The concept of supply chain and logistics management is easy to make people confuse, but as Giunipero and Brand (1996) claimed that supply chain has a wider context than logistics, he thinks supply chain could be seen as a management method on the strategic aspect which can enhance customer satisfaction in order to improve a company’s competitiveness and profitability. According to the research of Rhonda, Dennis and Robert (2001), on common understanding in the related area, logistics is a process to plan and control goods or services resources from the start point of the resource to the final consumer in order to meet their requirement; and the process is considered to include inbound, out bound, internal and external movements and reserve movement of the raw materials and finished products.
In conclusions, logistics management is the control of the material flow in practis...
... middle of paper ...
...duct’s availability would produce a high cost for logistic system, because warehousing, inventory and transportation is the main cost, and it also come with the risk of damaging inventory.
Improving the productivity of logistics would have a great influence on the profit and the consumer, because it allow the company to have fast responds to the market. This mean logistics need to have good production forecasting, scheduling and inventory management. Improving productivity of logistics enable companies to have less inventory, which is able to cut down a large number of purchasing cost and directly increase the net profit. This require the logistics group to have good prediction of the inventory, efficient transportation and flexible warehousing. In conclusion, with high productivity logistics, potential consumer is easier to become the real consumer of the company.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1.1 Logistics Management Definition Logistics Management concept changes from organization to another. However, the most widespread definition is published by the Council of Supply Chain Management (CSCMP, n.d) which have considered logistics as "the part of supply chain management that plans, implements, and controls the efficient, effective forward and reverse flow and storage of goods, services and related information from the point-of-origin to the point-of-consumption in order to meet customer 's requirements".... [tags: Logistics, Supply chain management, Economics]
1061 words (3 pages)
- For this first week of our discussion we will be focusing on transportation and the supply chain. The role or impacts that transportation can affect the role of a supply chain performance in positive or negative ways. Within the total supply chain management (SCM) concept, the goal is to meet customer service objectives while minimizing inventory and associated costs. SCM is seen as an integrative approach for planning and controlling the flow of material from suppliers to end users; it has also been stated that SCM and cooperative buyer-supplier relationships can prove useful in meeting the goals of the logistics function.... [tags: Supply chain management, Logistics, Supply chain]
1223 words (3.5 pages)
- Amazon as an agent: In this model of supply chain, Amazon acts as an agent where it doesn’t own the product or even store the product in the warehouse. The suppliers can sell their products online through Amazon. In this model, the suppliers list their products online through Amazon and when a customer buys it, the product is directly shipped from the supplier to the customer. Amazon acts an agent and takes agents fee from the supplier. Product shipment Agent Summary of the two supply chains: The two supply chains of Walmart and Amazon are different from each other and are best at their own perspective.... [tags: Supply chain management, Logistics, Supply chain]
1054 words (3 pages)
- Supply Chain Role Omni Logistics is a 3PL business that specializes in transportation services that can be customized to customer’s needs. Teams of dedicated professionals aim to remove risk and variability in the products and suppliers of their clients. Moreover, Omni tailors their services to meet the unique needs of each individual client by combining a unique team, technology, and personal processes. Omni’s program solutions include domestic (air and ground), international (air and sea), air charter, full truck load, LTL rater, security and risk management, White Glove Solutions, distribution, information technology, and business sector solutions.... [tags: Supply chain management, Logistics, Transport]
1063 words (3 pages)
- Midterm Reflection In the first half of the course Advanced Business Logistics, I have found many items that have stood out over the past four weeks. Each weekly lesson plan has been logically broken down into segments that were easily understood and presented in a logical fashion. I have been pleasantly surprised and excited about the course content. I have been aware of many of the topics discussed which have been presented in previous courses but not to the detail that I have found in this current course.... [tags: Supply chain management, Logistics, Supply chain]
1329 words (3.8 pages)
- How have a good management in the supply chain Nowadays, one of the most important objectives for all companies is to offer goods at the lowest cost, without leaving the standards of quality and customer service. The supply chain is a key factor to success in the business operations of companies, since it represents effective logistics management. Companies around the world are implementing the supply chain management because is considered as a powerful new source of competitive advantage. The supply chain management has an important role to play in moving goods quickly to their final destination.... [tags: Supply chain management, Logistics, Management]
767 words (2.2 pages)
Supply Chain Management : Qube 's Biggest Export And Import Service Providers Of The Logistics Services
- Introduction Qube is one of the Australia’s biggest export and import service providers of the logistics services. In the year 2010, the company came into existence. Qube logistics deals with the services such as road and rail transport, distribution, warehousing, and the container parks. In the last few years, the company has worked for the expansion and is now the biggest service provider of Australia in the sphere of Supply chain management and the logistics. Out of the total earnings of the Qube, 45% is only contributed by the logistics department.... [tags: Logistics, Supply chain management, Management]
1983 words (5.7 pages)
- In this essay, I will discuss the notion of Supply Chain Management through analysing the different types of supply chains. Next I will look at the concept of sustainability and how it applies to SCM. This will lead into the discussion that SCM also involves the process of New Product and Service Design as well as Strategic Capacity and Project Management. A supply chain entails various entities that are involved in the beginning to end business process of delivering a product (good or service) to its end consumer (Cooper, Lambert & Pagh 1997).... [tags: Supply chain management, Supply chain, Logistics]
1236 words (3.5 pages)
- To resolve these issues, many companies are trying to find tools for implementing best logistic management practices. Research has been conducted on the buyer-supplier relationships in logistics. This research will contribute by presenting a study between Strategic buyer-supplier relationship and logistics and supply chain performance. Buyer-supplier relationships impact on firms can be seen from both operational and strategic perspectives (Carr & Pearson, 1999; Lambert & Cooper, 2000). Operational perspective primarily emphasizes the impact on quality and service delivery, and/ or costs.... [tags: Logistics, Supply chain, Supply chain management]
1608 words (4.6 pages)
- Supply Chain Management I plan to go into supply chain management for my career. I plan to go into this career as I feel it is something I would be great at. I would like to work at a car company when I finish college. Also, this job includes traveling and I love to travel. The definition of Supply Chain Management is, “the active management of supply chain activities to maximize customer value and achieve a sustainable competitive advantage” (Handfield). Supply Chain Management goes back as far as 1898 where the word “logistics” appeared in an article (History of Logistics and Supply Chain Management ).... [tags: Supply chain management, Management, Logistics]
1029 words (2.9 pages)