• Problem Solver:
I have a passion for finding solutions to problems and often dig much deeper than the average person to analyze the very depth of the issue. Afterwards, I thrive off of formulating a report to let the relevant persons know of my findings and also to propose possible solutions to the discovered problem. For instance, I once realized and individual was engaging in fraudulent acts merely by analyzing signatures. As I became suspicious, I decided to pull random samples of the individual’s submission. Since they all seemed to be forged, I confronted them and made them aware that I had no alternative but to report the issues. Afterwards, I received an award for excellent analytical skills, since we realized that the issues was ongoing for two years, and I picked up the discrepancy after only being transferred into the position for a two months.
We are currently in the process of implementing an e-application in my organization. The process is in the testing phase and although I am not directly a part of the project I realized many flaws in the pilot of the project and prepared a list of them, along with recommendations of how they could be resolved. The project team seems very satisfied since none of them had noticed the flaws I picked up and many call and emailed to say thanks.
• Work under pressure – As outlined below in my procrastination description, working under pressure is also one of the things that can drive me to achieve a target. Since I am able to think quickly and solve issues effectively, this is hardly ever a setback for me. At month end, when everyone is trying to get their business submitted, I ensure that all cases are entered into the system and I do so within my alloca...
... middle of paper ...
...yed if her dad tries to stop her from disturbing me.
• Better qualified individuals – I continue to seek training opportunities, since without the much needed qualifications, other individuals have a better chance at being selected for the management position I hope to be in one day.
Furthermore, my main role is currently to ensure that all applications are processed, and done so correctly. The applications are paper based and I am responsible for ensuring that the data is entered into the system. A recent concern and threat is the implementation of e-applications, which I expect will be fully rolled out in the first quarter of 2017. This eliminates me having to manually enter the data into any computer system after the application is completed by the client. As such, I suspect possible redundancy if duties are not reassigned to all employees in the department.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- SWOT analysis is a tool that can provide prompts to the managers, clinical leads, nurse tutors, nurse mentors and staff involved in the analysis of what is effective and less effective in clinical systems and procedures, in preparation for a plan of some form, which could be an audit, assessments, quality checks and among others. In fact, a SWOT can be used for any planning or analysis activity which could impact future finance, planning and management decisions. It can enable the organization or an individual to carry out a more comprehensive analysis.... [tags: SWOT analysis, Management, Nurse, Nursing]
765 words (2.2 pages)
- In this present era, many businesses utilize the SWOT analysis as a crucial marketing tool. SWOT stands for “Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats.” Companies applies this tool to discovered strengths; diminish weaknesses, increase opportunities and unforeseen threat. Choosing a career in today tough catastrophe economic time, it is very important that I find ways to advance my career. In advance of any career selection, I need to discover more about myself. SWOT analysis is a useful self-assessment instrument that can help me in my aspiration.... [tags: SWOT analysis, Marketing, Factor analysis]
701 words (2 pages)
- Overview SWOT analysis is a necessary tool for business that allows corporations to analyze where their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats lie. The SWOT tool contains paramount information about the industry and helps the executives of the business make decisions that are necessary for the business’s survival and success. PricewaterhouseCoopers is one of the big four accounting firms who’s services include, audit, assurance, consulting, tax services, and risk assurance services. PwC concentrates on 16 key industries and provides precise services that include human resources, deals, forensics, and consulting services.... [tags: SWOT analysis, PricewaterhouseCoopers]
1046 words (3 pages)
- PESTEL Analysis A PESTEL analysis is a framework or tool used by marketers to analyse and monitor the macro-environmental (external marketing environment) factors that have an impact on an organization. The result of which is used to identify threats and weakness which is used in SWOT analysis. (Professional Academy n.d.) By PESTEL, we mean – P – Political E- Economic S- Social T – Technological E – Environmental L - Legal Let’s look at each of these segments. The main problem for Wesfarmers growth in political basis is the government regulation on suppliers.... [tags: Marketing, Developing country, SWOT analysis]
1252 words (3.6 pages)
- A SWOT analysis is a tool that identifies internal and external factors that may affect an organization. According to Parnell (2014), a SWOT analysis allows managers to investigate the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that a company may face in their environment. Strengths and weaknesses are typically internal factors; while opportunities and threats are external factors. A company’s strengths are the things that set them apart and make them different or better than anyone else in their industry.... [tags: Strategic management, SWOT analysis, Management]
753 words (2.2 pages)
- By assessing each strength, weakness, opportunity and threat an organisation is able to make an informed decision about whether a change to the business would result in a competitive gain or not. SWOT is advantageous in the way that it promotes good teamwork, defines focus and scope, verifies the facts and provides information to allow further analysis for a well informed decision to be made. Before a SWOT analysis is initiated relevant facts and information will need to be researched to enable accurate information to be provided to the group.... [tags: Strategic management, Management, SWOT analysis]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- CenturyLink is one of the larger communications companies within the United States and has even expanded abroad to other countries. When analyzing the SWOT analysis for CenturyLink, I was able to identify several strengths that set them apart from their competitors. As mentioned, they are distributing services in over 20 states currently and continue to broaden services to reach more clientele. They pride themselves on exceling in data communications and network systems databases which has allowed them to become one of the desired communication companies.... [tags: SWOT analysis, Marketing, Technology, Management]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- The objective of this paper is to analyze and discuss some of the Boeing Company's business decisions using their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, also known as an S.W.O.T. analysis which is defined as, "a planning tool used to analyze an organization's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. (Nickels, McHugh, McHugh, page 216)". This is a very powerful tool usable by any business that is just starting out, going through a change in direction, or in the process of a major merger.... [tags: SWOT Analysis]
1874 words (5.4 pages)
- Coca-Cola SWOT Analysis SWOT stands for Strengths Weakness Opportunities Threats. SWOT analysis is a technique much used in many general management as well as marketing scenarios. SWOT consists of examining the current activities of the organisation- its Strengths and Weakness- and then using this and external research data to set out the Opportunities and Threats that exist. Strengths: Coca-Cola has been a complex part of world culture for a very long time. The product's image is loaded with over-romanticizing, and this is an image many people have taken deeply to heart.... [tags: Business Management swot Analysis]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- Throughout my college career, I have been involved in a wide variety of organizations and internships that not only refined my business skills, but also provided me the realistic experience in the business realm. I have experienced a wide-range of activities and work that span from selling automobile parts to providing services to patients recovering from substance abuse and mental illness. Throughout this journey, I was given an opportunity to not only develop my business marketing skills, but allowed a glimpse of the industry (and the systematic process of that particular field) as well.... [tags: swot analysis Business]
1758 words (5 pages)