“To be considered alive in the scientific community it hast to follow four rules: one, be made of cells, two, obtain and use energy, three, grow and develop, and four, respond and adapt to their environment” (debate.org, 2014). How can these rules be true when number one, from the moment of conception cells are rapidly being made and dividing into to more cells, number two, In the womb babies get nutrients from the mother and use that energy to grow and develop, number three, babies growth is very progressive by the five week a babies heart is already formed, and number four, when mothers eat her blood sugar rises and so does the babiesas a result there is more activity such as kicking. From my point of view the rules that determine if a baby is alive in the womb need to be re-examined. Do...
... middle of paper ...
Ertlet, Steven. "55,772,015 Abortions in America Since Roe v. Wade in 1973." LifeNews.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Mar. 2014.
"If the scientific community defines a single celled organism, such as bacteria, a living being, is it not reasonable to give the same status to a human embryo at the moment of conception?." The Premier Online Debate Website. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Mar. 2014.
"What is an abortion?." bpas. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Mar. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Shout Your Abortion hashtag is a growing movement that has touched the lives of millions of families and has made a huge impact on today’s society. This is an organization fighting for women’s right to decide whether or not they see fit to have an abortion. What is it that empowers women feel so strongly about the topic abortion. This hashtag was started by a woman who decided enough was enough and that she wanted to take a stand against abortion being illegal and detested. Her mission is to spread the awareness of abortion and encourage women to feel comfortable with their decision.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Choice, Fetus]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- Abortion is a controversial subject for those who feel strongly against abortion will try to convince women to change her mind. In the article, “My Abortion “, by Meaghan Winter explains that some clinics been shut down to end the process of abortion. She states, “But for all the regulations and protests despite, “safe, legal, and rare” and “abortion is murder,” abortion is part of our everyday experience” (Winter 1). The argument of abortion has been going on for 5 decades, but still the most controversial subject.... [tags: Pro Life, Abortion Opinion]
1792 words (5.1 pages)
- Solutions to the Abortion Problem in America Abortion in America is a huge issue that is causing much turmoil between the communities in America. Some people feel this way and some people feel another. I am personally for pro-choice, which means I am against abortion unless it is to save a mothers life due to medical problems. Through research I found that there are many things available that are being done to try and cut the rate of abortion in America and yet I feel that there is still so much more that can be done.... [tags: Abortion]
1453 words (4.2 pages)
- Abortion is one of the most argued premise. There are diverse opinions about this procedure throughout, whether it is right or not, who gets to decide, if it is fair at all to decide who’s life is more valuable. We encounter arguments based on different scenarios and each has a justification to it. An article by Thomson, J.J., “A Defense of Abortion” talks about many such scenarios. This essay identifies the relevant argument that Thomson needs to provide and also evaluates whether Thomson 's actual arguments succeed in doing what 's needed.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Fetus, Uterus]
1144 words (3.3 pages)
- Abortion is considered to be one of the most highly debated topics of all time. As defined by the National Library of Medicine abortion means “An abortion is a procedure to end a pregnancy. It uses medicine or surgery to remove the embryo or fetus and placenta from the uterus. The procedure is done by a licensed health care professional.” (Abortion: Medline, 2014) Plus many consider the death of a fetus to be murder that is why many do not support abortion. Those who do not support abortion are called pro-life.... [tags: Abortion, Roe v. Wade, Pregnancy, Abortion debate]
1127 words (3.2 pages)
- Abortion begin in the late 1800’s with women teaching other women how to perform an abortion. During the 1800’s abortions had no law or certain rules it was something anyone could do if they knew how to correctly perform the correct procedures. Abortions didn’t bring controversial until the 1900’s when people start to see a problem with innocent babies being aborted because of the mother’s senseless actions but then raised a concern what if these women were actual being raped or either had a medical condition that would cause her to be ill or die due to giving birth, so in 1959 American Law Institute sets up a penal code for this procedure to take place.... [tags: Abortion, Roe v. Wade, Abortion law, Pregnancy]
1054 words (3 pages)
- Would you want someone to take away the ability to live from you. Or can you imagine not having this life. Babies or Embryos, on the other hand, don’t have any choices like you under the mother’s womb. They can’t resist or even stand up for themselves, if the mother decides to get an abortion. Abortion is an option given to women who become pregnant. Many consider it, and many decide to have one. They believe that it is their right to choose whether or not abortion is right for them, and the baby is just helpless.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Human, Morality]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- Abortion was made legal in 1973 (Salisbury Post)1. Before then and even still now, there is a clear divide amongst individuals on where they stand on this topic. Some are pro-life or against a woman getting one regardless of the circumstance and others are pro-choice or for a woman getting an abortion if she decides to. Pro-choice tends to get misinterpreted as “pro-abortion” meaning they just want to use abortion as a kind of birth control or that they do not want anyone to carry out a pregnancy to term.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Fetus, Logic]
1937 words (5.5 pages)
- The "abortion" talk is a heavy subject that many people are strongly biased towards. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I have my own personal reasons to believe that abortion should be illegal. My first thought to bring subject to is murder. It 's a very dark word that people tend to avoid, but when speaking realistically, what is taking place in abortion clinics is in fact murder. Is murdering someone legal. No. It is a crime. So, why are there stipulations created to make this form of fetus murder legal.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Infant, Uterus]
1433 words (4.1 pages)
- Abortion is the voluntary act taken by a woman to terminate a pregnancy. It results in the death of a fetus or embryo. Pro-Choice groups advocate freedom of choice and often use scientific examples and facts to support their argument. The contrasting view to the Pro-Choices is that of the Pro-Life or ‘Right to life’ group. They believe that all life is sacred and to kill any form of human life is immoral. There is also a moderator between the two, they hold the view that only in certain cases is it acceptable, for example rape.... [tags: Abortion Pregnancy Parenthood]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- Nike RT Management Arranges Financing
- Automobiles Are a Slow Killer in the City
- Motivations for Deliberation
- The Accomplishments of Ancient Roman Civilization
- The Use of Carbon Nanotubes for Delivery of Anticancer Drugs
- Kymlicka’s Arguement for the Link Between Freedom and Culture in his Work Multicultural Citizenship