... middle of paper ...
...structure." Sustainable City Network, Inc.: Sustainability - Balanced Information & Intelligent Solutions for Municipal Professionals. Web. 07 Nov. 2011.
Slow Food Portland Oregon. Web. 07 Nov. 2011.
"TriMet: About TriMet." TriMet: Public Transportation for the Portland, Oregon, Metro Area. Web. 07 Nov. 2011.
"Sustainable City." City of Portland, Oregon. Web. 04 Nov. 2011.
Terry, Lynne. "Portland's Walking Neighborhoods Seen as Guide to Future - OregonLive.com." Oregon Local News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather - OregonLive.com. Web. 9 Nov. 2011.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... I would not use the information where it mostly based on how Zimmer Gunsul Frasca, an architecture firm, improve its sustainable look after ZGF Architects LLP designed green buildings in the area and throughout the world because it is not relevant to my topic. This article is found on Academic Search Premier. The authors of this article, Rebecca Miles and Yan Song both have research interest on environmental development. They are fascinated by many parts of sustainability such as low carbon and green cities, land use organization, plan valuation, and land use policies.... [tags: oregon, environment, sustainability]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- ... Urban development has resulted in an extensive loss of vegetation and habitat which has resulted in increased water temperature and decreased capacity to filter pollutants and sediments from runoff (City of Portland Environmental Services, 2005). The watershed also serves as an important wildlife corridor, especially for migrating salmon. However, upstream passage of salmon is prevented due to levees. Johnson Creek Much like the Columbia Slough, the Johnson Creek Watershed has also been severely altered and urban development has contributed to its poor health.... [tags: environmental, urban, habitats]
1425 words (4.1 pages)
- Portland, one of the big cities along West Coast, has no sales tax and lower renting and housing price compare to the others, such as: Los Angeles, San Francisco or Seattle… That makes Portland become an ideal city for people who cannot afford to live in other big cities or states. Many people from other states, especially West Coast area, have been planning to move into Portland, or Oregon state in general, because of those advantages. And that is the reason renting and housing price in Portland have increased significantly, and it makes people currently live in the area struggling for the changes.... [tags: English-language films, Apartment, American films]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- Portland Community College (PCC) has the music department at three campuses, Sylvania campus, Rock Creek, and Cascade. The first two campuses have the music program for students transferring to a four year university and the cascade is for being professional musicians. Each program has the concert or music events to show the students’ progress each term. However, there is a tendency that few audiences come to visit the concert. It is the consequence of that people do not know the detail of the activity of the department very much since the advertisement of those events tends to be presented less.... [tags: University, College, Portland, Oregon]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- Portland State University Located in the “Heart” of Portland Oregon is PSU, a large public university, 50 acres, with a total student population of 28,000, with 21,980 undergraduates and 41% graduating within six years of admittance. 70% return for sophomore year and the calendar type for this college is Quarters. This college offers certificate, bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees and the most popular for a bachelor 's degree is business/marketing, social sciences, health professions and psychology.... [tags: Academic degree, High school, College]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- Mission Statement The Portland Trail Blazers organization is a sports entertainment company dedicated to not only winning NBA Championships, growing new basketball consumers, providing superior entertainment, value and service to the people but making a real difference outside the basketball arena in the local and regional communities. The Trail Blazers work outside the arena to make a difference in the local and regional communities by effectively serving people in need. The Trail Blazers enrich the lives of all of the people associated with the Trail Blazers brand as we thrive to diverse opportunities and contributions through charitable donations, solid ethnics and morals within the... [tags: Marketing Campaign]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- In recent years Portland, Oregon has become one of the country’s most popular cities to live in. The influx of technology, creative marketing industries and environmental consciousness have all lead to the desirability of the area. Although the number of pull factors drawing people to Portland is high, Portland’s racial reputation is the main cause of gentrification in this area. Portland is becoming one of the United State’s worst example of displacement of Black residents, and the fastest gentrifying city.... [tags: Black people, African American, Racism, Race]
1238 words (3.5 pages)
- Early pioneer of ecological substantiality, Herman Daly, proposed a problem of environmental maintenance. He proposed, (1.) renewable resources of harvest should not exceed the rate of regeneration (sustainable yield), (2.) the rates of waste generation from projects should not exceed assimilative capacity of the environment and, (3.) non renewable resources should require comparable development of renewable substitutes for that resource. (Daly, 1990) Despite his insight and projections, human continue to over use natural capital.... [tags: Sustainability, Ecology, Natural environment]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- “The hierarchy between art, architecture, design, and planning remains a paradox within the culture of sustainability, where the principal criterion of value to bring into being sustainable projects and environments,” states design Professor Victor Magolin from Illinois states in the essay Reflections on Art and Sustainability. Overall, when trying to define collaborations, movements, art objects, or what have you, it all comes down to the intent of the project or creator’s final goal. What is my definition of a culture sustainability.... [tags: Sustainability, Natural environment]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- The Oregon Trail The Oregon Trail was a very important aspect in the history of our country’s development. When Marcus and Narcissa Whitman made the first trip along the Oregon Trail, many Americans saw a window of opportunity. The Oregon Trail was the only practical way to pass through the Rockies. Pioneers crammed themselves into small wagons to try to make it to the unsettled land; however, 10% of these pioneers died on the way due to disease and accidents. The journey along the Oregon Trail was a very long and rough experience.... [tags: History Historical Oregon Trail Essays]
627 words (1.8 pages)
- Evidence-Based Practice In Screening For Scoliosis And Treatment
- England's Rose
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in Children
- George Kelly's Philosophical Theory
- The Value and Importance of Market Research
- Preserving the uniqueness of local cultures in their modern design interpretations.