Nestlé’s most recent SWOT Analysis for the year 2013 provide couple of issues in each box. Another data provided shows the analysis for specific countries and its strenghts, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
Strengths are very important for the company to build on. They show what the company is best in doing, its achievements. Nestlé being one of the biggest and most recognizable companies in the world, it has a lot of strengths. The company name Nestlé is known almost everywhere and its products are used every day by millions of people. The brand reputation is valued at $7 billion. In the food and beverage sector, this business offers a wide range of products, it operates 29 brands with more than 8.000 merchandises. These numbers and statistics make it hard for other companies in the same sector compete and overcome these results.
(Strategic Management Insight, 2013, „Strenghts“ section, points 1,5)
Throughout the existence, the company tries to reach customer’s best satisfaction by constant improvement of products, as well as by innovating new ones. In 2013, the company introduced new flavors of chocolate, different packaging and modifications of shapes of a product. (Nestlé International Travel Retail S...
... middle of paper ...
7. Investopedia (n.d.). Marketing Definition. In Investopedia. Retrieved May 1, 2014, from http://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/marketing.asp
8. Nestlé Health Science (n.d.). About us. Retrieved May 1, 2014, from http://www.nestlehealthscience.com/about
9. Boshardy, C. (n.d.). Strategic'Message'Planner:'San'Pellegrino. Retrieved May 1, 2014, from http://media.wix.com/ugd/e2a660_18c8e153ab881f0c82bd4335a02087f7.pdf?dn=Strategic%2BMessage%2BPlanner.pdf
10. Corporate Watch (n.d.). Nestlé SA : Who, Where, How Much? Retrieved May 1, 2014, from http://www.corporatewatch.org/?lid=238
11. Ask Nestlé (2014). What is the nature of Nestlé's relationship with L'Oreal? | NestlÃ© Global. Retrieved May 1, 2014, from http://www.nestle.com/aboutus/ask-nestle/answers/nature-of-nestles-relationship-with-loreal
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In this present era, many businesses utilize the SWOT analysis as a crucial marketing tool. SWOT stands for “Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats.” Companies applies this tool to discovered strengths; diminish weaknesses, increase opportunities and unforeseen threat. Choosing a career in today tough catastrophe economic time, it is very important that I find ways to advance my career. In advance of any career selection, I need to discover more about myself. SWOT analysis is a useful self-assessment instrument that can help me in my aspiration.... [tags: SWOT analysis, Marketing, Factor analysis]
701 words (2 pages)
- Q 6. (a). Within the topic of marketing plans, define and discuss SWOT analysis and their application/significance in building marketing plans. (b). By using data/Websites such as Value Line, S&P NetAdvantage, and Yahoo Finance, analyze one firm from the 2016 Fortune Global 500 list and discuss its SWOT analysis (see Textbook p. 470 & Figure 14.6). In our textbook, SWOT analysis has a role to document all present and possible future influence on performance, negative or positive. (Best, 2013, p 473).... [tags: Marketing, Brand, Strategic management, Wal-Mart]
1245 words (3.6 pages)
- CenturyLink is one of the larger communications companies within the United States and has even expanded abroad to other countries. When analyzing the SWOT analysis for CenturyLink, I was able to identify several strengths that set them apart from their competitors. As mentioned, they are distributing services in over 20 states currently and continue to broaden services to reach more clientele. They pride themselves on exceling in data communications and network systems databases which has allowed them to become one of the desired communication companies.... [tags: SWOT analysis, Marketing, Technology, Management]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- PESTEL Analysis A PESTEL analysis is a framework or tool used by marketers to analyse and monitor the macro-environmental (external marketing environment) factors that have an impact on an organization. The result of which is used to identify threats and weakness which is used in SWOT analysis. (Professional Academy n.d.) By PESTEL, we mean – P – Political E- Economic S- Social T – Technological E – Environmental L - Legal Let’s look at each of these segments. The main problem for Wesfarmers growth in political basis is the government regulation on suppliers.... [tags: Marketing, Developing country, SWOT analysis]
1252 words (3.6 pages)
- Company Overview Bob 's Supermarket is a family-owned independent supermarket located in Hanover, Indiana. The company retails "groceries, fresh foods, and ready-to-eat food that is the highest quality and convenient at a fair price." Bob 's Supermarket 's focus is being a good, family-oriented neighbor, and valued member of the surrounding counties (Parnell, 2014). SWOT Analysis Bob 's Supermarket 's strengths are its employees, meat department, ready-to-eat products, and locally produced items.... [tags: Strategic management, SWOT analysis, Marketing]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- In the business world, outsiders from other companies may jump in and help a company get back on its feet by introducing new concepts. In my Entrepreneurship, Marketing, and Finance class, I completed a project which implemented this concept. The project involved taking on the role of a magazine company “Pechaitis Marketing”. Classmates were paired up by the luck of the draw and were instructed to blindly pick an envelope which contained a magazine. Each group had to take on the role of representatives from Pechaitis Marketing.... [tags: Marketing, SWOT analysis, Market research]
992 words (2.8 pages)
- 1. Executive Summary The objective of this social media marketing plan is to present a marketing strategy for the J.M. Smucker company, which is among the most reputable food brands in the USA. The company is headquartered in Orrville, Ohio and is a manufacturer of ice cream toppings, natural peanut butter, beverages, shortenings and other products. In the recent past, the company has been failing in its social media presence due to bad publicity occasioned by its anti-GMO labeling campaign efforts.... [tags: Marketing, SWOT analysis, Food]
1592 words (4.5 pages)
- itracMarketer vs. Hubspot Compare Marketing Automation More Features. More Affordable. ItracMarketer is Spot-On. Marketing Automation for all Price levels Centralized and Local Marketing Automation for distributed organizations Unlimited Emails Efficient Survey Builder Anti-Spam Compliance Hubspot is an established Marketing Automation Software provider featuring inbound lead generation capabilities to businesses but these services come with a premium price tag, lack some features and do not meet the needs of more sophisticated organizations requiring local marketing automation support.... [tags: Marketing, Internet marketing, Economics, Business]
1862 words (5.3 pages)
- Nestle Cp. Since Henri Nestlé developed the first milk food for infants in 1867, and saved the life of a neighbor’s child, the Nestlé Company has aimed to build a business as the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company based on sound human values and principles. Nestlé (IPA: /[nɛsle]/) is a multinational packaged food company founded and headquartered in Vevey, Switzerland, and listed on the SWX Swiss Exchange with a turnover of over 87 billion Swiss francs. It originated in a 1905 merger of the Anglo-Swiss Milk Company for milk products established in 1866 by the Page Brothers in Cham, Switzerland, and the Farine Lactée Henri Nestlé Company set up in 1866 by Henri Nestlé to p... [tags: Nestle Case Study]
1862 words (5.3 pages)
- SWOT- ANALYSE onze ervaring…de waarborg voor uw veiligheid. Inhoudstafel Inleiding 1 Geschiedenis 2 Organigram 3 Missie 5 Waarom dit bedrijf 5 Externe analyse 6 Consumentenanalyse 6 Concurrentenanalyse 7 Sectoranalyse 14 Omgevingsanalyse ... [tags: SWOT Analyse]
4993 words (14.3 pages)
- Prokofive's Symphony No. 5
- Air Chief Marshal Sir Hugh Dowding: The Battle of Britain
- Ineffective Grading Policies: An Argument Against Giving Zeros
- Recycled Art and Found Object Assemblege
- Basque Country, Catalonia, and Galicia: Why Do Some Regions Have Stronger Sub-national Identities than Others?
- Music and Performance Pertaining to Differently Skilled Athletes