. SWOT analysis is used for companies to analyze their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. This information can give some insight to improve internal weak areas and build on strong ones. External opportunities and threats will also be analyzed and potential strategic decisions can be made according to these results. This paper will produce a comprehensive SWOT analysis for our organization which will then be implemented in the overall strategic plan.
First determining the firms internal strengths, the paper will then provide a detailed analysis of its findings including how our company might capitalize from these outcomes. Next it will examine the organizational weaknesses and discuss possible ways to improve these conclusions. Then it will determine the companies opportunities including what possible actions are recommended and how ABC Complete Kitchens can capitalize on these advantages. Finally it will probe into probable threats, providing recommendations to mitigate these threats either by opportunity or strengths.
ABC Complete Kitchen’s internal strengths will be determined and bulleted according to importance in this section and will be analyzed including how the company might capitalize on these outcomes.
Our greatest assets here at ABC are our human capital. Our trained machinists and technicians are our most basic core company. According to an article by Schreyer, “creating value out of knowledge is an intangible asset known as human capital.” (Schweyer, 2004) Our designers only use the best materials and have managed to stay under budget for two years in a row.
According to Bhutoria, 2000:
“What gets measured gets managed.” This...
... middle of paper ...
...ary 2, 2012, from Employee Retention Solution Web site: http://www.retentionconnection.com/
Moutray, C. (2011, December 13). In Industry Week (Ed.), NAM/IW Q4 Survey: Manufacturer Optimism Spikes. Retrieved February 2, 2012, from Industry Week Web site: http://www.industryweek.com/articles/nam/iw_q4_survey_manufacturer_optimism_spikes_26182.aspx
Navin Bhutoria. (2011). In HR Folks International (Ed.), Valuatuation of Human Capital. Retrieved January 30, 2012, from HR Folks.com Web site: http://www.hrfolks.com/articles/intellectual%20capital/valuation%20of%20human%20capital.pdf
Schweyer, A. (2004). The role of talent and technology in an organization. In Talent
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... To develop any technical system within the organization it is necessary for the management to have an information management system (IMS). The management of ABC Complete Kitchens, Inc. also requires an information management system to increase its effectiveness in the new market. It is because; this system facilitates accountability and traceability and at the same time also involves the customers and suppliers (Muchemu, 2006). The involvement of suppliers would improve the quality of its product and services while the involvement of customers would be beneficial to enhance the effectiveness of problem solving activities.... [tags: plant, management, distribution]
1048 words (3 pages)
- In this memo I will discuss the quantitative research techniques for ABC kitchens, the information which the statistics will provide for ABC Complete kitchens and I will define the management information systems in the place which can provide the productivity data required. ABC Complete kitchens is right now extremely competitive and really active. Its technological advancement is a really important component of the current business environment. The information management system, decision support system and the e-business objective are few technologies which are used by the firm (Decision Support Systems, 2010).... [tags: Management Information, Growth Rate]
1178 words (3.4 pages)
- ... The CRM system tracks our suppliers, matching the orders placed, against deliverables. This assists the firm in identifying the premier suppliers. The suppliers are given a logon, and required to submit a quote for the goods that we need within 24 hours. The pricing they supply is automatically fed into our system, and is used in the calculation to see if the projected customer request is profitable based on that suppliers quote. The analysis is generated for the plants operation manager, and is helpful in the decision making process.... [tags: competitors, management, distribution]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- ... If you look at figure 1 it shows the balance sheet includes two sides, left side for assets, right side for liabilities and stockholder’s equity. To find stockholders equity, the equation is assets-liabilities=stockholder’s equity. On the balance sheet asset must equal liabilities and stockholder’s equity (Edition, 2011). The assets show the type of resource that the organization use; the other side shows the type of resources, and how much money it needs to take care of expenses. In Figure 1, it shows an example of a balance sheet for ABC.... [tags: stockholders, liabilities, taxes]
1056 words (3 pages)
- This analysis of ABC, Inc. has been entrusted to our Six Sigma Counseling firm. At A&A Solutions, we specify on training and hiring conflicts within a company’s structure. ABC, Inc. has hired our company to find investigate problems occurring; how they occurred, and to obtain solutions to the problems found. The Operations Manager of ABC, Inc. would also be informed if any of the employees are involved in the cause of the problems. Background Information of the Problem The Operations Supervisor Monica Carrolls, has entrusted Carl Robins to recruit and train 15 new hires.... [tags: Business Analysis]
915 words (2.6 pages)
- Analysis of The Complete English Tradesman Daniel Defoe's "The Complete English Tradesman", is a good example of his non-fiction writing. The content in the writing is thorough and well presented by Defoe. In the writing, Defoe explains what his opinions on what it means to be an English tradesman. Contrary to some experienced tradesmen, he believes that to be a good tradesman, one needs to acquaint himself with all business in general.... [tags: Complete English Tradesman Essays]
684 words (2 pages)
- Imagine attempting to expose a highly cautious serial killer who could be anyone living anywhere in the country. In Agatha Christie’s ABC Murders, Hercule Poirot has this exact task placed upon him. A murderer, who only kills in alphabetical order, is on the loose, and Poirot, along with his partner and the police squad, is charged with the case. After a few consecutive murders, clues began to be found as to who “ABC” actually is. A surprising plot twist occurs at the end which has the reader questioning how Monsieur Poirot eventually discovered this careful killer.... [tags: Literary Analysis, Agatha Christie]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- ABC, Inc. Case Study Analysis Problem At the beginning of April, Carl Robbins was hired at ABC, INC. as a new recruiter. He successfully hired several employees, even though he was fairly new at his job. This was his first recruitment effort that turned out quite well. After this, the Operations Supervisor, Monica Carrolls, tasked Carl to recruit 15 new employees to begin working at ABC in July. So Carl scheduled an orientation to take place for the 15 employees on June 15th. Monica contacted Carl around May 15th to ensure that the process to get the orientation started was underway and Carl assured her that the orientation would be ready in time.... [tags: Management Business Essays]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- ABC, Inc. Case Study Analysis • Introduction A number of problems were made during the recent hiring process. This case Study is an attempt to identify and recommend ways to improve this process. From the information that has been obtained, I believe that a lack of employee experience and a lack of prior planning and follow up resulted in a failure to accomplish all the tasks necessary to hire the new employees in a timely fashion. • Background Carol Robins, a new campus recruiter for ABC, Inc., in early April he was able to hire 15 new trainees who were destined to work for Monica Carrolls, the operations supervisor.... [tags: Business management Essays]
533 words (1.5 pages)
- 1.1 Project : SuperTread Tyre Brand ABC Tyres has recently developed a new tyre, The Supertread. Managers and Financial Directors (Mr George Lee) must determine whether it is beneficial for the company to make the investment necessary to produce and market it. A report has been prepared analysing the concerns Mr Lee has with the company’s proposed new project. 1.2 Financial Decisions within ABC Investment decisions have major consequences for the future development of a company, in this case ABC Tyres.... [tags: Business Analysis Finance Management]
1800 words (5.1 pages)