Sunil Bharti Mittal, born October 23, 1957 is an Indian businessman. He is the chairman and managing director of the Bharti group. The $4.5 billion turnover company runs India's largest GSM-based mobile phone service.
Sunil's father, Sat Paul Mittal, an MP, was always in public life. It was Sunil who started in business (making cycle parts in Ludhiana, India) in 1976 at the age of 18 with borrowed capital of Rs 20,000.The son of a politician, Sunil Mittal is a Punjabi. He has built the Bharti group, along with two siblings, into India's largest mobile phone operator in just ten years.15 years back, his company, Bharti Telecom, was a manufacturer of telephones of the push-button variety, and made its money by supplying to the Department of Telecommunications (DOT). Detractors allege that it was the family's political connections that helped it land the DOT contract.
IT Man of the Year Award 2002 from Dataquest CEO Of the Year, 2002 Award from World HRD Congress. Today, Sunil Mittal runs a successful empire with a market capitalization of approximately $ 2 billion and employing over 5,000 people. He has been honored with several awards. Sunil Bharti Mittal was chosen as one of the top entrepreneurs in the world for the year 2000 and amongst 'Stars Of Asia', by 'Business Week'.
First generation entrepreneur.
Education: Sunil a former student of Harvard Business School, graduated from Punjab University. He had shown an interest in business even from his teenage days.
Previous trading experience: Started off as an entrepreneur immediately after graduation, trading in various merchandises.
Skills required: Hands on behavior, Risk taking behavior, futuristic, innovative,...
... middle of paper ...
...ls. They've also given Rs 200 million to IIT Delhi for building a Bharti School of Technology and Management. You must give back what you take. Bharti Enterprises joined hands with the All India Football Federation and pumped in over a hundred crore rupees to help the country attain global standards in the sport. Bharti signed a MoU with the AIFF, which aims to create a comprehensive National Football Development Programme and working for globalisation of Indian football, in an attempt to make it to a World Cup finals. As a first step, the telecom company will start a world-class football academy, to be named 'Bharti-AIFF Academy' with an investment of more than Rs.100 crores, to be set-up either in Haryana or Goa. Mr. Mittal said he wants a "football revolution" in the country and is ready to invest "any amount of money" necessary for providing a world-class academy.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Sunil Bharti Mittal, born October 23, 1957 hailing from Ludhiana is the chairman and managing director of the Bharti group. He is a pioneer, a dreamer and an achiever. Sunil a former student of Harvard Business School, graduated from Punjab University. The son of a parliamentarian Sat Paul Mittal, Sunil did not want to follow his father's footsteps. Sunil started in business (making cycle parts in Ludhiana, India) in 1976 at the age of 18 with borrowed capital of Rs 20,000. Later he started operating from Delhi and Mumbai, india, mainly importing and distributing products.... [tags: Biography Biographies Bio]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- ... In fact, his name comes across world’s top 25 philanthropists. His vision lies in imparting education to the needy. This is a bitter truth that apart from being the fastest developing country of the world and attaining so much we are still lagging behind in the field of education. We hold on to having the most number of illiterate of the world. Every two out of five illiterate is from India. Mittal is very much effective in the field of delivering education to all the sections of the society.... [tags: excellence, success, entrepreneurship]
669 words (1.9 pages)
- Answer 1: As we all know what is leader. Leader is that person who influence the behavior of others is called leader. In today’s world there are so many leaders such as political leader, business leader and sports leader etc. But for answering my question I chose both business leader Lakhshmi mittal and Alan mullay. Lakshmi Mittal (conceived 15 June 1950) is the executive and CEO of Arcelor Mittal, the world 's biggest steelmaking organization. The Indian-birthplace steel financier is worth with an expected abundance of 17.51 bn pounds, has held his position as the wealthiest individual in the UK for the seventh year in succession in 2011, however his riches declined by 4.93 billion pounds... [tags: Leadership, Management, Arcelor Mittal]
2445 words (7 pages)
