We want to be parents, but sadly our diseases won’t allow us to have healthy children. Imagine that doctors can remove the debilitating illness genes babies by using procedures like PGD (Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis), and enabling you to have any babies without worrying about their lifetime. Would we take a change? Most people would say yes, providing that they know the technique is safe and wouldn’t produce any superpower mutants. In fact, Pre- Implantation genetic diagnosis, or PGD allows doctors to screen embryos for the presence of genetic defects before they are implanted into a woman's uterus. By that, unborn children can be modified their genes to change appearance, cleverness, resistance to disease. On the other hand, people debate about designer babies, about how we against nature and how this could affect our society? In my opinion, the idea of designer babies is beneficial to our society.
The designer baby is a new hope for many families. Parents can satisfy anything for their children, even time, money, health and life. Looking children suffer from diseases and disabilities would be parents’ punishment. In addition, many diseases are heritage from generation to generation, such as cystic fibrosis, Huntington’s disease, Down syndrome, Duchene muscular dystrophy, celiac, Noonan syndrome and cancer. All of them cannot cure completely and follow children forever. Moreover, children with genetic diseases would have to spend their lives in hospital, and would miss school, playground and childhood. However, PGD allows doctors to remove disabilities genes from embryo and create a new healthy life. If it gives children better future, would we say no? According to the article “Introduction to Designer Bab...
... middle of paper ...
...ngerous game to play and included unpredictable risks but this is promising and worthy to try. However, designer babies bring a new hope to many families, a solution to pollution and future. People will debate about PGD’s ethical and liberty for long, but the value of technique has estimated and proved. Therefore, scientists do not have a power of God, but they have brave and power of knowledge. If they can ensure designer babies’ benefits, what stop us to say yes?
• “Introduction to Designer Babies: At Issue” (Designer Babies, 2013)
• “The Missing Girls of India”, by Chis Smith from The Washington Times, September 16, 2013
• “Preface to “Genetic Enhancement of Human Abilities”” by Sally Deneen, from “Designer People,” E/The Environmental Magazine, January 2001
• “Human Genetic Engineering Is a Good solution to Climate Change,” Genetic Engineering 2013
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Through research, design and creation of unique baby items, a business can spring forth and give hope to many people in need. ”Unique Babies” was created to reach parents and grandparents by first capturing their attention with the ‘awe’ factor adorable baby clothes tend to cause. The task of creating a business like this is larger than one may realize. It requires not only gaining knowledge of the needs of the children and how to create the business itself, but how to design the items that will become a part of it.... [tags: Business, Babies, Autism]
2147 words (6.1 pages)
- Genetically engineered babies also known as “Designer Babies” are children that are modified to your wants and desirer in what you want your child to look like. Typically women only use this procedure if they are infertile. The women decide what hair, eye color, or gender the baby is by doing this procedure. In this essay, I will explain how they’re made, the different religious debates about it, and why you shouldn’t do it. Genetic engineering allows infertile women with genetic defects in their mitochondria to have children.... [tags: desinger babies, religious, infertile, god]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Horrned Lizard When you think of an ecosystem, you might think of lush forests, or wide oceans, abundant with wildlife. However, the Saguaro desert is unique in its own way. Hidden amongst the 91,446 million acres of this hot, harsh, desert, are a world of organisms that thrive to survive. Located in Arizona, this park’s variety of plant and animal life surpass all other North American deserts. It is divided into two districts, named after the mountain ranges that surround the park; named the Tuscan and Rincon.... [tags: the Saguaro desert ecosystem]
753 words (2.2 pages)
- “Over the Earth I come.” This is not a statement made in haste but a declaration of war, coming from the mouth of a Sioux warrior, a Dakota. They call him Crooked Lightning. That was the first and only true announcement about the planned uprising from the Dakota Nation. The Sioux Uprising of 1862 was appallingly deadly and destructive considering it may have been avoided if the United States had paid the Sioux their gold on time. The Dakota Nation didn’t just wake up one day and decide to attack the settlers.... [tags: broken promises and brutal racism]
824 words (2.4 pages)
- YouthBuild Providence is positioning itself to become a local leader in urban education reform. With the incorporation of best bet practices both in the classroom in the not so tangible elements of its programming, YouthBuild will be able to inform education partners on dropout prevention and recovery strategies. The program wants to build capacity in the programmatic areas such as support and transitional service to match the increase in enrollment and those active graduates in the PSE pipeline.... [tags: urban education reform]
537 words (1.5 pages)
- Psychological Trait Analysis In the late 1970’s Hans Eysenck modified his two dimensional model of personality to allow for a third trait known as Psychoticism. This trait, now a part of Eysenck’s Psychoticism-Extraversion-Neuroticism model of psychology, is a pattern located in personality that Eysenck found and defined as the aggressive part of personality. It is from psychoticism that Eysenck believed all hostility in humans derived from. From Eysenck’s studies in the development of psychosis he began to form a theory that there was a correlation between high levels of this particular trait and the development of mental problems such as schizophrenia.... [tags: psychological trait analysis]
1517 words (4.3 pages)
- Infirmed aging is having a condition of weakness or illness that usually lasts for a long time and is caused especially by old age. Progeria is the severe disease of the infirmed aging branch and is defined as a progressive genetic disorder that causes children to age rapidly, beginning in their first two years of life. Progeria only affects one in eight million people in the world. The term Progeria is gathered from the Greek word geras, meaning old age. Children with progeria usually don’t show any signs when they are birthed but in a year or so their growth rate starts to slow down.... [tags: infirmed aging condition in children]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- The Beanie Babies Boom "Pounce, Prance, Zip, Canyon, and Snip," came, without hesitation, from the mouth of my daughter when I presented her with five randomly selected Beanie Babies from the one hundred or so that are in her bedroom. She hardly had to think about her response as she named them for me. She knows them all by name. I was intrigued. My daughter, and my wife, are generally very selective in their interests and pursuits. There are no Tickle Me Elmos or Furbys in our house. We have never fallen prey to the lure of pet rocks or Cabbage Patch dolls, but the sheer number of Beanie Babies we possess has made me very curious about these cute little things.... [tags: Beanie Babies Ty Business Essays]
1893 words (5.4 pages)
- A premature baby is known as preemies, come into the world earlier than full-term babies. It’s one who is born too early, before 37 weeks. Preterm deliveries are more common in women younger than 19 or older than 40, and those with a previous preterm delivery. A Baby is a very young child ,one newly or recently born , Usually the youngest member of a family. A Pregnancy is the condition of a woman or female animal that is going to have a baby or babies. A Pregnancy usually last 280 days from the time of last menstruation.... [tags: Females, Pregnancies, Risk, Babies, Premature]
1244 words (3.6 pages)
- The horizon of gene technology broadens everyday along with the imagination of every human being. Designer babies, a rather amusing as well as a controversial field in science, could one day change the living world. The term ‘designer babies’ is used by people like journalists. A more scientific term would be ‘genetically modified babies’. Designing babies is actually more of a general term as this covers lots of different areas within. There are a number of methods, which are described as designed babies.... [tags: genetically modified babies]
2352 words (6.7 pages)