Combines Simplicity of Paper with Full Power of Windows-Based Computing
For the past few years, the Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) has grown tremendously popular. However, due to size restrictions, it has always served as a secondary device to the desktop computer. So a number of hardware manufacturers unveiled a new form of communication, the Tablet PC. What exactly is a Tablet PC? It is a notebook PC with a touch-sensitive screen and is a bit larger than the size of a sheet of paper. Tablet PCs will have two formats: the "convertible" model with an integrated keyboard and a display that rotates 180 degrees that can be folded down over the keyboard, and the "slate" style with a removable keyboard. It allows users to save their written input either as images or as converted text. It is very similar to a PDA, only larger and more powerful, and weighs less than today's laptops yet is fully configured for PC operations and Internet applications. By combining the best qualities of a PDA and laptop, the Tablet PC can be used in applications where a laptop would be too bulky, and a PDA would not be powerful enough. In the past, field service workers with mobile devices tended to have only one application on their device. With the Tablet PC operating system, they can connect and use many more applications.
A long-cherished goal for technology visionaries and computer designers, the Tablet PC will represent the next major evolution in PC design and functionality. While retaining the full power to run all existing Windows-based software applications, the Tablet PC expands enterprise computing to address previously unmet needs, such as the ability to take notes at meetings, annotate existing electronic documents and ...
... middle of paper ...
...ning up businesses to the world, the use of a Tablet PC will be even more beneficial when sharing information across continental lines.
The Tablet PC platform has established itself as one of the computer industry’s most promising innovations. Free from cables and keyboard, the Tablet PC provides a compact, easily portable device which is both stylish and ultimately practical. It has all the power to run common productivity applications anywhere and all the graphics performance to maximize the Internet experience. Moreover, with the widespread and increasing adoption of WLAN connection technology, Internet browsing and e-mail are becoming more accessible. Although at the moment, the Tablet PC technology is still in its infancy, the ever improving technology will make Tablet PCs more user friendly and practical which brings us one step closer to a paperless society.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The article “A study of the tablet computer’s application in K-12 school in China.” They explained the tablet computers access to K-12 education in China and other developing areas. Taotao Long is a doctoral student in the Department of Educational Psychology and Counseling at The University of Tennessee. She has a master degree in Instructional Technology in College of Educational Technology. Wenxin Liang is a Distance Education specialist in the Center for Distance Education. She is working on the Distance Education and Training for K-12 teachers.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology, Teacher, School]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- How to Purchase a Tablet Tablet computers have become all the rage. They are small mobile computers that can be taken anywhere. Tablets are equipped with cameras and touchscreen keyboards eliminating the need to bring your camera, video recorder, or mouse. Tablets are larger than smart phones and PDA’s (personal digital assistants), measuring about 7 inches diagonally (Wikipedia). This makes it easier to read novels or newspapers, play games, check weather, and view movies or video. A new study from the Online Publishers Association (OPA) concluded that tablet sales are “exploding.” The results show that 31 percent of Internet users now own a tablet compared to 12 percent in 2011.... [tags: wi-fi, ios, touchscreen keyboards]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- Alka-Seltzer Rockets Instructor: Mr. Thompson Due 4/1/16 Science Research Jamal Matthews Jeremy Alpert Sophia Tannenbaum Abstract Alka-Seltzer® is a tablet that can be taken to relieve stomach pain from indigestion. Our experiment was designed to test the hypothesis that if the amount of Alka-Seltzer® increased, then the time it would take for the cap to pop off the film canister would decrease. In our experiment, we changed the amount of Alka-Seltzer® from zero tablets, to one quarter tablet, to one half tablet, and then to one full tablet.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Carbonate, Aspirin, Rocket]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- The Gilgamesh Epic is among the earliest works in history and is categorized under epic poems. Originating from Mesopotamia, the poem consists of twelve tablets covering the relationship between the main character Gilgamesh and Enkidu who is his closest male companion. The narration is done in past tense trying to bring out the fact that the poem is Gilgamesh own wordings and he wrote it by himself. ‘The Epic of Gilgamesh” commemorates historical deeds and people as it breaks down Gilgamesh life experiences that were characterized by grief, heroism, and his wisdom in a universal and perpetual process.... [tags: Character, Theme Analysis]
817 words (2.3 pages)
- Buying a Tablet There are many things to consider when buying a tablet. One may be overwhelmed when they walk into a store and see multiple options of tablets, including but not limited to; multiple brands, sizes, features, colors, and even price. It’s most important to cover the top three brands of tablets, which happen to be the iPad, Kindle, and Nook. Before buying a tablet, it is important to decide what it is you would use your tablet most for. Would it be reading. Games. Apps. Or would it be everyday use in replacement of a computer or laptop.... [tags: ipad, books, limitations]
592 words (1.7 pages)
- ... During the same year, the organization sold 562,961 of X6 tablets at $430 per tablet that resulted in $242,073,230 of revenue minus total cost of manufacturing $204,493,360 that resulted in a $37,579,840 in profit. The profitability percentage was 16% and contributed margin ratio was at 36%. The profit margin per tablet is $66.75. The X7 tablet had a price of $190 established and produced no sells in 2011. Market Information for 2011 Customer Base Model X5 Model X6 Model X7 Installed Base 1,035,000 550,000 340,000 Remaining Customers 6,000,000 6,000,000 17,500,000 Market Saturation 15% 8% 2% Sales Volume First Time Customers 882,729 516,018 0 Repeat Sales 86,250 46,943 0 Total Sales 9... [tags: business, maximum profit, change]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- My Journey to the Tablet I attended a field trip to the blockhouse at Luke AFB, Arizona. I was introduced to the SAGE Computer. I was immediately entranced by this complex piece of machinery made up of numerous parts and spanning several rooms. I couldn’t grasp exactly how this computer ran off vacuum tubes and relays. I recognized that the electronic computer would be the defining technology of my generation. I decided to learn more and be immersed in this world. I was a female in the 1980’s so we were discouraged from science, math and engineering.... [tags: technology, computer, entertainment]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- An acute or chronic illness for decades is being clinically treated through delivery of drugs in patients in the form of some pharmaceutical dosage forms like tablets, capsules, liquids, creams, pills, aerosols, injectable and suppositories. An ideal drug delivery system is such that it provides the required drug amount with in a short duration and also should maintain the steady level of drug concentration throughout the dosing period . However any conventional dosage form behaves as per its type either immediate release or sustained release.... [tags: Pharmaceuticals, Patients]
1949 words (5.6 pages)
- TABLET PCs Combines Simplicity of Paper with Full Power of Windows-Based Computing For the past few years, the Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) has grown tremendously popular. However, due to size restrictions, it has always served as a secondary device to the desktop computer. So a number of hardware manufacturers unveiled a new form of communication, the Tablet PC. What exactly is a Tablet PC. It is a notebook PC with a touch-sensitive screen and is a bit larger than the size of a sheet of paper.... [tags: Technology Computers]
1318 words (3.8 pages)
- Tablet PCs Weighing in at 2.5 pounds the Table PC is the newest creation in the world of portable computers. Instead of having to use a mouse and keyboard this new computer uses only an electronic pen and a few keys. Without even having to hook up to a phone-line you can wirelessly connect to the Internet. While the computer may be small itself its capabilities are far from it. One model of this PC is called the Convertible. This version looks very much like the normal laptop computer we’re used to today.... [tags: Personal Computers]
782 words (2.2 pages)