It is inside of the human beings nature to trade with each other since their apparition there are million of years. From the middle age to nowadays societies, the use of the currency as mean of trade become popular among societies and more people were able to establish commerce of different articles. Having Decided to open a small ice cream stand on campus called “Ice-Campused” to apply my business and economical skill I noticed that there are days where ice creams remain unsold but other days where there are not enough ice creams for the number of customers. Knowing that Fluctuating Demand corresponds to the demand in the commerce sector, which rises and falls sharply in response to changing economic conditions and consumer spending patterns there are several factors, which cause the shifts in demand.
First of all, the shift in demand can be caused by the demographic factor or number of buyer, which correspond in our case to the demographic number mainly represent by students present on the campus. Knowing that the volume of population gives us a very good indication of the market size available, it will be our most important factor causing the fluctuation of the demand because as we decided to install our business on campus the number of potential client will vary from day to day due to their schedule. For example it is obvious that during the post-exam and even exam period our small business will observe a pic of his activity because during that period of semester, the other campus activities such as the library are usually full with a high rate of participation. Therefore we can assume that our business will increase his activity at that time too. However, during the regular session of school where students ...
... middle of paper ...
...ises. Therefore, In the case of competing with another student on the market of ice-cream, it is clear that the price of ice-cream on our campus will falls from 1.50 to the new price and the quantity of ice-cream available will rises while the level of demand will stay unchanged.
In conclusion, while the shift in demand curb can result from several sources, the quality of service, the tastes or even the number of buyer as presented here represent the main reason of the shifting price of an activity as the sell of ice-cream on campuses. As a businessman we should take in consideration those factors in order to be successful and trying to anticipate our rise or fall to stabilized our business. On another hand, keep in mind The most famous law in economics: “when the price of a good rises, the amount demanded falls, and when the price falls, the amount demanded rises.”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- College is an exciting place, full of many more opportunities and experiences than high school. In order to more fully immerse ourselves and get involved on campus, we were required to attend four events on campus. The four I chose to attend were the common read kickoff event, the ag-bio ice cream social, a CFFA club meeting, and the raise up for wellness common read event. The common read kickoff event was a really great eye-opening experience. When we got to the event we sat in small groups of roughly a dozen students and a group leader who worked for the school.... [tags: High school, College, Elasticity, Resilience]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- Ice Cream Who does not love a scoop of indulgent ice cream. However, does anyone really know how or why people came to like, or more importantly, eat ice cream to this day. Ice cream has been around since the 13th century, maybe even before then, but the actual discovery or creation of ice cream still has yet to be answered. Since its creation, it has made its way all around the globe and has been altered by many cultures to fit their specific qualifications. With different lifestyles and desires, ice cream not only can be altered in flavor, but also has been changed to give many nutritional benefits for those of certain qualities and needs.... [tags: Ice cream, Milk, Custard, Butterfat]
796 words (2.3 pages)
- 1. Which segments of the general external environment, if any, are relevant to the Russian. Cream industry. Why. One of the favorite snack and desert of Russians since 1900s ice cream was considered one of the best in the world. The popularity had grown since and in 1990 the per capita consumption of ice cream by Russians was 6.95 pounds mainly distributed through kiosk, supermarket, grocessary store, restaurants and cafés. The Russian ice cream industries were facing lot of completion and global pressure to meet up with the benchmarking that the American franchise Haagen- Dazs and Baskin & Robbins has set.... [tags: Ice cream, Marketing, Brand, Soviet Union]
1578 words (4.5 pages)
- Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream As summer is fast approaching, the sounds of the ice cream truck can be heard all over the neighborhood. Recently these ice cream trucks have been replaced by frozen yogurt trucks, a healthier alternative to ice cream. Ice cream is filled with calories and fat grams, however even though people are calorie conscious, the ice-cream industry is a multi billion dollar business. In 2014, Breyers ice cream came into the top five highest earning ice cream companies in America.... [tags: Ice cream, Milk, Dairy product, Butterfat]
1328 words (3.8 pages)
- Ben and Jerry's Premium Ice Cream Products Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream is a brand name company known worldwide. With superior marketing techniques Ben and Jerry's has positioned themselves to be the leader in manufacturing premium ice cream products. They have successfully targeted their market, and there by achieved a strong customer base. The mission statement of their product line is "to make, distribute, and sell the finest quality all natural ice cream while incorporating wholesome, natural ingredients and promoting business practices that respect the earth and the environment".(1) This company is known to be a monopolistically competitive, because there are still many firms and consum... [tags: Business Analysis Ice Cream]
1422 words (4.1 pages)
- People are sick, and it is because of listeria. Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream is doing all they can do to help fight the listeria outbreak before it is blown up, more than it already is. Jeni’s Ice Cream is safe to eat because they have no deaths from their produce. The news and consumers have blown this outbreak up way more than it needed to be because they didn’t realize that Jeni didn’t have contaminated produce that they could consume. Jeni’s Ice Cream should be doing as well as it used to because they had a problem, they recognized the problem, then they resolved the problem.... [tags: Milk, Ice cream, Dairy product, Immune system]
1500 words (4.3 pages)
- Brief history: - Tip top is one of the greatest organizations in New Zealand. In a nation with the world 's best drain and cream, the purest water, the sweetest products of the soil flavours, it’s nothing unexpected Tip Top is the world 's best dessert – and it’s made right here in NZ. It found by two companions Len and Albert in 1936 and they opened a frozen yogurt shop in behaviour road, wellington. Tip top have their headquarter at Fonterra Brands (Tip Top) Ltd, PO Box 722, short land Street, Auckland.... [tags: Customer service, Customer, Ice cream, Sales]
3122 words (8.9 pages)
- Wallace Stevens's "The Emperor of Ice-Cream" "The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream," Wallace Steven's writes in his poem "The Emperor of Ice-Cream" (8). This line proclaiming the ice-cream maker as important as an emperor is used metaphorically to describe the selfishness of human nature. One the surface, the poem is about the wake of a poor, old woman. However, if the metaphors and symbols of the poem are examined, the poem's deeper message becomes apparent. The attenders of the wake, who represent human nature, are uninterested in the dead woman; they are only concerned with their own wants - eating ice-cream.... [tags: Stevens Ice Cream]
960 words (2.7 pages)
- Adrienne Rich's poem entitled "Miracle Ice Cream" is a short, yet thoughtfully penned poem that gives reference to playful and memorable experiences during childhood. The author follows to allude to deeper meaning with a stronger final stanza. Rich's beautiful use of language and brilliant placement of meter adds to the power behind this poem intended to elicit a response from the reader which would help relieve stress from everyday life. Given that the title of the poem is called "Miracle Ice Cream," one could easily assume that the opening line, "Miracle's truck comes down the little avenue" (line 1), is in reference to an ice cream truck driving along a residential street with the traditi... [tags: Miracle Ice Cream Essays]
576 words (1.6 pages)
- Ice-Fili and the Russian Ice-Cream Market The Russian Ice Cream market is worth $ 500 million, with Ice Fili as the market leader. The industry concentration, determined by the market share of the four largest firms in a sector is low for Russian ice-cream industry. It indicates that the industry is highly fragmented and competitive. The industry has experienced a low growth rate of ~ 3.5 % for the last two years and the other factors influencing the overall market size, like the population and the per capita consumption of ice cream have been stagnant over the years.... [tags: Ice Cream Industry Market Russia business]
1747 words (5 pages)