Essay PreviewMore ↓
The strength for Popular holdings Berhad are the core values of the company. The core values of the company are People, Objectivity, Product, Unity, Leadership, Action, and Reward & Recognition. According to the first core value of Popular , people are their customers, they are their greatest asset. Second core value states that Popular approach their work positively through pro-active participation and open communication. The third core value says that Popular provides their customers quality product at a reasonable price and the fourth value says that Popular respect their people and promote teamwork. Leading with commitment, integrity and competence is the fifth core value of Popular. The six value will be strive for excellence, fostering a quality culture in our company. Lastly Popular encourage, recognize and reward their people for exemplary performance. The second strength is a strong board of directors with Mr Chou Cheng Ngok as the Chairman& Managing Director. He has a master degree in Political Science from US. Popular have Ms Lim Lee Ngoh as their Executive Director & CEO of Malaysia operations. Ms. Lim holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting, Finance and Business) Degree from the University of New South Wales, Australia. More over, Popular’s two Independent Directors are also very capable of dong their job.
The strengths of the new product are the modern technology that is small in size and convenient to be carried around. With this Pop Card, students don’t have to carry heavy books all round when they need to study. They can simply slot a small little card in their laptops and read all the content faster.
Besides that, this pop card is also rewritable. This not only saves the cost of buying the book but it’s also an environmental friendly way of saving trees. The students can come back to any Popular outlets for the service of the product. There they are allowed to request for the extra subjects they would like to have in their Pop Card. Other than that, the bigger storage capacity allows the users to store much more information in just a single piece of card. The users can find the content of a few books in a single memory card.
The weakness of Popular Holdings Berhad will be it’s strategic vision. The strategic vision of Popular is mostly limited in the stores in Asia. Popular focus more on the Asian market rather than international market.
How to Cite this Page
"SWOT of Popular Holdings Berhard." 123HelpMe.com. 16 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- SWOT Matrix Below SWOT analysis lists some internal strengths and weaknesses and also compares with the external opportunities and threats. The SWOT analysis of Sears Holdings Corporation is as follows: Strengths • Brand equity • Strong retail network • Diverse & multicultural customers • Strong management team • Customer loyalty program • Strong technical infrastructure • Broad product offering Weaknesses • Customer Service • Old look and feel • Domestic markets are saturated • Store popularity • Poorly maintained and staffed stores • Uninspiring merchandise • Low Inventory turnover • Slack quality control Opportunities • Emerging markets • Increase brand awareness • Strong e-commerce b... [tags: Sears Holdings Corporation, Kmart, Retailing]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Sears Holdings Corporation is an American holding headquartered in Hoffman Estates, IL. is the parental company of retail brands, Sears and Kmart. It was formed after the merging of Kmart Holdings Corporation and Sears, Roebuck and Co. Besides the Sears and Kmart, the Sears Holdings also own the brands Craftman, Kenmore and DieHard. It has 3,472 retail locations under the operating of Sears, Kmart, and other subsidiaries. The businesses of Sears Holdings cover retail, home services, auto centers, pharmacies etc.... [tags: Sears Holdings Corporation, Kmart]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- This report is based on Ryanair Holdings PLC which was established in 1985. “Ryanair obtains permission from the regulatory authorities to challenge the British Airways and Aer Lingus' high fare duopoly on the Dublin-London route. Services are launched with two (46-seater) turbo prop BAE748 aircraft” (Ryanair, ND). Ryanair Holdings PLC is an Ireland based airline which is the largest low fare airline with 32 bases & over 800 low fare routes across 26 countries, connecting 146 destinations. Ryanair fleets are made up of 196 Boeing 737-800 crafts with a seating capacity of 189 seats.... [tags: business, case studies,]
1205 words (3.4 pages)
- Marketing is a process of creating or fulfilled customer needs by providing goods or services (Harrogate Borough Council, 2012). Whereas, communications in a marketing world is the process that organization and its audience are connected with each other (Harrogate Borough Council, 2012). Marketing communications is a management method through which an organisation enlists with its diverse assemblies whereby organisation must know how to present messages for their recognised stakeholder assemblies by comprehending an audience’s communications natural environment, before evaluating and acting upon the responses (Fill, C.... [tags: media entertainment, satellite t.v.]
