In this argument I will be focusing on Fox Car Rental, Inc. as the basis for a systematic analyses of the organization, as I identify the strength, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to the existence of the organization and its operations. Also, I will be providing three pitfalls to strategic management. In order to facilitate my argument, the use of a strategic matrix analyses will be utilized.
Fox Car Rental, Inc.
Fox Car Rental, Inc. began its operation in Los Vegas, Nevada, and quickly expanded their operations in many other states such as, Florida, North Carolina, Oregon, Utah, Montana, Washington, Utah, and Hawaii to mention a few. This organization has even gone beyond the host country’s location and have erected subsidiaries in Barbados, St, Lucia, Romania, Turkey, United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Brazil, and New Zealand also mentioning only a few. However, the move to Florida was met with challenges to the car rental organization. In their expansion to Florida, the organization decided to plant its main base at Orlando, Florida, a seasonal tourist attraction geographical location. Even more, Florida was already dominated by a few major car rental companies such as, National Car Rental, Enterprise, Hertz, along with many other private car rental companies. The majority of profits car rental yield in Florida are from locations in the southern parts of the state, for example Fort Lauderdale Airport, and Miami, International Airport. It was difficult for Fox Car Rental, Inc. to establish a foothold at these Airport locations because of rental costs, and airport taxes which when incorporated in their operational expenses would inflate customers’ cost of vehicle rentals. Nonetheless, Fox Car Rental, Inc. has managed to obtai...
... middle of paper ...
Audebrand, L. K. (2010). Sustainability in Strategic Management Education: The quest for new
root metaphors. Academy of management learning & education, 9(3), 413-428.
Božac, M., & Tipurić, D. (2008). Developing strategic initiatives with the tows matrix -Croatia
Insurance company SWOT analysis. Conference proceedings: International conference
of the faculty of economics Sarajevo (ICES), 1-20.
Daft, L. R. (2012), Management, 10th Ed, Mason, Ohio: South-Cengage Learning. Daft, L. R.
Madu, B. C. (2012). Organization culture as driver of competitive advantage. Journal of
Academic and Business Ethics, 5, 1-9. Retrieved from
Markides, C. C. (1999). A dynamic view of strategy. Sloan management review, 40(3), 55-63.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In December of 2010, the world’s first, entirely electric vehicle was introduced to the car industry and Nissan was responsible for launching this innovative car known as the Nissan Leaf (“Nissan Product Information”). According to business reporter Michael Strong, Nissan Motor Company’s CEO Carlos Ghosn previously set a goal of selling 1.5 million electric vehicles by the year 2016. However, in 2013, Ghosn announced that it is very likely that Nissan will not reach this goal. He believes this may be achieved four or five years later than expected.... [tags: swot analysis, car industry]
1195 words (3.4 pages)
- SWOT analysis is a tool that can provide prompts to the managers, clinical leads, nurse tutors, nurse mentors and staff involved in the analysis of what is effective and less effective in clinical systems and procedures, in preparation for a plan of some form, which could be an audit, assessments, quality checks and among others. In fact, a SWOT can be used for any planning or analysis activity which could impact future finance, planning and management decisions. It can enable the organization or an individual to carry out a more comprehensive analysis.... [tags: SWOT analysis, Management, Nurse, Nursing]
765 words (2.2 pages)
- A SWOT analysis is a tool that identifies internal and external factors that may affect an organization. According to Parnell (2014), a SWOT analysis allows managers to investigate the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that a company may face in their environment. Strengths and weaknesses are typically internal factors; while opportunities and threats are external factors. A company’s strengths are the things that set them apart and make them different or better than anyone else in their industry.... [tags: Strategic management, SWOT analysis, Management]
753 words (2.2 pages)
- By assessing each strength, weakness, opportunity and threat an organisation is able to make an informed decision about whether a change to the business would result in a competitive gain or not. SWOT is advantageous in the way that it promotes good teamwork, defines focus and scope, verifies the facts and provides information to allow further analysis for a well informed decision to be made. Before a SWOT analysis is initiated relevant facts and information will need to be researched to enable accurate information to be provided to the group.... [tags: Strategic management, Management, SWOT analysis]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- Soundness Analysis • Suitability: Hertz has several potential opportunities and threats that it can face as a car rental company. Some of the opportunities include growth through strategic acquisitions. For instance, Hertz acquired Advantage Rent a Car in 2009 and Dollar Thrifty in 2012. With their Hertz brand, Hertz can target business travelers and upscale leisure travelers while also targeting cost-conscious leisure travelers with their Dollar Thrifty brand (IBISWorld, 2014). Hertz also acquired the remaining 35% stake in Navigation Solutions, which is the operational arm of Hertz 's NeverLost customized, in car GPS system, allowing them to add a GPS system into every car they own (Compan... [tags: Car rental, Car rental companies, Carsharing]
1394 words (4 pages)
- In this present era, many businesses utilize the SWOT analysis as a crucial marketing tool. SWOT stands for “Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats.” Companies applies this tool to discovered strengths; diminish weaknesses, increase opportunities and unforeseen threat. Choosing a career in today tough catastrophe economic time, it is very important that I find ways to advance my career. In advance of any career selection, I need to discover more about myself. SWOT analysis is a useful self-assessment instrument that can help me in my aspiration.... [tags: SWOT analysis, Marketing, Factor analysis]
701 words (2 pages)
- PESTEL Analysis A PESTEL analysis is a framework or tool used by marketers to analyse and monitor the macro-environmental (external marketing environment) factors that have an impact on an organization. The result of which is used to identify threats and weakness which is used in SWOT analysis. (Professional Academy n.d.) By PESTEL, we mean – P – Political E- Economic S- Social T – Technological E – Environmental L - Legal Let’s look at each of these segments. The main problem for Wesfarmers growth in political basis is the government regulation on suppliers.... [tags: Marketing, Developing country, SWOT analysis]
1252 words (3.6 pages)
- The objective of this paper is to analyze and discuss some of the Boeing Company's business decisions using their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, also known as an S.W.O.T. analysis which is defined as, "a planning tool used to analyze an organization's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. (Nickels, McHugh, McHugh, page 216)". This is a very powerful tool usable by any business that is just starting out, going through a change in direction, or in the process of a major merger.... [tags: SWOT Analysis]
1874 words (5.4 pages)
- Coca-Cola SWOT Analysis SWOT stands for Strengths Weakness Opportunities Threats. SWOT analysis is a technique much used in many general management as well as marketing scenarios. SWOT consists of examining the current activities of the organisation- its Strengths and Weakness- and then using this and external research data to set out the Opportunities and Threats that exist. Strengths: Coca-Cola has been a complex part of world culture for a very long time. The product's image is loaded with over-romanticizing, and this is an image many people have taken deeply to heart.... [tags: Business Management swot Analysis]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- Throughout my college career, I have been involved in a wide variety of organizations and internships that not only refined my business skills, but also provided me the realistic experience in the business realm. I have experienced a wide-range of activities and work that span from selling automobile parts to providing services to patients recovering from substance abuse and mental illness. Throughout this journey, I was given an opportunity to not only develop my business marketing skills, but allowed a glimpse of the industry (and the systematic process of that particular field) as well.... [tags: swot analysis Business]
1758 words (5 pages)