Michael Hill jeweller is a multi-specialty jeweller in North America and the Oceania. The company was started in 1979 by Mr. Michael Hill and his wife Ms. Christine when they opened their first store in New Zealand in the town Whangarei. The company then grew to 10 stores by 1987 with an issue of 6m shares each worth 65c. By 31 December, 2011 a total of 245 stores were recorded under Michael Hill jewellers. (NZX, 2014)
Competitive Positioning is defined as how you will differentiate your products or services thereby creating a value for in the market. A good positioning is influenced by market profile, customer segments, competitive analysis and methods of delivering value. (Marketingmo, 2014)
Competitive Advantages identified:
• Bringing about required changes in accordance with the latest trend.
• Making the best shopping experience for their customers.
• Offering the best price based on the quality of products.
• Highly qualified staff with in-house training and years of experience.
• Located in every city/town targetting all the customers.
• Availability of large customer online base.
• Raw materials are only taken from certified suppliers.
Michael Hill Jeweler is the middle market leader in New Zealand and Australia. Whereas, in North America and Canada Michael Hill jewelers are considered to be the challengers.
• Popular name in the market.
• Appropriate designing of store.
• Vertical integration of business. Weakness
• Large inventory.
• High dependancy rate in a particular region.
• Concentartion on the world.
• Growing global jewellery market.
• Expansion of business across the world.
• Introduction to online market. Threats
• Rise in la...
... middle of paper ...
Targets to Mode Purpose
Customers • Social Media
• Television advertisements
• Print Media
• Email • Increase sales
• Make the customer familiar with the products available
Employees • Meetings
• Notice board awareness • Educate the employees with the wide range of products available
• Company success
Stakeholders • Annual Report
• Board of discussions • Company success
With the use of the above mentioned mode of communication the company will be able to achieve the following:
• Increase in number of sales thereby increasing the profits percentage.
• Will be able to maintain a strong relationship between the company and the stakeholders.
• Will be able to take inputs/suggestions from the employees and use the best to improve the business.
• Will facilitate the employees to get a better understanding of the working of the company.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Duchess and the Jeweler is the story of the world's greatest jeweler who had promised his mother to become the richest jeweler in the world in his childhood but now that his dream has materialized he does not feel satisfied. So trying to achieve satisfaction, knowingly he buys fake pearls from a Duchess in exchange for passing a whole weekend with her daughter whom he is in love with. The purpose of this essay is to show how Virginia Woolf has successfully presented the inner mind of the characters, their struggle and their communication through the least amount of verbal communication among them.... [tags: Virginia Woolf Duchess Jeweler]
1572 words (4.5 pages)
- Discoveries can be emotionally meaningful and confronting, and can lead individuals to new values and changes. This is evident in the play ‘Away’ by Michael Gow which explores the self-discovery and transformations of differing characters. Through the constant problems and events of an iconic Australian trip to the coast, the character Tom realises the severity of his sickness and that there will be certain aspects of life he will never experience. Ed Sheeran’s ‘Castle on the Hill’ further emphasises the idea of experiencing new aspects of life and the importance of these.... [tags: Experience, Life, The Play, Discovery, Character]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- Michael Jordan is a former American basketball player who led the Chicago Bulls to six NBA championships and won the Most Valuable Player Award five times. Quote “You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.” —Michael Jordan Brief summery American basketball star Michael Jordan was born on February 17, 1963, in Brooklyn, New York. Jordan left college after his junior year to join the NBA. Drafted by the Chicago Bulls, he helped the team make it to the playoffs. For his efforts there, Jordan received the NBA Rookie of the Year Award.... [tags: Michael Jordan, Basketball]
1302 words (3.7 pages)
- The second book of Thessalonians, chapter 2 verse 7 says, “For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out the way”. Lauryn Hill, an American singer, rapper, and actress, who is also known as a member of the Fugees, put out one of the most prominent albums of the 90s entitled The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. one of the most politically charged songs on this album is also titled The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. In this song, Lauryn Hill talks about how people are not educated or open minded about what is going on in society today, whether it be in the judicial system, religious beliefs, or education systems.... [tags: The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, Lauryn Hill]
1843 words (5.3 pages)
- Fear brings forth a certain atmosphere which compels us to act upon it. The era in which the book was published allows us to see how common these fears were. Shirley Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House is an excellent portrayal of how fear controls the human mind by using the characters as examples. In the book Eleanor, Theodora, Luke, and Dr. Montague have all been influenced by fear in the story, whether it be the fear of love, the unknown, family, rejection, expression, or loneliness. These different types of fear plagued their minds causing their actions to reflect upon them.... [tags: The Haunting of Hill House]
771 words (2.2 pages)
- A Critical Analysis of Michael Jordan and the New Global Capitalism In the history of business, there has been a clear record of industry heads finding something or someone as a mainstay and bedrock for their respective companies or corporations; there is often a chief product that keeps many businesses afloat, even in the rough times. Apple found it's own in 2001 with the iPod. McDonald's has had the Big Mac since the late 1960s. Nike, however, found their goldmine in a person with Michael Jordan.... [tags: Michael Jordan Capitalism]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- Michael Jackson lived in different place in and not around America like Never lands Ranch, Los Angeles, Gary, and a country called Bahrain. He was born in a small town called Gary, IN. Michael Jackson died in Holmby Hills, Los Angeles, CA. He died at June 25, 2009. Michael Jackson is the highest- earning deceased artist. Michael Jackson said he that he sounds like Minnie Mouse in his song The Jackson 5. Michael Jackson wear a gloved on his o his left hand he had to cover his vitiligo it a patches of pigment on the skin in his case it was on his hand.... [tags: Michael Jackson, Death of Michael Jackson]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- City on a hill: A new nation is born The city on a hill idea was first taught by the puritans that came from Europe, that wanted America to be a shining example to all the world. It was to be a place built on new rules and new ideas. Overall, it was supposed to be a nation that rose above all the others so that it could be marveled at and copied. In this paper it will be proven that the federalist approach to how the “City on a Hill” idea should be put into action was superior to the ways of the anti-federalists because of three things that they did:1.... [tags: essays papers]
708 words (2 pages)
- Michael Wigglesworth's Wrathful Poetry Michael Wigglesworth was born in England in 1631. He came over to America with his family at the age of seven. He was raised in the town of New Haven, Connecticut until he went to Harvard at sixteen. He graduated in 1651 but remained a tutor for three years. He was called to the ministry and accepted a call to a church in Malden, Massachusetts, in 1655 and remained in that town the rest of his life. He had three wives and eight children. Wigglesworth was a small and extremely frail man.... [tags: Michael Wigglesworth]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- The novel Windmill Hill written by Michael Jacobson uses techniques such as emotive language, point of views, symbolism, manipulation of time and descriptive language to make the reader agree and sympathise towards the values presented in the novel. A value presented in the novel would be, the reality of ageing. Techniques have been used to present this value to the reader. An example of this technique is the use of descriptive language. This technique is used to make the vision of ageing more realistic to the reader, allowing them to have a more personal view towards the subject of ageing.... [tags: World Literature]
732 words (2.1 pages)