1911 words (5.5 pages)
- Bursa Malaysia is an exchange holding company approved under Section 15 of the Capital Markets and Services Act (Bursamalaysia.com, 2014). It operates a fully-integrated exchange, offering the complete range of exchange-related services including trading, clearing, settlement and depository services. 1.1 Magnum Berhad (3859) Formerly known as Multi-Purpose Holdings Berhad, the company has changed its name to Magnum Berhad in July 2013. Magnum Berhad is one of a listed company in Bursa Malaysia (formerly KLSE).... [tags: bursa malaysia, magnum bergad, capital market]
1439 words (4.1 pages)
- The concept of SWOT model By SWOT Strengths - Strengths, Weaknesses, Weaknesses, Opportun ities, opportunities, Threats, Threats, four English words the first letters. The analysis model is actually a kind of internal resources and external environment of the enterprise evaluation and analysis of all aspects of content, and comprehensively reflect the advantages and disadvantages, opportunities and threats of the method. First, Establish the SWOT matrix, which indicates that the advantages and disadvantages of the enterprise, opportunities and threats.... [tags: SWOT analysis, Management, United States]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- CenturyLink is one of the larger communications companies within the United States and has even expanded abroad to other countries. When analyzing the SWOT analysis for CenturyLink, I was able to identify several strengths that set them apart from their competitors. As mentioned, they are distributing services in over 20 states currently and continue to broaden services to reach more clientele. They pride themselves on exceling in data communications and network systems databases which has allowed them to become one of the desired communication companies.... [tags: SWOT analysis, Marketing, Technology, Management]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- SWOT analysis is a tool that can provide prompts to the managers, clinical leads, nurse tutors, nurse mentors and staff involved in the analysis of what is effective and less effective in clinical systems and procedures, in preparation for a plan of some form, which could be an audit, assessments, quality checks and among others. In fact, a SWOT can be used for any planning or analysis activity which could impact future finance, planning and management decisions. It can enable the organization or an individual to carry out a more comprehensive analysis.... [tags: SWOT analysis, Management, Nurse, Nursing]
765 words (2.2 pages)
- A SWOT analysis is a tool that identifies internal and external factors that may affect an organization. According to Parnell (2014), a SWOT analysis allows managers to investigate the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that a company may face in their environment. Strengths and weaknesses are typically internal factors; while opportunities and threats are external factors. A company’s strengths are the things that set them apart and make them different or better than anyone else in their industry.... [tags: Strategic management, SWOT analysis, Management]
753 words (2.2 pages)
- SWOT- ANALYSE onze ervaring…de waarborg voor uw veiligheid. Inhoudstafel Inleiding 1 Geschiedenis 2 Organigram 3 Missie 5 Waarom dit bedrijf 5 Externe analyse 6 Consumentenanalyse 6 Concurrentenanalyse 7 Sectoranalyse 14 Omgevingsanalyse ... [tags: SWOT Analyse]
4993 words (14.3 pages)
The weaknesses of this product will be it might be costly to some of the users because the targeted market for this memory card is student market. They might find it unaffordable to pay a price which is slightly higher than a book. Paying a high price might be hard for students because they don’t earn money by them self. Other than that it might be inconvenient also for the users which are without laptop and for desktop computer, they need to buy an USB memory card reader to enable them to view the content of the memory card. Although the USB memory card read is inexpensive for some but as students this can be costly to them. More over this product is mainly segmented for the school users. It Is not suitable for college students or other readers.
The opportunities for Popular Holdings Berhad will be the strategic vision of the company. Popular is making fast and extensive inroads into the greater China market. Popular has the network, content and the platform, to grow their business and expend into new products, market and business. The network of Popular is retail & distribution, publishing and E-learning.
The opportunities of these products enable popular holdings to conquer the education field market. Popular holdings are very well know in the education field, thus the good name of company can also be the strength for the new product. Besides, this product can help Popular Holdings to be more specialized in education field.
Popular Holdings Berhad can also expend their network by introducing their new product because this product is not yet available in the market.
Other than that, the competitors of popular holdings berhad will not affect much on the sale of the new product because this product is only available at popular holdings berhad and it’s registered under Popular Holding. This is also a good opportunity to win the competitor with this new product.
The threats of Popular Holdings Berhad will be a strong competition form the competitors. For example, MPH bookstore has a wider coverage in the international market but Popular Holdings Berhad coverage is more focused on the Asian market. This means that the customers can get imported books easily in MPH bookstore but they will face some problems finding it in Popular.
The threats of this new product are the strategy proposed by the competitors which go against our product. For an example, competitors launch a special price book fair to sell book in half price and giving out some souvenirs to attract consumers. This type of strategy can decrease our sales because of the price which cheaper than our product.