Inhaling or tasting gases or fumes from burning chemicals like tobacco is known as smoking. Cigarette smoking is now becoming a big issue throughout the cosmos and particularly in Oman. Scientist and medical researchers say that the bullet from a cigarette contains more than 4000 deadly chemicals, which could have various toxic, mutagenic effects. The capacity and concentration of chemical elements can vary widely from one brand or type of coffin nail to another single. More or less of these chemicals are Methanol, Tar, Nicotine, and Vinyl Chloride. But think these chemicals are starting inside a human body, it will surely destroy the human body slowly until that someone drops dead and it wouldn’t be a peaceable one. Because the number of smoking cars in Oman is tremendously increasing, the government has already worked a motion considering this subject. They are attempting to band this bad habit from the Sultanate.
A questionnaire was constructed as an instrument for this research. 9 questions were used to define the sample and these closed questions were totally designed for multiple-choice responses. Thirty two people in the 18 to 40 year age group were passed the questionnaire and thirty six were delivered. The respondents were student, teachers and English department from the MTC in Oman.
The questionnaire contained one open-ended question relating about smoking. The question asked the respondents on how did you first got involved in smoking. Also, another question asked the respondents about how many people in their family smoke. The respondents could pick out from the following answers: ‘’ few’’, ‘’a lot’’ and ‘’none’’.
This chart indicates the percent of the smo...
... middle of paper ...
...ingle student had to get through a medical examination. Every military personnel have to be free of diseases. That’s why there weren’t any students who suffer from cancer in the MTC.
In this research I had some barriers that made me struggled and made my mission challenging. One of them is, the respondents didn’t vary that much they were all students and some teachers in the college. Second, the respondents didn’t take the questionnaire seriously. Third, I didn’t have enough time to examine more teachers and other staff who work at the MTC. In the end, the percentage of the smokers in the MTC aren’t that high because the students are aware of the dangers of smoking cigarettes. Also, they are military personnel and they are not allowed to smoke on campus.
Correspondent Dr. Steve Salvatore, WASHINGTON (CNN). http://smith.mn/research.html
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The electricity demand increases rapidly due to the enormous increment in population. Moreover, with the era of industrialization and also with the development of industries has increased significantly in recent years. Also, with the huge prospectus for the renewables especially in fields of Wind and Solar energy.Oman puts the continuous efforts to use the clean and safe energy in maximum possible way to meet the requirement of power generation with the growth rate of 8-10%. The policies and political issues plays a vital role in Oman, when we talk about the renewable energies.... [tags: renewable energy, oman, power generation]
3417 words (9.8 pages)
- The primary method was conducted using a series of distributed questionnaires to children for my research. The reasons why I used questionnaires are because I think I will obtain appropriate and honest responses which relates to their personal experiences. The data collected was then categorized by data into gender, age from age 8 to10, age 11 to 13, age 14 to16, age 17 to 19 and type of abuse. The surveys were equally distributed, a total of 13 surveys were handed out to children between 8-18 years of age that have been victims of child abuse/ neglect.... [tags: Primary Research on Child Abuse]
921 words (2.6 pages)
- Smoking a cigarette in the park or in a party would be so much fun for so many teenagers. Also, sitting with friends or a group of people and smoking, many teens believe that this makes them look cool. Many people have seen many teens under the age of eighteen smoking in street with their friends.“They start smoking in the between the age of 12 to 17. “According to Herbert bob, says, they were passing the same cigarette to each other, and this would be a serious problem by passing a disease to each other and they have no idea that would happen”.... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Smoking, Tobacco smoking]
2864 words (8.2 pages)
- Results Respondent Profile The survey was distributed via Facebook posts, email requests and printed QR code advertisements to musicians across Alaska. A total of 119 musicians participated. Respondents were asked to participate and volunteered to complete the survey on a matter of convenience for both parties. All participants (n=119) qualified themselves as musicians claiming residence in Alaska. These musicians ranged from armature to professional. Of these, 92% claimed to use online media. Five percent claimed to not use online media, and three respondents did not answer this question.... [tags: survey results]
1984 words (5.7 pages)
- Introduction People have always wondered about divorce and its causes and effects. When I was a young girl I used to ask ’’,why do people get married if they are going to get divorced in the future?’’ When I grew up I realized that anyone could go through divorce. Divorce has become a phenomenon that is increasing around the world. Fourteen weeks ago I had not known the real definition of divorce and did not expect to find out all these astonishing facts, results and statistics. I have chosen this topic because it was the one and only opportunity to discover men’s opinions about divorce and women’s, as well.... [tags: Arab, survey, marriage]
1536 words (4.4 pages)
- Though smoking in hospitals is currently not permissible, the possibility to allow smoking may be brought up; therefore, the inconveniences of cigarette butt littering and smokers gathering at entrances to smoke, along with the dangers of third hand nicotine contamination should reinforce this policy to stay in effect. Though smoking in hospitals is currently not permissible, the possibility to allow smoking may be brought up; therefore, the inconvenience of cigarette butt littering should reinforce this policy to stay in effect.... [tags: smoking, argumentative, persuasive]
612 words (1.7 pages)
- Satisfaction Survey Research Current Survey Background Perhaps no other research tool utilized by social scientists is as sensitive to social and technological change as the sample survey. Survey research is a multibillion dollar industry in the United States. Surveys provide critical information to decision-makers in government and business. Polls and their results are widely discussed by the general public and media. Because of the size, complexity, and expense of major surveys, which can include tens of thousands of respondents and exceed $100 million in cost, surveys inevitably come to reflect social and technological change.... [tags: Survey Research Market]
1472 words (4.2 pages)
- Death Penalty Survey It's my belief that people often lack enough information to have an informed opinion, but go ahead and give their opinions anyway. Given the time, money and desire to complete this survey again I'd change my approach. I'd attempt to educate them more on the subject by providing them some detailed information such as factual statistics on both the pros and cons of the death penalty. Thus providing them with a broader background relating to the subject. I feel that by providing factual statistics and historical data that it would greatly add to the validity of the survey.... [tags: Survey Death Penalty Essays]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- “A blockbuster study published in the January issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) examined the impact of exposure to ETS on the progression of athersclerosis (hardening of the arteries) and concluded, in part, that the arteries of non-smokers exposed to ETS thickened 20% faster than non-smokers with no second-hand exposure” (JAMA). Another study published in Pediatrics in January estimated that, “about half of the cases of early childhood cases of asthma, chronic bronchitis and wheezing are attributable to exposure to secondhand smoke” (JAMA).... [tags: Tobacco Nicotine Smoking Cigarettes]
1802 words (5.1 pages)
- Oman is a small country located in the northeast by the gulf of Oman and southeast by the Arabian Sea, southeast by Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. The capitol of this country is Muscat. Oman covers an area of about 119,500 sq mi. Oman borders Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and the United Arab Emirates. The Oman government, from what I have read, is ran by a sultan and seems to be somewhat democratic. The population is overwhelmingly Arab, but significant minorities of Indians, Pakistanis, and East Africans are found in the principal ports.... [tags: essays research papers]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- The Creation of Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook
- Wickedness of Humans Portrayed in William Golding's Lord of the Flies
- Learning Styles Realized in Carol S. Dweck's Book, Mindset
- Ethics and Morals Are Essential for Pharmaceutical Companies
- JLB Enterprises: Managing Performance Through Participative Leadership
- DIY is Do It Yourself