch for because one experience may be different for every person. But since it is one hundred percent preventable, there are countless numbers of things that can be done to help. Suicide is something that can be easily stopped, so anyone can help out and make it known there is always people or places you can go to for help because suicide is never the answer.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Sixteen-year-old Andrea was told to stop and talk to her Math teacher after class. Andrea knew what was coming because her grades had been slipping in the last few months. After the teacher told Andrea she was planning to call her parents for a conference, she was filled with despair. Andrea never went to her next class. Instead, she went to the girl’s bathroom and using a nail file, slashed her wrist. Andrea was found by another student a half hour later and was rushed to the hospital. Andrea didn’t die, but she wanted to.” (McGuire 8) Before the mid-1970s, teen suicide appeared to be a rare happening.... [tags: Teenage Suicide Essays]
551 words (1.6 pages)
- Introduction Teen depression is a serious condition that can be a devastating problem for both the child and parent. It is a disorder that reduces their moods thus causing loss of interest in things they should enjoy and make them irritable. In this literature review we are going to examine the use of antidepressants to treat teen depression. It will also look at the risks of suicides increased as a result of taking antidepressants and the measures taken to reduce this problem. Can antidepressants use in Teenagers increase suicide rates/thoughts.... [tags: Teenage Suicide Essays]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- Suicide is a major problem worldwide, especially for teenagers. Self image plays a big roll in American society today, especially in enabling someone to make a wrong and destructive decision like suicide. Self image and low esteem effect the chances of a teenagers suicide greatly. There are many events that lead up to a young persons suicide, for instance a little problem that seems inescapable which manifests themselves into overwhelming burdens. Detection and prevention are both key for adults and young people to stop suicide from happening.... [tags: Teenage Suicide Essays]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- Life is the most wonderful thing God could ever give us. Throughout our lives we learn and experience new things as the years past. From learning to walk then talk all the way to learning how to take care of not only yourself but others. From experiencing loneliness, happiness and unconditional love. If life should be cherished why end it so soon. Suicide the most common way to get out of any hard situation that life throws at you. What exactly is the meaning of the word suicide. Well suicide is the act or an instance of taking one's own life voluntarily and intentionally especially by a person of years of discretion and of sound mind.... [tags: Teenage Suicide Essays]
1174 words (3.4 pages)
- Teen Suicide Suicide is a growing problem in American culture. Sadly, teens are affected the most. Teen suicide is increasing rapidly. “About 5,000 teens in the United States kill themselves each year” (Peacock, 4). Suicide among teens is a serious and devastating crisis. More teens are taking their lives today than ever before. Teen suicide does not affect one specific type of teen; it affects any type of teen. There are a variety of reasons teens resort to committing suicide. Many people are working for the prevention of teen suicide.... [tags: Teenage Suicide Essays]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- Death, in itself, is a tragedy. The loss of a loved one is always difficult no matter what position in life one has lived. Death touches everyone, no matter how much power, wealth, or prosperity one has witnessed in a lifetime. Not a single person on this earth desires to truly pass on in life, but in recent times the numbers of teenagers committing suicide has skyrocketed. More teens are taking their life now more than they have in the last decade; so why are they claiming their lives now. As studies have shown, several reasons exist for why teens are committing suicide in this time and age.... [tags: depression, bully, stress]
627 words (1.8 pages)
- The number of teenagers requesting and having cosmetic surgeries has increased dramatically over the last decade. According to American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) statistics, 63,623 cosmetic surgical procedures were performed on people age 13-19 in 2013. Very few studies examine the risks and complications of these surgeries on adolescents. Teenage cosmetic surgery is known as surgery that modifies or improves the appearance of a physical feature, irregularity, or defect, performed on teens aged between 13 and 19.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Breast implant, Surgery]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- “Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time,” said by Steven Wright. Teenagers look forward to their sixteenth birthday so they are able to drive. Everyone has felt that feeling where they can hardly wait to get behind the wheel and start driving. Little do people know teen drivers are more likely to die from a car accident than from a homicide, suicide, or cancer combined (Littlefield). They are mostly inexperienced with the road and how to handle distractions. If the age were moved to eighteen teenagers would have more driving experience (Sostarecz).... [tags: Teen Drivers, Distractions, Peer Pressure]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
- Obesity is one of the leading causes of death in the world; in fact, it is responsible for 300,000 adolescent deaths each year. From 1980 to 2000 alone, teen obesity rates went up 10 percent. Although obesity does not seem like a big dilemma, it is a problem that’s growing every year, affecting children and their lives. Teenage obesity can result from many factors and prove hazardous to a person’s health, yet it is controllable with proper treatment and care. Although there are many cases of teen obesity, not all of them are related.... [tags: Health]
847 words (2.4 pages)
- Exploring Suicide The natural end of every human life is death. Some people, for reasons that have never been fully understood, choose to end their own lives. This is called suicide, which means literally ?self-killing?. For all the uncertainty that has surrounded the phenomenon of suicide, this assessment of the problem is probably as accurate as any. The individual seemingly hopeless conflict with the world, decides to end his or her existence in what amounts to a final assault against a society that can no longer be tolerated.... [tags: Papers Death Depression Killing Essays Life]
3192 words (9.1 pages)