- Bharti Airtel Limited Bharti, based in Delhi, India is a family owned telecommunication business, founded by Sunil Mittal in 1995. Mittal saw an opportunity for his business because the Indian telecom market allowing companies to bid for a government license to operate the first private mobile telecom service in Delhi. Bharti won the bid and became the first private provider in Delhi. In 1998 they were the first to make a profit from their services in India. As Bharti continued to grow they began gaining licenses for mobile telecom operations in 15 out of 23 geographical regions also called circles.... [tags: Business Management Analysis]
1421 words (4.1 pages)
- We are one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of a wide range of Electrical Contacts for Starter and O.C.B. Carbon Brush, Brush Holder and Slip Ring Unit.// change sequencing, same as about us// Our range is acknowledged for optimum quality, efficiency and durability. We are counted as a prominent manufacturer and supplier of a comprehensive range of Electrical Contacts for Starters, O.C.B. Contacts, Carbon Brushes, Brush Holders, Slip Ring Unit and Flexible Cable. Moreover, we are also a stockist of Relay, Timers, PVC Cables, Copper Wire and Aluminum Wire.... [tags: Business Profile]
2279 words (6.5 pages)
- We are a renowned organization engaged in retailing and supplying of Audio & Visual Equipment, Sprung Back Scrappers and Polyurethane and Rubber Screen Decks & Liners. These are known for their durability, reliability and excellent performance. Owing to our experience of almost a decade in this field, we are engaged in offering our clients with a comprehensive range of LCD Projectors, Cordless Mike, Computers, Laptops and Audio Systems. Apart from these, we also provide Collar Mike, Sprung Back Scrapers and Polyurethane and Rubber Screen Decks & Liners.... [tags: Business Profile]
2230 words (6.4 pages)
- We are one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of Engine Valves Seats & various types of engine application. Our products are precisely engineered and are known for their durability and resistance against pressure and temperature. Backed by the industry experience of 17 years, we are the prominent manufacturers and suppliers of Engine Valves Seats & various types of engine application. Our range of products includes Engine Valve Seat Inserts, Ring and Header Work. The high quality valves that we manufacture are known for their resistance against extremely high temperature in the combustion chambers of four stroke engines that use natural gas, L.P.... [tags: Business Profile]
1789 words (5.1 pages)
- Profile Essays Profile Essays - Grandfather, Grandpa By definition, my grandfather is handicapped. However, he doesn't act as though he is, and he certainly does not want to be treated in any special way. In fact, most of the handicapped people in society do not appreciate being treated in a way different from anyone else. They just want to be accepted as human beings. Some people become handicapped as a result of an accident. Others are born with their disabilities. My grandfather was asleep one night on a Coast Guard cutter when another ship, a destroyer, appeared in the distance.... [tags: Personal Narrative Profile]
415 words (1.2 pages)
- As we all know what is leader. Leader is that person who influence the behavior of others is called business. In today’s world there are so many leaders such as political leader, business leader and sports leader etc. but for answering my question I chose both business leader Lakhshmi mittal and Alan mulay. Lakshmi Mittal (conceived 15 June 1950) is the executive and CEO of ArcelorMittal, the world 's biggest steelmaking organization. The Indian-birthplace steel financier is worth with an expected abundance of 17.51 bn pounds, has held his position as the wealthiest individual in the UK for the seventh year in succession in 2011, however his riches declined by 4.93 billion pounds amid the m... [tags: Leadership, Management, ArcelorMittal]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- (a). Problem Essay: The main problem Bharti Airtel Limited facing is "How to manage its capital expenditures for its operations and how to face the expected exponential growth and a competitive environment." The challenges that the company is facing are 1. Keeping pace with expansion: Bharti’s customer base is growing at 100% per year. It has its mobile operations currently in 15 circles out of 25 in the country and its fixed line operations in 6 circles. So it is a huge challenge to keep pace with the expansion.... [tags: Business Case Study]
1494 words (4.3 pages)